Border Collies

Closed Thread
Old 01-03-2011, 12:00 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany
Default Border Collies

All dogs are awsome, but this particular girl and her owner are spectacular! Watch:

http://www.dogwork.com/bca6/
Old 01-03-2011, 06:39 AM
Veteran member

Whoever said border collies don't make good pets because they need to be working? This lovely girl seems perfectly happy herding snowflakes
Old 01-03-2011, 08:48 AM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9-Lovers View Post
All dogs are awsome, but this particular girl and her owner are spectacular! Watch:

I am glad my mutt does not have that kind of energy, I could not keep up. Talk about bouncing off the walls.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Because of our work that made both of us frequent travelers for a lot of our life we have had only two dogs; Kissinger and Shaggydog. Shaggy was a Border Collie. That boy was almost as smart as Sweetie.

And I loved him almost as much!

They are awesome dogs, Border Collies!
Old 01-03-2011, 09:57 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9-Lovers View Post

There was on scene about one-third the way through the video where I said to myself "Boy, this dog could have been the star of "Phantom of the Opera!?
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 01-03-2011, 10:30 AM
Veteran member

I love dogs. Taltarzac makes a good point that there are pros and cons for every breed, and for some people the pro is a con and vice versa. Here is my contribution.
I am a Beagle man. I have had 4 beagles, two were mixed and the last two Pure breads. Current one is the smaller version, and easily the best one of all time.
Beagles are top dog.. ( for me). Here is why.
They are smart, independent minded but choose to love me, LOVE to walk and hunt, are very loyal in the house but you have to keep them on leash because their nose rules their head.
Most of all, they are the BEST with kids, and OLD people, and I am a little of both.
JJ
Old 01-03-2011, 11:05 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblum8156 View Post
Whoever said border collies don't make good pets because they need to be working? This lovely girl seems perfectly happy herding snowflakes
I have a friend in England who is a Ranger for The National Trust on a large tract of land. He used to have a border collie that he used working sheep. She was also a devoted pet. She passed away a couple of years ago.

Were I to have a dog it would be a border collie. However, I feel they need a lot of room and activity and I can provide neither.
Old 01-03-2011, 02:16 PM
Eternal Member

We have a Border Collie/Collie mix that is probably the favorite dog I have ever had and there have many. She is at the age now that she doesn't run and chase a frisbee or ball but she still loves to go to Doggie Doo and see her friends and play some.

Do not follow where the path may lead.
Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.