Anyone stay in Tampa near beach with their dog?

Old 02-01-2014, 08:44 AM
Default Anyone stay in Tampa near beach with their dog?

Old 02-01-2014, 08:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,943 Times in 796 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kulare View Post
kulare, are you looking for a dog friendly hotel, or a dog friendly beach?

Old 02-08-2014, 08:54 AM

Both

Old 02-08-2014, 09:10 PM

Google pet friendly fl. Beaches. There are some great sites

Old 02-08-2014, 09:33 PM
Sage

Try this. Dog Friendly Beaches in Tampa, FL, US

I don't know how far away from Tampa your scope is, but there are two places to take your dog swimming around the Bradenton/Anna Maria Island area. One is a causeway between the island and mainland (off leash swimming here), and the other is DeSoto National Memorial Park on the Manatee River (clean, saltwater), where dogs must be leashed but you can have a long line and let them swim. This is on the Bradenton side (mainland). I liked this the best because there is no auto traffic around, as opposed to the causeway.

I also understood that there was off-leash swimming available at one end of one of the Tampa Bay bridges. We haven't been to that, so not sure where it is.

Old 02-08-2014, 09:38 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post

I don't know how far away from Tampa your scope is, but there are two places to take your dog swimming around the Bradenton/Anna Maria Island area. One is a causeway between the island and mainland (off leash swimming here), and the other is DeSoto National Memorial Park on the Manatee River (clean, saltwater), where dogs must be leashed but you can have a long line and let them swim. This is on the Bradenton side (mainland). I liked this the best because there is no auto traffic around, as opposed to the causeway.

I also understood that there was off-leash swimming available at one end of one of the Tampa Bay bridges. We haven't been to that, so not sure where it is.
We very much like La Quinta Inns for staying overnight with two dogs, no additional fee for the two dogs. I've heard from friends that DeSota Beach is amazing for dogs. Please let us know how you make out.

Old 02-08-2014, 09:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
We very much like La Quinta Inns for staying overnight with two dogs, no additional fee for the two dogs. I've heard from friends that DeSota Beach is amazing for dogs. Please let us know how you make out.
Yes, DeSoto Beach is so nice. Even though it's on the Manatee River, this is really more like a bay than a river, and it's pristine. We would take a 25-foot line and a tennis ball. The park rangers don't mind as long as the dog is on the line.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.