Yamaha Battery Carts

Old 04-26-2024, 08:02 AM
Sage

Do you realize that Yamaha has been making both gas and electric carts for some time now ? What is new is that they now offer lithium-ion batteries in addition to lead-acid batteries in their electric carts. Approximately 80% of the golf cart market is electric.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Perhaps they are being smart and are letting their competitors hang themselves chasing the electric market and competing amongst themselves while they continue to crank out the best gas carts available?
Old 04-26-2024, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova Filtration View Post
Take a look at the Evolution, priced way better with great standard features
This ^

I am what I'd call a motorhead and enjoy fast cars and motorcycles, there's nothing like a car running down a 1/4 mile track or a motorcycle (or dinky roadster) carving through the hills or canyons. I've enjoyed many Yamaha motorcycles, ATVs and jet skis, I think Yamaha (and Honda) make the very best small engines in the world.

All that said I recently bought an Evolution d5 golf cart, it will go 75 or 80 miles on a charge and that's more than enough for me in a day. Its fast, quiet doesn't stink and has all the needed options to make it comfortable. It was nearly half the price of a Yamaha or Star cart so if it self destructs in a few miles I wont have lost much, I hope it has a long trouble free life but only time will tell. If it lasts 7 or 8 years and needs a 4k battery I'll still be 6 or 7k ahead of the other brands.

I will continue to enjoy my v8 powered f150 until a 'good' electric vehicle comes along and at that point I'll probably make the change but not just yet.
Old 04-26-2024, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
Why can't Yamaha make a good battery cart? I asked the salesman about their carts and he said that Yamaha doesn't make a good battery cart for distance. Why? Other cart brands get + 50 mile run time.
Or maybe the salesperson has other brand electric carts on site and wants to close the deal vs ordering you a Yamaha electric and risk you changing your mind.
Old 04-26-2024, 08:25 AM
Default Depreciation

A little off topic but, I just saw a video from a retired car salesman and his son. They claim the EV car market in some cases are losing over 50% depreciation on new cars. The example they used was the cash offer price on a 2023 vehicle with 500 miles. Who knows if any of it's true but something to think about. Not sure if this would play into the golf cart market also.
Old 04-26-2024, 08:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,129 Times in 2,766 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
Approximately 80% of the golf cart market is electric.
That statistic might be correct for short distance use like golf course rentals, but certainly not for other applications requiring driving significant distances. Just walk around Lake Sumter Landing any busy Saturday evening and take note of the mix.
Old 04-26-2024, 08:31 AM
Sage

The Villages is a unique environment and probably one of the few places where gas carts outnumber electrics, for now. I was responding to your post where you said " letting their competitors hang themselves chasing the electric market and competing amongst themselves". Nobody is "hanging themselves". They are responding to market demand.

Quote:
That statistic might be correct for short distance use like golf course rentals, but certainly not for other applications requiring driving significant distances. Just walk around Lake Sumter Landing any busy Saturday evening and take note of the mix.
Old 04-26-2024, 08:34 AM
Default Yamaha Carts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
Why can't Yamaha make a good battery cart? I asked the salesman about their carts and he said that Yamaha doesn't make a good battery cart for distance. Why? Other cart brands get + 50 mile run time.
Why make a "good electric cart" when Yamaha make the BEST gas model.
Focus on what you do best.
Old 04-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Sage

The comment wasn't about the quality of Yamaha electric carts. I believe you will find the electric carts are of just as good a quality as the gas carts. I believe the poster wants Yamaha to offer a larger battery for additional range. Perhaps they will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsimpson View Post
Why make a "good electric cart" when Yamaha make the BEST gas model.
Focus on what you do best.
Old 04-26-2024, 08:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,192 Times in 2,267 Posts

While I understand many of the arguments for and against electric golf carts IMHO it will have very little effect on your smelling exhaust. I have a Yamaha gas cart, and the only time I smell the exhaust from MY cart is when I am backing up.
Old 04-26-2024, 08:45 AM

For me the electric golf cart makes a lot of sense since the 50 mile range seems to be more than enough for a day and then just recharge in your garage overnight. The EV autos are a little different if you want to drive long distances with the extra time and limited infrastructure. As technology increases the range and speed to charge will increase and more and more we will switch to owning an EV.
Old 04-26-2024, 09:07 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by txfan View Post
They are not. Maybe closed-minded people who don't recognize technology advancements think gas-power is the only transportation option for life.
Waiiiiit... Mods, an IP check please, this sounds suspiciously like another frequent poster here - I'm suspecting a ghost account to bypass any imposed posting restrictions.
Chino 1960's to 1976, Torrance, CA 1976-1983, 87-91, 94-98 / Frederick Co., MD 1983-1987/ Valencia, CA 1991-1994/ Brea, CA 1998-2002/ Dana Point, CA 2002-2019/ Knoxville, TN 2019-Current/ FL 2022-Current
Old 04-26-2024, 10:36 AM

Went golfing yesterday, drove back home and then went to Spanish Springs for lunch. Then went to Southern Trace for groceries. Then went to Brownwood to the Square and home, without worrying about range. This is what I call living The Villages Lifestyle!
Old 04-26-2024, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Someone who lives in Moultrie Creek and wants to play Lopez??????
Reside at Linden, play all of the courses up north without any issues.EZGO Lithium.
Old 04-26-2024, 01:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,912 Times in 1,530 Posts

Quote:
Perhaps they are being smart and are letting their competitors hang themselves chasing the electric market and competing amongst themselves while they continue to crank out the best gas carts available?
Maybe Yamaha is content with the 50 miles and uses LIGHTER batteries which jmprove handling, acceleration, and deceleration when compared to the brands that use heavier batteries. Higher weight can be a disadvantage. And Yamaha has a reputation for quality that they want to protect, so I would give them the benefit of any doubt.
Old 04-26-2024, 02:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,129 Times in 2,766 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
Maybe Yamaha is content with the 50 miles and uses LIGHTER batteries which jmprove handling, acceleration, and deceleration when compared to the brands that use heavier batteries. Higher weight can be a disadvantage. And Yamaha has a reputation for quality that they want to protect, so I would give them the benefit of any doubt.
Or perhaps Yamaha is targeting golf course rental fleets as their target electric cart market, where the need for range is less important than coming in at a certain price point. That would give them a competitive advantage for electric fleet vehicles while they already are the clear leader in the gas personal transportation vehicle market.

Tags
cart, yamaha, battery, carts, make

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.