Yamaha battery drain / speedometer rewire

Old 04-08-2024, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARFAP View Post
Todd Casey rewired mine so that it wasn't draining the battery when the key was off.
Thank you, that is the info I was looking for. Does the speedometer retain the trip odometer mileage after it goes off?

The speedometer on my old cart had a battery that let it keep the mileage. Not sure if the Cheetah has a battery, which may be why it is wired the way it is, so that it keeps the mileage.
Old 04-20-2024, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts Fan View Post
Thank you, that is the info I was looking for. Does the speedometer retain the trip odometer mileage after it goes off?

The speedometer on my old cart had a battery that let it keep the mileage. Not sure if the Cheetah has a battery, which may be why it is wired the way it is, so that it keeps the mileage.
We're you able to figure out the wiring? Mine has 4 wires, red, yellow, black, and I believe green or blue. The red wire is NOT connected. The green (or blue) wire goes to the yamaha hour guage, and I believe may be picking up fuel reading. I think the yellow and black are hot and ground, but hoping to verify from someone prior to cutting wire. The plugs they use are so small I can't get my voltmeter into them to read. Can't find a manual on line, not sure who even makes the unit. Thanks

Tags
speedometer, driven, battery, yamaha, quietech

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.