Boxer/Lab Mix, Older, In Need of Loving Home

Closed Thread
Old 08-04-2013, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
A question... doesn't the treatment for heartworm involve total rest so the heart doesn't get overtaxed in its weakened state caused by the worms?

I have heard stories of dogs having to be crated for many months to keep them from overexerting themselves during the recovery period.

I could be wrong. Just wondering.
Depends on the age, condition and stage of the infestation. Baby's vet opted to use "slow kill" method of treatment because she is only mildly infected; that is, some prednisone, along with ivermectin/pyrantel pamoate (once a month) for the rest of her life. Baby has never manifested any signs of heartworm disease.

Baby continues to live with me: however, I am moving back to N.E. the end of this month and I am praying that maybe that very special person will find a spot in their heart and home before that time arrives to adopt her. If anyone wishes to see her or visit her at my home, please call 352 633-3169. Thank you so much for continuing to be interested.
Old 08-04-2013, 03:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandiphilli View Post
Depends on the age, condition and stage of the infestation. Baby's vet opted to use "slow kill" method of treatment because she is only mildly infected; that is, some prednisone, along with ivermectin/pyrantel pamoate (once a month) for the rest of her life. Baby has never manifested any signs of heartworm disease.

Baby continues to live with me: however, I am moving back to N.E. the end of this month and I am praying that maybe that very special person will find a spot in their heart and home before that time arrives to adopt her. If anyone wishes to see her or visit her at my home, please call 352 633-3169. Thank you so much for continuing to be interested.
Thanks for the explanation. I hope she finds a home.
Old 08-04-2013, 09:28 PM
Sage

Another bump for Baby!
Old 08-26-2013, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandiphilli View Post
To those who remember Baby, who was found wandering off Rte 475, Summerfield, and has been living with me ever since, the search for a forever home has ended. I am totally in love with her and cannot abide the thought of separating from her. I have sold my home in TV and am returning to New England to care for my sister who is very ill. Fortunately, a friend of mine has offered to care for Baby in TV until I have time to purchase a home and get settled in N.E. and then transport will be arranged for her to catch up to me. Whew, it truly has been journey but oh what a blessing! Thank you all for your support and interest. Goodbye.
Old 08-26-2013, 03:10 PM
Sage

hahaha! I was thinking abt u and Baby yesterday and wondering...
happy trails to you and Baby!
Kitty
Old 08-26-2013, 04:45 PM
Gold member

Wow, that is a great ending to this story. You and Babe were meant to be together - how lucky Babe is to have her forever mom now. Special thanks to you for all the other doggie fosters and hard work you have put into finding forever homes for so many pups - Dog Bless You.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.