Yamaha Windshields - which one?

Closed Thread
Old 07-22-2023, 03:32 PM

I prefer the fold down windshield. Had my cart for ten years now and have never been hit by a bug as stated in another reply to this post. I do have smoke tinted plexiglass sun visors that I sometimes use to control the airflow when driving. Works great!
Old 07-22-2023, 05:28 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,258 Times in 364 Posts

I never travel with my split windshield down and have never seen the need to do so. There is plenty of air coming in above the windscreen and through the open sides.

I definitely do fold the windshield down when on the golf course. That makes for a pleasant trip.

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else
Old 07-23-2023, 04:16 AM

The fold down version hinge may hit a persons line of sight depending on how tall or short they are. The sliding version is mostly worthless. The tilt out version, with the tilt out at the bottom of the window allows for plenty of ventilation and since the rest of the window has no breaks it provides full vision line of sight. All of them allow rain to enter when driving during rain. The tilt out is the best at keeping rain out when driving but it will still let some in. During the summer all carts are hot...I have two fans in my cart for summer use. One is wired to the elec system, and the other is a clamp on usb chargable model. These work very well when golfing to keep all occupants comfortable and air moving.
Old 07-23-2023, 04:26 AM

Clear, fold down, sliding vents. Get sun visors installed to block sun.
Old 07-23-2023, 05:41 AM
Veteran member

we've had 3 different versions of golf cart windshields. Currently we have the fold down, clear, with vents (with the screen). I would not buy this again. Fold down with the screen is a must, we don't get any bugs coming thru the screen. Our last golf cart, I bought a tinted windshield and I will be getting another soon, night driving with a tinted windshield is no big deal, really don't know the difference. As for the vents, I'll skip those on the new windshield. They are nice, let in extra air, but the channels that hold the sliders are dirty and you can't clean them. Dirt gets in between the channels and the windshield, plus if you don't clean these channels, the vents get hard to slide. My new window will be a tinted fold down with no vents.
Old 07-23-2023, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcsnave View Post
Looking for your thoughts on a Windshield for a 2022 Yamaha Drive 2 Quietech

1. Tinted or Clear?
2. Fold down?
3. Sliding vents or tilt out vent?
4. Impact modified?
5. Solid, tinted, impact modified, sliding vents?
We have two carts, one had the tinted windshield with the tilt out vent. It did not fold . She loved it , but I prefered the fold down with the wind in my face. So what did I do? I ordered a fold down for her cart in case we ride together. She Never folds the winshield down, but I'm happier. Except now I have a tilt out vent tinted windshield that is sitting in a box in my garage. If you want it $50. I can even help you install it.
Old 07-23-2023, 06:56 AM

I had tinted plexiglass visors put in my cart. Used just like in a car. Well worth the $75 but if handy you could do yourself
Old 07-23-2023, 07:02 AM

We have tilt out and love it. No hinge line blocking our view, and never have to get out to open/close window. We golf all the time and cart is just as cool er hot as fold out carts. Also range finder works right thru window. Ours it tinted as every other one I’ve driven in so far seems to be. Not really much of a tint. We would replace our window with exact same. I also added a manual windshield wiper to ours, works great.
Old 07-23-2023, 07:08 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davefin View Post
I prefer the fold down windshield. Had my cart for ten years now and have never been hit by a bug as stated in another reply to this post. I do have smoke tinted plexiglass sun visors that I sometimes use to control the airflow when driving. Works great!
I don't understand how you have never had a bug hit you, unless you're not here during love bug season. During that time, zero chance that a number of bugs don't come through the front.
Old 07-23-2023, 07:15 AM

Fold Down for sure and there is a guy that sells Screens for them and there are perfect not too windy but enough to cool you off and no bugs in the mouth.

1. Tinted or Clear?
2. Fold down?
4. Impact modified?
5. Solid, tinted, impact modified, sliding vents?[/QUOTE]
Old 07-23-2023, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcsnave View Post
Looking for your thoughts on a Windshield for a 2022 Yamaha Drive 2 Quietech

1. Tinted or Clear?
2. Fold down?
4. Impact modified?
Tinted for sure. We went with tinted, fold down and the sliding vents. There will be times you’ll want the windshield up and the vents open.
Old 07-23-2023, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolBrews View Post
I don't understand how you have never had a bug hit you, unless you're not here during love bug season. During that time, zero chance that a number of bugs don't come through the front.
I’ve never had a bug in my face and always have my windshield folded down.
Old 07-23-2023, 07:20 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RON S View Post
Fold Down for sure and there is a guy that sells Screens for them and there are perfect not too windy but enough to cool you off and no bugs in the mouth.

1. Tinted or Clear?
2. Fold down?
4. Impact modified?
[/QUOTE]

Ohhh, Where is the guy who sells screens? Thank you though I’ve never gotten a bug in the face, I’m sure the time will come.
Old 07-23-2023, 07:20 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimkerr View Post
I’ve never had a bug in my face and always have my windshield folded down.
Same here but I wouldn’t mind a screen
Old 07-23-2023, 10:18 AM
Default RAIN dripping inside horribly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdeikenberry View Post
...All of them allow rain to enter when driving during rain.
Very true! I purchased my own windshield and installed it on my Drive2. When it rained, it was annoying having water all over the inside console and items we had sitting there (like a phone).

I purchased a roll of 2" clear marine duty (heat and water proof) tape from Ace Hardware and put a strip on the outside of the window to cover the opening. Works PERFECTLY to stop the water intrusion and it can still fold down just as it was designed. I also put my own weatherstripping in along the bottom to keep the water (and cold air in winter) from entering. I have a lot of weatherstrip left over, btw.

Hope that helps.
Closed Thread

Tags
yamaha, sliding, vents, tinted, impact

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.