You won a what?

Closed Thread
Old 04-08-2014, 04:52 PM
Sage
Default You won a what?

I do not have enough details yet to post this in Items for Sale, nor do I know the cart will be for sale. I start this thread to see if anyone is in the market for an 2001 electric Club Car.

Here is the background. Someone close to me has won a refurbished golf cart in a raffle and asked me for some advice. As far as I can tell, my qualifications are they know me and I have a multi meter. They are pretty sure they will not need the cart unless it has some special features that theirs does not have. They would rather sell it, take some money for themselves to cover any potential tax liability and give the rest to the charity who sponsored the raffle.

Here is where I get sketchy on facts which I will fill in tomorrow AM when I go through the cart. What I know is it is a 2001 electric Club Car with 6-8v batteries, refurbished in ????. The batteries are two years old (do not even know type). As described the cart has the things I would expect on any cart ready for The Villages, e.g., cooler, sand bottles, Sunbrella enclosure, etc.

There is a sign on the cart that says $2995. Certainly too high a price based on the facts I have IMO.

If the cart is in good condition and mostly stock, I would say its value in a private sale is in the range of $1900 – $2300. I need to see if there are any components in the cart that would drive that guess up or down.

Why am I posting this?

I am wondering if anyone is in the market for an 2001 electric Club Car for about $2000. Of course I understand there are many facts missing, but will keep in mind if someone needs a cart as I go through it.

If there is no interest out here and the cart is pretty stock, I suspect they will take an offer from the dealer and not have to deal with it. My guess if they have a few days to decide.

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida
Old 04-09-2014, 07:34 AM
Sage
Default Bump me up

Lets bring this thread to the top over coffee. I am headed over to see cart today. If you think you may have an interest in what looks to be a solid cart let me know.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.