Anybody own a Saluki?

Old 03-18-2024, 09:20 AM
Sage
Default Anybody own a Saluki?

This morning on WVLG, John Rohan asked for anybody who owns a Saluki to contact the Recreation Department. From districtgov.org, District Administration: 352-751-3939 District@DistrictGov.org

If you belong to a dog/pet social media group specific to TV, please spread the word. Since I am not a pet owner, I'm not familiar with these groups.

The Saluki Recreation Center is being built in the Village of Shady Brook. The name was chosen because the Saluki is one of the earliest dog breeds, dating back to 3600 B.C.

The recreation center will celebrate ALL dog breeds. The Villages - Saluki Recreation Design Inspiration

The Saluki is also the mascot for my alma mater, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale IL.
Southern Illinois University, Carbondale
What Is A Saluki?
Old 03-18-2024, 09:50 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
This morning on WVLG, John Rohan asked for anybody who owns a Saluki to contact the Recreation Department. From districtgov.org, District Administration: 352-751-3939 District@DistrictGov.org

If you belong to a dog/pet social media group specific to TV, please spread the word. Since I am not a pet owner, I'm not familiar with these groups.

The Saluki Recreation Center is being built in the Village of Shady Brook. The name was chosen because the Saluki is one of the earliest dog breeds, dating back to 3600 B.C.

The recreation center will celebrate ALL dog breeds. The Villages - Saluki Recreation Design Inspiration

The Saluki is also the mascot for my alma mater, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale IL.
Southern Illinois University, Carbondale
What Is A Saluki?
I wanted to bump this, as I am a fellow Saluki! I was a Saluki cheerleader from 1995-1999, as well! Go Dawgs! I hope you locate a Saluki for the new rec center!!!
Take care,
Lisa
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-03-18 at 10.49.37 AM.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	103387  
Old 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

I have a Toyota. Does that help ?
Old 03-18-2024, 05:26 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,091 Times in 298 Posts

I'm an Southern Illinois alumni, so I guess you could say my wife owns a "Saluki". Personally, I've never seen an example of what the dog looks like (or the campus, for that matter), and I have no idea why the school with the remote military program that I graduated from while serving at a remote Air Force base, claims some obscure breed of dog as their mascot. I'm even more mystified how they always seem to track me down, despite the fact that I've never sent them a dime that didn't come from the GI Bill. Must be those Saluki dogs!
Old 03-19-2024, 04:03 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueblaze View Post
I'm an Southern Illinois alumni, so I guess you could say my wife owns a "Saluki". Personally, I've never seen an example of what the dog looks like (or the campus, for that matter), and I have no idea why the school with the remote military program that I graduated from while serving at a remote Air Force base, claims some obscure breed of dog as their mascot. I'm even more mystified how they always seem to track me down, despite the fact that I've never sent them a dime that didn't come from the GI Bill. Must be those Saluki dogs!
Here's a good article regarding the mascot...go Dawgs!
https://siusalukis.com/sports/2016/6...ki-mascot-html

Tags
saluki, recreation, dog, breeds, center

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.