Bernedoodles

Closed Thread
Old 12-25-2022, 08:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,277 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shut the front door View Post
Just say no to buying doodles. There is NOT ONE single ethical doodle breeder. Zip, zilch, zero. They are not hypoallergenic. They shed. They have intense grooming needs. They are often crosses of dogs with VERY different body structures and temperaments. You don’t lessen your chances of your golden mix developing cancer, you’ve just increased your chances of your poodle mix developing it. Your Poodle/Pyrenees cross doesn’t know if they should hunt the birds or protect them. Poodle brains are a thing of beauty. Quit ruining them. Please stop doodling EVERYTHING.
If you want a mixed breed dog of unknown size, temperament or background history, adopt a shelter puppy! If you want an ethically bred, purebred dog- then research your breeder and find the right dog for you.
Source: Saving Grace Animal Rescue of Maryland
I respectfully disagree. We have had two Schnoodles and I had/have ZERO allergy issues with either of them. NEITHER of them shed... And they were and are ridiculously smart...

Or neighbors had a goldendoodle that also caused ZERO allergy issues, yet a golden retriever (or any other Labrador) will cause my eyes to start itching and me to start sneezing...

Genetic testing or not, waaaay too many purebreds have developed significant health issues due to overbreeding. Hip problems, cancers, etc...

I will agree that the "doodles" are "designer mutts". But what's wrong with that?

-Tom Petty
Old 12-25-2022, 11:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,021 Times in 1,747 Posts

Historically, dogs were bred for specific purposes, now these breeds are called “purebred”. Well, today they are breeding for different purposes (eg these doodle mixes) and these types of dogs are going to be called “purebred” when they get registered at the American Kennel Club. I find it interesting that some people want so badly for time to stand still.
Old 12-26-2022, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
I have been around some very nice Pits. Actually, I owned ad Dog Camp in VT where you went on vacation with your dog. We had several cases of dogs biting, chihuahuas and jack russell terriers. Never a Pit.
I've yet to meet a chihuahua that was not certifiably psycho.
Old 12-26-2022, 08:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,277 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koapaka View Post
I've yet to meet a chihuahua that was not certifiably psycho.

Truth!

-Tom Petty

Last edited by JMintzer; 12-26-2022 at 09:03 AM.
Old 12-26-2022, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulcimer View Post
I saw there was a post on Nextdoor about Bernedoodles. We are on the waitlist with the breeders in Summerfield, for sometime in February. It would be great to get a group going. Sounds like we will have our hands full for a while!
"just a tip and perhaps you already know such" it is my understanding that Bernese side of the breed must be the female.

Last edited by HandyGrandpap; 12-26-2022 at 11:29 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
bernedoodles, post, full, hands, sounds

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.