Best Dog food

Closed Thread
Old 07-18-2015, 06:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marianne237 View Post
Both of our rescue dogs stunk and had the worst furs until we started them on Chicken Soup for the Dog dry food. Both loved it and after a short time, the most notable sign was a good breath and cleaner teeth. Before too long, the furs on both (a toy poodle and a terrier) became soft and no shedding on the terrier. We also noticed sleep patterns and the "outside trips" didn't cause problems any longer.
All in all, we feel the "holistic" rather than commercial products improved their health and personalities. We still purchase dog food from the pet store in the strip mall behind CVS off 466.
I love that our 86-lb dog poops little cigars. It proves that the quality of what goes in determines the quantity of what comes out. There is so little waste in our dog's kibble, Nature's Logic, suggested by your same pet food store. Garbage in = garbage out and vice versa.
Old 07-18-2015, 07:10 PM
Platinum member

Cfrance.....any idea. Other than paws for a while, where I might find nature's logic. Need some asap.
Old 07-18-2015, 07:11 PM
Platinum member
Default grain free for ours

Our two Lhasa apsas have been grain free about three years now with good results on their coats. I do add fish oil in the mornings.
Old 07-18-2015, 07:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryann View Post
Cfrance.....any idea. Other than paws for a while, where I might find nature's logic. Need some asap.
It doesn't look like Nature's Logic is widely sold.

From google store locators:

My Natural Pet, Inc.
1208 County Road Dunedin, FL, 34698
Phone:727-736-0717
Old 07-18-2015, 07:24 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
It doesn't look like Nature's Logic is widely sold.

From google store locators:

My Natural Pet, Inc.
1208 County Road Dunedin, FL, 34698
Phone:727-736-0717
Thanks Barefoot. Something wrong with the site. I tried earlier. At first says 18 miles away. Then when getting directions, says 2 hours away. Couldn't get through earlier either.
Old 07-18-2015, 07:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Thanks Barefoot. Something wrong with the site. I tried earlier. At first says 18 miles away. Then when getting directions, says 2 hours away. Couldn't get through earlier either.
Gerryann, it may be old information and the store may be out of business.
Isn't there a "natural" pet food store in Spanish Springs that sells specialty dog foods?
Old 07-18-2015, 08:02 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Gerryann, it may be old information and the store may be out of business.
Isn't there a "natural" pet food store in Spanish Springs that sells specialty dog foods?
I called. They don't carry it. Bummer. Guess I'll have to give her rice till I can get the food on Monday. Next time I'll be more careful.
Old 07-18-2015, 08:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Nature's Logic is available in the pet food store behind CVS on 466. (I can never remember the name.) Other than that, it's available online at wag.com, chewy.com, petfooddirect.com, dogfooddirect.com, amazon.com.

I have a big dog, so I order the larger size online, and it ships free. Thus other than the aforementioned pet food store behind CVS, I'm not sure if another local store that sells it. But I'm sure you could get the same good results with Merrick or Origen. Most grain-free pet foods don't have a lot of "waste" ingredients. I happen to like Nature's Logic because it has no manufactured supplements in it, thus nothing that could be manufactured by China and legally not listed in the ingredients list. All vitamins in Nature's Logic comes from the food it is made from. (Sorry, Bare... "comes from the food from which it is made")
Old 07-18-2015, 08:08 PM
Sage

We have a dog that will eat a food for awhile and stop. We thought he was going to starve until we found the answer for him... We make his food. It's not hard and he had eaten it and loved it for a couple of years now.

We no longer have to worry about recalls or him getting sick from tainted food. And he is healthy again.

As to wet over dry....

Canned or Dry Dog Food - What's the Better Choice?
Old 07-18-2015, 08:27 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Nature's Logic is available in the pet food store behind CVS on 466. (I can never remember the name.) Other than that, it's available online at wag.com, chewy.com, petfooddirect.com, dogfooddirect.com, amazon.com.

I have a big dog, so I order the larger size online, and it ships free. Thus other than the aforementioned pet food store behind CVS, I'm not sure if another local store that sells it. But I'm sure you could get the same good results with Merrick or Origen. Most grain-free pet foods don't have a lot of "waste" ingredients. I happen to like Nature's Logic because it has no manufactured supplements in it, thus nothing that could be manufactured by China and legally not listed in the ingredients list. All vitamins in Nature's Logic comes from the food it is made from. (Sorry, Bare... "comes from the food from which it is made")
Thanks, yes Gilda loves the lamb. I get it at the store you're referring to...(Paws For A While) I just lost track of time today and thinking that they closed at 5:00, I got there and found that they are now closing at 4:00 and closed tomorrow....so, out of luck till Monday. She'll survive and I just have to get a little better organized so she doesn't run out again.
Old 07-18-2015, 08:33 PM

Hello,
We have two Yorkies and feed them Fromm . They like it but they r very spoiled and I hand feed them! I switch off between two flavors surf and turf and chicken a la veg.
Old 07-18-2015, 08:39 PM
Platinum member

I'll bet they like the hand feeding.
Old 07-18-2015, 08:47 PM

Yes G they do. This happens to be my first post on TOTV. My husband and I just bought a CYV and am very excited to be a part of TV. We currently live in NJ and will be driving down in August for a month to get things settled. We actually bought this unit because of the fenced yard. The girls love their yard so this villa style was the perfect place.
Old 07-18-2015, 08:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bklynteach View Post
Yes G they do. This happens to be my first post on TOTV. My husband and I just bought a CYV and am very excited to be a part of TV. We currently live in NJ and will be driving down in August for a month to get things settled. We actually bought this unit because of the fenced yard. The girls love their yard so this villa style was the perfect place.
Welcome to you and the girls!
Old 07-18-2015, 09:06 PM

Thank u! A quick question if u don't mind. We don't have any cable yet and will only be in TV for a few weeks every few months. Can u Recc a cable company that will allow us to turn on and off several times a year? We also need internet service. I apologize in advance if I'm not suppose to ask questions in this thread.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.