Star Golf Carts

Closed Thread
Old 11-28-2009, 05:58 AM
Veteran member
Location: Indiana,the Villages,Port Charlotte fl ,Summerfield fl, The villages again

The rear window defroster was great on a Yugo!
It kept your hands warm while pushing it off the road.
Old 11-28-2009, 10:07 AM

I just received my new Tomberlin golf cart, look at this one before you buy a new one, I did my home work and its the best one on the market. The best part was the price was right .
Old 11-28-2009, 10:14 AM

Not to cause any problems but I think if you look at he stuff you buy it sure isn't made in the USA, don't get me wrong but almost all the stuff you buy is made in China or India. China ownes alot of our debts. I love this country but thats the way our government is doing things now. Look at our large car companies like GM and Chrystler they are build and selling lost of cars overseas and our monies are going there.
Old 11-28-2009, 10:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdills View Post
I just received my new Tomberlin golf cart, look at this one before you buy a new one, I did my home work and its the best one on the market. The best part was the price was right .
Where is it made?
Old 03-15-2010, 08:39 PM
Default Star vs. "American Made"

All golf carts are Jap/chinese, and most are assembled in the USA. Star is still a new company, but they are improving dramatically. 60 mile range on the 8 - 6V batteries is AWSOME. The 2in1 "Cartvertable" seat is a GREAT idea, and is super easy to manipulate. Best thing to do is ask around, find star owners. Golf Cart Connection LOST their Star franchise, and the new dealer thats in the same plaza are GOOD people. They are expanding, and will soon offer parts and accessories and a full service department.

I invite you to stop in there, and compare!
Old 03-16-2010, 11:29 AM
Default carts

Bought a Tomberlin last year and love it, check it out before you buy one. I love the LSV concept.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:27 PM

me too. im a former ezgo owner and im with mr dills. my e merge is a beauty!!!! i like everything about it. and i can tell you the braking system on these vehicles is second to none!!! you former uaw boys need to get over thinking made in china is a bad thing. just go try one of these out and youll understand where we are coming from. made in china or not!!!
Old 03-16-2010, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnut View Post
Negative is they are not American companies, EZGO, Club Car and Yamaha carts (my choice in that order) are made in the USA and have been for 40 years, if you're partial to sending your hard earned money overseas then go with Star or Aero or one of those other foreign manufacturers, not sure how long they've been building golf carts, then again you may be driving a kia or hyundia or one of those other foreign cars in which case you'll probably prefer a chinese cart....to each his own......I prefer American made.....GN
i just purchased a 2010 gmc terrain. got it home and was looking it over and guess what??? on the inside was a sticker showing the info and where it made! not in america????????? it was made by a canadian subsidiary!
Old 03-16-2010, 09:56 PM
Gold member

We've had a Star for about a month now. It is too soon to know what its reliability will be. However, in my research I spoke with one of the people who runs one of the AAA-like services for golf carts. I figured who would know better about what breaks down a lot than someone in the business of coming to the rescue. When I asked him what was the cart that presented the most problems, I was surpised by his answer. He said that late model EZ-Gos were one of the most problematic carts. (Perhaps the new AC motor giving them some problems???)

When I asked specifically about Star he said that they had experienced some trouble with them early on, but they seemed to have gotten their act together and they don't really present a relibility problem.

Last edited by NJblue; 03-16-2010 at 10:00 PM.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:24 AM

But I would bet there are alot more new EZGO out there then there is Star Cars. So you would see more EZGO break downs then you would Star Car.
Old 03-17-2010, 05:45 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdills View Post
Bought a Tomberlin last year and love it, check it out before you buy one. I love the LSV concept.
I just googled Tomberlin and the Anvil looks interesting.

What model Tomberlin did you buy? Did you use the dealer in Wildwood?
Old 03-17-2010, 07:24 AM
Default No way

Don't Buy a Star, you will be sorry. Buy American! Trust me I had one. Hard to resell, no one wants them as a trade. Nightmare on 4 wheels. Bought a new EZGO RXV 48v AC Drive. Had a few small problems, but the cart runs outstanding now. Will climb a hill like you would not belive.

Last edited by dcartman; 03-17-2010 at 07:29 AM.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:25 PM
Default Tomberlin cart

I bought the E-2 with the larger tires and I bought it in Wildwood. The neat part of Tomberlin is they show you the cart open up at there show room. You can see all the parts, I was impressed no other show room does that.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:28 PM
Default dcartman

how long have u had the EZGO and what were the problems that were fixed. Interested in getting one.
Old 04-30-2010, 08:22 PM

I ordered a Star cart in the fall of 2009, but because we were out of the country, did not take delivery until this past March. Everything to do with this purchase has been great. I received the income tax credit for 2009, which was one of the prime reasons for buying the Star. Second reason was the convertible back seat. The service has been excellent, they have come by three times for minor adjustments, and we continue to be very happy with the cart itself. Right before leaving for the summer, we took a long ride from the southwest corner of the villages, north to the polo grounds, east along 466, then south again to home. Battery indicator did not even move, so I can believe the 60 mile rating. So, my experience is totally positive.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.