Aggressive dog at Doggie Doo Run Run.

Closed Thread
Old 04-04-2016, 12:22 PM

Any dog showing aggression, for any reason, should not be at a dog park, and their owner should get that. It's not usually the dog's fault, either, that it's aggressive. The owner hasn't properly socialized the dog, and the public certainly should not pay for their ignorance.

This is my signature.
Old 04-04-2016, 04:32 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,093 Times in 550 Posts

I was curious about the dog park so I googled it and found these reviews..... seems the place is very unfriendly to newbies..... and according to the bottom review the owners do nothing about aggressive dogs.... Doggie Doo Run Run
Old 04-04-2016, 09:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,371 Times in 2,087 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstreamingypsy View Post
I was curious about the dog park so I googled it and found these reviews..... seems the place is very unfriendly to newbies..... and according to the bottom review the owners do nothing about aggressive dogs.... Doggie Doo Run Run
There are a lot of very long term customers at Doggie Doo Run Run. They also socialize with one another but will warm up to people if you make an effort. There are different groups that tend to come about the same time and chat often under the various tents. Then there are people who just walk around the park for exercise for the most part. I have done both in the nine years I have been going to Doggie Doo Run Run.

As to aggressive dogs it really varies as to what they allow. It seems to depend somewhat on what complaints have been made against certain dogs and by whom. I do find Laura and Scott though, for the most part, fair. There are some aggressive dogs who have been limited to only coming to the agility area. They do have signs up in various places around the agility area that if that area is in use you should not enter.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 04-05-2016 at 11:30 AM.
Old 04-05-2016, 11:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
We've never experienced any unfriendliness in the nine years we've been taking our dogs to DDRR.
On the contrary, we've met lots of wonderful people who have become friends and golf buddies.
I've been told by people who have voiced concerns to Laura and Scott, the owners, that they are very responsive and investigate all complaints.
Old 04-06-2016, 12:42 AM
Sage

Quote:
You do know the inherent nature of googled reviews of anything I hope.
Old 04-06-2016, 03:19 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
We've never experienced any unfriendliness in the nine years we've been taking our dogs to DDRR.
On the contrary, we've met lots of wonderful people who have become friends and golf buddies.
I've been told by people who have voiced concerns to Laura and Scott, the owners, that they are very responsive and investigate all complaints.
This is my first complaint made about any dog at Doggie Doo Run Run. There are some dogs that play a little rough but usually the dogs and the owners work it out without going to the owners Scott and Laura or to their various employees. Their employees keep a close watch on things though.

You should give DDRR a try as Barefoot wrote is a a wonderful place to take your dog. You do have to keep an eye on the new dogs coming in and watch out for other things that may be in play which you would have to do pretty much anywhere else as well.
Old 04-07-2016, 07:53 AM
Sage
Default Kirby and Doggie Doo Run Run.

https://youtu.be/5fE_h84b3ws

This YouTube will give you an idea of Doggie Doo Run Run if you have not been there before.
Old 04-07-2016, 12:09 PM
Sage
Thumbs up Our dogs love DDRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
https://youtu.be/5fE_h84b3ws

This YouTube will give you an idea of Doggie Doo Run Run if you have not been there before.
Nice Tal (and Kirby). That video was taken six years ago.
Since the video, the owners have added a pool for dogs which is fenced and covered.
More of a soaking pool than a swimming pool, but dogs seem to love it.

Our dogs beg to go to DDRR daily - it means the world to them. And we're happy to oblige.
It's a great place, the staff is congenial, and we've made many friends there.
Old 04-07-2016, 12:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Since the video, the owners have added a pool for dogs which is fenced and covered.

Our dogs beg to go to DDRR daily - it means the world to them. And we're happy to oblige.
That was a very nice Doberman Pinscher from six years ago. I believe she/he passed a while back but remember the dog fondly. A lot of smaller dogs did chase it around. I do not remember its name.

I go there almost every day too unless Beau is not feeling well or I am or we have some kind of appointment.
Old 04-07-2016, 01:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,943 Times in 796 Posts

Quote:

Perhaps a bit small for some breeds! But all some big lugs need are a bit of water and a tennis ball.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	DDRR.jpg
Views:	447
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	59006  
Old 04-07-2016, 02:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Perhaps a bit small for some breeds! But all some big lugs need are a bit of water and a tennis ball.
Crosby loves to soak in the pool. I wish his mom would take him to DDRR more often.
Old 04-07-2016, 02:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,943 Times in 796 Posts

Quote:
Crosby loves to soak in the pool. I wish his mom would take him to DDRR more often.
You wanna pay for the next surgery??
Old 04-07-2016, 02:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
You wanna pay for the next surgery??
No, I don't wanna pay for the next surgery, the last one cost a fortune! $$$$$
Old 04-07-2016, 03:32 PM
Sage

Missed Doggie Doo Run Run today because of the need to make sure I got some of Beau's poop for his annual check-up at Buffalo Ridge Animal Hospital. He had fun at the vet except for the exam which he gets very nervous about. Friendly people there at Buffalo Ridge.

Beau sometimes eats his poop before I can get it at DDRR so I had to make sure he was on a long leashed walk so that I could get the poop for the fecal exam for heart worms.

I forgot to ask the vet about dogs eating poop but from the research I have done there is not a whole lot that can be done about it except for what I have already tried like sprinkling Adolph's Meat Tenderizer on his food. A trick I got from a lady at DDRR who used to work for some vet offices up in CT. Jon Snow lives!!!
Old 04-07-2016, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Missed Doggie Doo Run Run today because of the need to make sure I got some of Beau's poop for his annual check-up at Buffalo Ridge Animal Hospital. He had fun at the vet except for the exam which he gets very nervous about. Friendly people there at Buffalo Ridge.

Beau sometimes eats his poop before I can get it at DDRR so I had to make sure he was on a long leashed walk so that I could get the poop for the fecal exam for heart worms.

I forgot to ask the vet about dogs eating poop but from the research I have done there is not a whole lot that can be done about it except for what I have already tried like sprinkling Adolph's Meat Tenderizer on his food. A trick I got from a lady at DDRR who used to work for some vet offices up in CT. Jon Snow lives!!!
A vet told me years ago regarding a pup we rescued from a puppy mill, that many believe it's engrained in them as a way to prevent predators from tracking them or, in the case of a mama pup, to remove traces of her puppies for their safety from predators, she also eats their's. Survival of the fittest, but EWWWWWW!

This is my signature.
Closed Thread

Tags
run, dog, doo, harlow, doggie, park, owner, women, wanted, aggressive, pit, bull, jade, warn, kind, time, behavior, problem, happened, lap, 4/1/2016, harlows, barking, talks, stick

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.