BIG Dog Grooming

Closed Thread
Old 08-27-2023, 04:19 PM
Smile BIG Dog Grooming

We are full-time Villagers. We adopted an Australian Shepherd/Collie (81 lbs) 5 years ago from the Animal League in Groveland. She is a well-managed, well-trained social dog that seems to like everybody and almost all dogs unless they are aggressive to her.
Grooming. In the 5 1/2 yrs we've had her, we are on our 3rd groomer. The 1st groomer (most popular in the Villages) would send her home "damp" and tell me. And they were pricey. But NO-ONE wants to groom a big dog. The next groomer kept her for 5 hours. Although the price was reasonable, it was more like she had a day of doggie day care. And it happened again. Done. So now I am onto my 3rd groomer (and I really like her) but she told me she had an "incident" during our grooming last week where she tried to jump off the grooming table and attempted to bite her when she was trimming her paws. She (the groomer) said she has never had any problem in the past 2 yrs of my bringing her there. I scheduled her next appointment for 6 weeks and I will see if there is an "issue". In the meantime I am looking for recommendations for a groomer that will accept big dogs if it comes to that.
I am not looking for a mobile groomer. I realize they do not do big dogs and I have no problem taking her to a salon. Just in case we are asked not to come back. P.S. I would NEVER muzzle her for a grooming.
Thank you all.
Closed Thread

Tags
groomer, grooming, big, dog, dogs

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.