Yes! Another Golf Cart Question:

Closed Thread
Old 06-09-2022, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-2-56 View Post
I have 5 reasons why I would not buy one of those.
1- They are made 100% in China.
2- They are completely made in China!
3- They are manufactured in China.
4- They are 100% made in China.
5- They are made in China. Yes the dealer will tell you that they are assembled in Orlando or Ocala, big deal, they put the wheels on and the roof with enclosure and say that final assembly was in USA, BS!
6- for your information, the Star cart that the Villages sells are 100% Chinese as well, Star is the largest EV manufacturer in that world domination Communist state.
Actually they are designed and assembled in Chino, California using some components made in China and some made elsewhere including the U.S.
Old 06-09-2022, 01:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
How is an electric cart set to go faster than 20 MPH? I have an electric Yamaha with a top speed of 20 MPH on flat land and would like it to go 24 MPH too.
I fail to understand WHY a retired person would be so keen to go 4 MPH faster? Why NOT be satisfied with 20MPH? The point of owning an electric golf cart isn't to race your neighbor to happy hour. The point is that the electric cart is NOT polluting the air around you and NOT being responsible for the heat waves around the US that are starting earlier in the summer. Also, electric carts are quieter and should last longer than the piston banging gas carts.
.........Better to be satisfied and happy about the Great things that electric golf carts offer and being on the leading edge of positive social change!
Old 06-09-2022, 01:38 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevillages2013 View Post
Hell to the yes x 2. There are freaking E-bikes going 25 in the damn golf cart lane. Rules are for the tourists
Not sure WHY anyone would complain about an Ebike? Because they are not using gasoline, from economics, they are keeping down the DEMAND for gasoline and thus the price. Everyone wants cheaper gasoline!
Old 06-09-2022, 01:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjobob View Post
Wish Yamaha would come out with a new body design , new models look old now .
All golf carts look the same to me. They get you from A to B. They are NOT rolling Picasso paintings!
Old 06-09-2022, 01:58 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNorth View Post
Fact: If you own a golf car that is capable of going over 20mph and is not registered as a LSV, you have an unregistered motor vehicle. If somebody crashes into you and the cops are called, you will get a ticket for operating an unregistered motor vehicle. Prepare for your court date on a felony charge and get ready to pay around $255, plus the expense of having your cart set back to 20mph. There is a reason for limiting carts to 20mph. Above that, they are unstable, and much more likely to flip over during an emergency situation. They are designed to carry your bag around a golf course.
Good post! I agree!
Old 06-09-2022, 02:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
How is an electric cart set to go faster than 20 MPH? I have an electric Yamaha with a top speed of 20 MPH on flat land and would like it to go 24 MPH too.
I seem to notice a greater "need for speed" for golf carts, cars, trucks, and commercial vehicles during and after the Pandemic - also more taking-chances-type of dangerous driving.
Old 06-09-2022, 04:25 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,132 Times in 812 Posts

Price wise, I think golfcarts in general are a joke when you consider how their made.
For $18 to $20 thousand, it better have power steering, a radio, much better suspension, and comfortable seats.
Old 06-11-2022, 03:09 PM
Location: Hunsville, AL/Pittsford,NY/Bedford, NH/Castle Rock, CO, Lawndale&Ft MacArthur,CA/Alexandria,VA etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyKat View Post
Evolution carts. Seem to get more for the money. What's the catch, if any? Rougher ride, cheap parts, etc..? Yamaha looks nice, as do others with lithium batteries. But $14,000 for an adult toy? Too much. Real life opinion please.
I
I've had mine for year and love it. No issues.
Great cart and love the lithium batteries. My wife really likes it.
Would buy again. Real person in Hemingway.
Old 06-11-2022, 04:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,089 Times in 2,750 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
All golf carts look the same to me. They get you from A to B. They are NOT rolling Picasso paintings!
Really, you think a traditional golf cart like a Yamaha quiet tech looks the same as one of those Atomics that looks like a smart car, or a yesteryear cart looks like a Polaris Gem? They all look very different to me.
Old 06-11-2022, 06:23 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Anyone notice the "Axis" golf carts Lowes is selling.
Are they any good?
Old 06-12-2022, 07:42 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael G. View Post
Anyone notice the "Axis" golf carts Lowes is selling.
Are they any good?
Interesting, but I don't think Lowes is offering test drives or warranty service. Doesn't state what kind of batteries.
3 left at Trailwinds.

Access Denied
Old 06-12-2022, 10:28 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilyclub View Post
Interesting, but I don't think Lowes is offering test drives or warranty service. Doesn't state what kind of batteries.
3 left at Trailwinds.

Access Denied
Maybe there's a dealership agreement for service and warranty for Lowes products
like the mowers etc.
Old 06-12-2022, 08:29 PM

I bought mine at Luxus Golf Carts (when they were still Luxus and sold EVolutions) on 441 in Leesburg. It does 25. Was told all EVolution carts come from the factory set at 25 mph max speed (non LSV). The new dealer, Villages Discount Golf Cars, will reduce the max speed to 20 if they do work on your cart. If you tell them you bought at Luxus, they leave it as is. There is a dealer in Ocala that also leaves the 25 mph set. Legal? Technically not. However, the fact is there are countless golf carts in TV that exceed the 20 mph legal limit.
Old 06-12-2022, 09:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,942 Times in 2,461 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
Not sure WHY anyone would complain about an Ebike? Because they are not using gasoline, from economics, they are keeping down the DEMAND for gasoline and thus the price. Everyone wants cheaper gasoline!
So electricity free, wow.

Ebikes same as 49cc scooters, electric scooter. When they can approach 40 MPH IMO need to be licensed and insured for street. Going up hill in my golf cart at 20MPH here come EBike passing me at 30 plus. IMO ebikes and LSV street only, no MMPs.
Old 06-12-2022, 09:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,942 Times in 2,461 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNorth View Post
Fact: If you own a golf car that is capable of going over 20mph and is not registered as a LSV, you have an unregistered motor vehicle. If somebody crashes into you and the cops are called, you will get a ticket for operating an unregistered motor vehicle. Prepare for your court date on a felony charge and get ready to pay around $255, plus the expense of having your cart set back to 20mph. There is a reason for limiting carts to 20mph. Above that, they are unstable, and much more likely to flip over during an emergency situation. They are designed to carry your bag around a golf course.
So what is LSV that can go over 25MPH which majority do? Nobody get LSV to just go 5 mph faster than regular golf cart.
Closed Thread

Tags
nice, lithium, batteries, yamaha, $14, 000

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.