Aggressive dog at Doggie Doo Run Run.

Closed Thread
Old 04-11-2016, 08:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

I have been going a few other places than Doggie Doo Run Run with Beau of late. It is nice to see the smiles I get from some people. Beau seems to be popular.

There was even a Dalmatian that looked a little bit like Ashes our pet from around 1973-1990 or thereabouts. Her picture is in the post above. I do like seeing Dalmatians but know each one has a different personality.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 04-11-2016 at 01:20 PM.
Old 04-11-2016, 01:25 PM
Sage

Nice quite morning at Doggie Doo Run Run today.

My friend Whit told me a funny story Saturday and it is a scene from a Peter Sellers' movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iguu-rAdAI4

There are pooches here in the Villages that I would not dare trying to pet and it is usually smaller dogs which will bite. Of course, the bigger dogs can do a whole lot more damage than the smaller ones.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 04-11-2016 at 01:33 PM.
Old 04-13-2016, 06:23 AM
Sage

Doggie Doo Run Run seems to be back to the well run place it has been the more than nine years I have been going there. Not sure what happened with the problem with Harlow. If anyone has any reliable information send me a private message. Just want to re-iterate that I never had any problem with Jade the pit bull mix nor with her nice owner.
Old 04-14-2016, 08:11 AM
Sage

https://www.cesarsway.com/dog-behavi...ing-aggression

This looks like a good article on dog aggression by Cesar Milan.

And something else by Robin Tierney.

Dog Tip: Aggression, Growling, Lunging at Dogs and People Outdoors
Old 04-14-2016, 11:50 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
https://www.cesarsway.com/dog-behavi...ing-aggression

This looks like a good article on dog aggression by Cesar Milan.

And something else by Robin Tierney.

Dog Tip: Aggression, Growling, Lunging at Dogs and People Outdoors
Harlow was back to Doggie Doo Run Run today. Did not seem to have any problems with anyone. If the owner can keep the dog under control I would not have a problem with it.

I did keep my distance though from Harlow and the owner of the dog.
Old 04-21-2016, 03:02 PM
Sage

No problems at Doggie Doo Run Run over the last week. I just avoid Harlow.

There was a dog today that was quite excited by the golf balls in my pocket. I just carry these for defense. I have heard they use them out West to scare off coyotes by tossing them at them. Actually it is Chicago. Geneva Adopts Plan to "Haze" Coyotes | NBC Chicago At night, I often carry some too in case a coyote or other critter comes after Beau. I stay away from the ponds as I doubt if they would work all that well with an alligator or anything else with a very tough exterior.

How to haze a coyote (without being mean) | MNN - Mother Nature Network

I think I would try other things before throwing the golf balls at the coyote like blowing the whistle I usually carry as well as yelling and just acting like a crazy human as the above linked article suggests.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 04-21-2016 at 03:59 PM.
Old 04-22-2016, 06:02 AM
Platinum member
Default Responsibility

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcaligirl View Post
You are definitely not the problem! I've been attacked by a dog before at a dog park in Californis so I fully understand what you're saying! An aggressive dog should NOT be allowed at a dog park! Unfortunately since I've been attacked and since my dog has also been attacked, we won't even go to dog parks anymore. Our neighbors dog was attacked at Mulberry Dog park.
Dog owner and the park operator should be held accountable for any injuries.
Old 04-22-2016, 06:46 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jima64 View Post
Dog owner and the park operator should be held accountable for any injuries.
They probably have insurance to cover injuries and lawsuits coming out of them.

I would think that injury to a man's or woman's private parts by a dog known to be protective of its owner as well as aggressive would be quite a high judgment in settlement or by the jury. The management of dog bite injuries of genitalia in paediatric age Bertozzi M, Appignani A - Afr J Paediatr Surg

My former pooch was bitten in the butt quite deeply by a dog named Jesse James in the Summer of 2007 at Doggie Doo Run Run. The owners had adopted recently Jesse James and were mortified when Jesse James and their other pooch mistook Sport for a rabbit. Jesse James was the dog who bit him though. The owners of the dog were honest and offered to pay the vet bill but we declined as it was not much and the dogs were banned form Doggie Doo Run Run. They were about five dogs who were running at Sport but Jesse James and his companion were the ones in the lead of the pack.

I quit going into the big dog section as well as the back field for about six months with Sport but he wanted to go back there so I eventually started going back to the back field and the big dog section.

By-in-large the owners of Doggie Doo Run Run do a good job of booting the aggressive and protective dogs out but from talking to people it sounds like they actually need to cause injury of some kind before they are kicked out of the dog park like Jesse James.

A late friend of mine from Doggie Doo Run Run -- Bill Davis-- spoke to the owner of Jesse James-- a waitress at the Cracker Barrel on 441/27 near Lady Lake-- who still felt quite bad about the attack of Sport. This was around 2007 however.

Back to the Harlow April 1, 2016 problem. One of the women at the picnic table did tell Harlow that you do not have to be protective of us when Harlow was acting like he was going to attack me when only a foot or so from my waist and barking loudly and angrily.

I do know when a dog is becoming defensive of its owner. I was very disappointed when the woman I know and like did not stand up for me by having her friend leash and take the dog Harlow out of the park when it was acting like that. It is mostly up to the dog's owner to get control of the dog and get it out of situations quickly where it might cause harm especially if it is threatening possible injury to a man's privates which could be fatal depending on the severity of the injury and how quickly an ambulance can get to the place where the attack happened.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 04-22-2016 at 07:31 AM.
Old 04-22-2016, 08:29 AM
Soaring Eagle member

You're obsessing. Let it go. You have 5 acres from which to choose. Pick out one that doesn't have the aggressive dog.
Old 04-22-2016, 08:46 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
You're obsessing. Let it go. You have 5 acres from which to choose. Pick out one that doesn't have the aggressive dog.
I have been doing that when Harlow is there. I do believe that if Harlow acts that way around me, he/she will also do the same around other men who may not know better than to keep their distance from Harlow.

Harlow has barked aggressively at other people even one of the pooper scoopers. Its owner is friendly with people and says she is in control of Harlow. It only takes one instance when Harlow is not reigned in.

I do not worry about the small dogs that are sometimes aggressive as they seldom do much damage but a protective aggressive dog whose jaws are at hip level to most men does upset me.
Closed Thread

Tags
run, dog, doo, harlow, doggie, park, owner, women, wanted, aggressive, pit, bull, jade, warn, kind, time, behavior, problem, happened, lap, 4/1/2016, harlows, barking, talks, stick

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.