tomberlin golf carts

Closed Thread
Old 01-24-2012, 10:44 AM
Gold member

Found a link to an article about it here.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:06 PM
Default Tomberlin

Ed Vin, this is the way Tomberlins are sold, 1st of all all Tomberlins have a VIN number, now when you buy a non-LSV vision from The Villages Golf Shop you will get a "Letter of Origin" that will make that cart a Non LSV, and the maximum speed is 20 MPH. You don't need plates or have it registered. As I said before the Villages can't sell a LSV. The LSV vision will also have a VIN number, and that cart can go over 20 MPH. You can reduce the speed by the controller in all their carts. As I speak there is a law I'm working on with the state that you will be able to change an LSV and reduce it to a regular cart. If you have any further question you can PM me.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:57 AM
Gold member

The point I was making was that Tomberlin does not advertise their Golf Sport standard golf cart on their website so I was unaware that they were making it. And I would never trust a dealer to tell me otherwise until I saw the certificate of origin document.

It’s that document that is the deciding factor as to whether it’s an LSV or not, which is the reason you are pushing for that new law because as you know, you can't just reprogram the top end speed of an LSV model and declare it a non LSV.
Old 01-29-2012, 05:15 PM

Mr JayJay service is not a problem, if you buy a cart at the Villages they will service your cart. If you have any personal questions you can PM me. We have a Tomberlin club and have over 300 members.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:34 PM
Gold member
Default The Club

And I just joined! right Mr. Dills YEA now I need a cart!
Old 03-24-2012, 07:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I was in Villages Golf Cars at LSL last week. They had a nice looking used black Tomberlin SS with 4 seats and golf bag rack. They were only asking $5500, it was a non-street version. It probably needed new batteries and tires but from a distance it looked brand new.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJayjay View Post
I was just told Michael is a factory authorized Tomberlin repair facility. Thats good to hear, as I will surely be getting one for the wife now. Thats good to hear that they have a reputable, knowledgeable, repair facility.
Who is Michael??? where is he located?
Old 08-09-2012, 06:25 AM
duffer4384

Tomberlins are made in China. Good luck
Old 08-22-2012, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffer4384 View Post
Tomberlins are made in China. Good luck
Items are made all over the world, Globalization by name.

This is probably the easiest rational explanation for Globalization:
A definition of globalization that I can understand and to
which I now can relate:

Question: What is the truest definition of Globalization?

Answer: Princess Diana's death.

Question: How come?

Answer : An English princess with an Egyptian boyfriend crashes in a French
tunnel, riding in a German car with a Dutch engine, driven by a Belgian who
was drunk on Scottish whisky, (check the bottle before you change the
spelling), followed closely by Italian Paparazzi, on Japanese motorcycles,
treated by an American doctor, using Brazilian medicines.

This is sent to you by a Canadian, using American Bill Gates' technology,
and you're probably reading this on your computer, that uses Taiwanese
chips, and a Korean monitor, assembled by Bangladeshi workers in a Singapore plant, transported by Indian truck drivers, hijacked by Indonesians, unloaded by Sicilian longshoremen, and trucked to you by Mexicans.
That, my friends, is Globalization!
Old 08-23-2012, 09:57 AM
Gold member

I looked it up and thats exactly how Wikipedia defined it.
Old 02-10-2013, 01:43 PM
Smile looking for a gently used Tomberlin Emerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdills View Post
Just to add what play golf said, if you purchased the cart thought the Villages Golf Store it will be a non LSV. Reason being, they can't sell LSV's, they don't have a auto license. The non-LSV's carry all the safety features of the LSV's, the only difference is the controller that regulates the speed. If you want to buy a LSV pm me and I can hook you up. We have a very large Tomberlin club, and meet every 4th Wednesday if interested pm me.
Hi I am a new member and was looking for a suggestion on how to search the forum for a used Tomberlin Emerge. Thanks ahead, Kathleen
Old 02-10-2013, 03:27 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarGuys View Post
Yes your correct, And for general transportation Gas is still at present the best bang for the buck. That is with road transporation.

I'm talking 50k Gas carts all belching more raw HC and excessive CO than necessary for healthy lungs to breath, Of course can we taste or smell CO no.

You would have to be in a EPA test lab like I have been watching engines pass calibrations certifications to be sold to convince you.

My single cylinder lawn mower on a CO analyzer produces more emissions than my Silverado V-8. It was fun to watch the kids and young techs eyes light up when I demonstrated this.

Heck A Cigarettee produces more CO than most modern day engines.

I'll lock myself in my garage doors down with my truck running,

You by pass the start stop feature idle that cart in your garage .

In a hour I'll walk out, you will get carried out feet first. DEAD!

And yes we use more foreign oil to power electrical plants than local oil Yadda Yadda the argument goes on. I'm not running a electric cart on coal?

Now in defence of Gas. A fuel injected gas cart with a Catalytic converter installed would be very clean. It would start the course grass on fire or melt your vinyl seat but it would be clean.

Golf Courses are soon going to be mandated to rent or allow only electric no gas carts allowed. Several states have retirement communities that have banned the sale and operation of Gas Carts.

A gas cart pollutes more in one hour than 100 cars driving within the villages
at the same time.

Hey it's America. Each to each own. And on and on and on goes the debate!

carguys: You are spot on. I read that ditty on gas carts being outlawed sometime ago but can't remember where (cerbral whiteout). Also, unless Emerge upgraded ,their brakes last about 3000 miles before they have to be replaced
Old 07-08-2013, 10:12 PM

Sta-rite in Fruitland is the new Tomberlin dealer. Frank Re is the wizard behind the curtain when you ask questions at, Ask the expert with all your carting questions on all makes and models.

BB
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.