Windshield cleaning?

Closed Thread
Old 06-10-2011, 04:25 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
I use the cleaner/polish they make for airplane windshields. You can buy it at any small airport. It is made specifically to cause any rain to run off and not bead up. So any water or rain will leave you with a very clear windshield. It is made for plastic type windshields.
the product is rejeX....good stuff...expensive but it delivers as advertised
Old 06-11-2011, 03:20 PM
Gold member

Has anyone tried Rain-X?
Old 06-11-2011, 04:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman911 View Post
Has anyone tried Rain-X?
Rain-x warns not to use on plastic. I've bought several windshields over the years for motorcycles and most manufactures recommend to clean in only one direction, either horizontal or vertical. That way any scratches will be in the same direction, not a swirl which causes light to scatter and make visibility worse especially at night looking at other lights.
Also, never, never use the cleaning sponge at a gas station which usually will have other peoples grit from their dirty windshields embedded in it. I clean mine with an ammonia free glass cleaner and wax it with a car wax.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:52 AM
KittyKat
Thumbs up All Kleer a winner!

Got my All Kleer the other day along with lint-free towels. Squirted it on the windshield, used a towel to wipe it on, let it dry to a glaze then wiped it off with another towel. NO MORE SCRATCHES Later, I had to run an errand in the cart and when I turned West the windshield looked brand new again.
Old 07-18-2011, 12:59 AM
Gold member
Default Windshields

http://www.jpcycles.com/product/950-110

Also a local Harley Davidson or Honda Motorcycle dealer all carry products that will not scratch non glass windshields.

H
Old 07-18-2011, 06:25 PM
Veteran member

I got a bottle of that All Kleer and never saw anything work so good works on eye glasses to plastic that is
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.