Brinson Perry Dog Park complaint

Closed Thread
Old 07-11-2011, 01:07 PM
Default Brinson Perry Dog Park complaint

This park is pitiful. Took my dog there today. There is little grass, mostly mud because it is on a hill and the only flat part gets all the wear. Today the Fire Department was running a few vehicles right next to the large dog area. The exhaust fumes were noxious.
Something must be done to get our dogs and their owners a decent place to use. This park was poorly thought out and surely there is a better site available. What can we as home and dog owners do to remedy the situation.

I would appreciate input from others who use the large dog pen.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:18 PM
Location: Philadelphia PA, North Wildwood NJ, Village of Tamarind Grove - June 2011

I only moved here one month ago but did drive to the Brison Perry dog park (without my two bichons) to check it out. I didn't go in but noticed how hilly it is. I'm not sure if my one bichon who has osteoarthritis could even play there. I would also be interested in what others who have gone there think.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:22 PM
Veteran member

We go to Doggie do run run on CR 101. It cost $25 per month but is well worth it. They have 4 different fenced areas and they do the clean up.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:27 PM
Veteran member

That "dog park" is an embarrasmsnt to The Villages.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,438 Times in 2,428 Posts

I heard they were looking for volunteers to make it better.............
Old 07-11-2011, 02:39 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I agree. Took our full coat/long hair Havanesse to this park when it first opened and she found the mudhole........man what a mess in simply a matter of minutes. Never went back!
Old 07-11-2011, 04:36 PM
Smile dog park

How about artificial turf
Old 07-11-2011, 06:22 PM
Gold member

Yup, the intention is good but the space not adequate at Brinson. While Doo Run Run isn't right in The Villages, well worth it - you can go for the month rate, as mentioned at $25, or daily rate which is $3.00.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:42 PM
Platinum member

I agree that the dog park (especially for large dogs) is totally inadequate but I also understand it took the Responsible Dog Owners group a lot of work to get even that area.
There must be a flat area, unsuitable for building, possibly near or behind a shopping center like Colony Plaza. It could be another Villages fee-based activity.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:35 AM
Smile The other side

We are really lucky to have this park! While I understand that the area may be small for large dogs, it is great for the small dogs. Those of us who use the park regularly love it. There is a low spot that collects water when it rains which probably could be corrected. Of course the grass gets worn away! Have you been to Paradise? It is very hard to maintain grass in shady areas. Most of the small dog side does have grass. We appreciate the efforts of the group that worked so hard to get this park!
Old 07-19-2011, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokbess View Post
We are really lucky to have this park!
I agree ... it works for us ... and I appreciate the efforts of RDOG to make this happen ... yes, it could be improved, but maybe volunteers and RDOG can help with that ... in the meantime, our Jack Russell loves it ...
Old 07-19-2011, 08:08 PM
Location: Philadelphia PA, North Wildwood NJ, Village of Tamarind Grove - June 2011

I have been to the dog park with my two 'girls' for the past two nights and they loved it. I was concerned about the ground being hilly for my one dog who has severe osteoarthritis but she has been doing fine. All the 'little' dogs are absolutely adorable and have such fun interacting with each other. The parents have a great time watching them play too. It is such a treat to have a dog park so close to my new home.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpusX1 View Post
We go to Doggie do run run on CR 101. It cost $25 per month but is well worth it. They have 4 different fenced areas and they do the clean up.
Another vote for Doggie Doo Run Run on CR 101 North of Crispers. About a mile north of CR 466, very close to TV. My dogs love it there. We pay $30 per month for two dogs and they clean up after the dogs. There is a small dog park and a big dog park, and at the back, five acres for romping. All fenced, of course. There are covered areas for owners to sit and socialize.

The large acreage at the back overlooks horse farms and has two hanging swings. A very relaxing, well-maintained dog park.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.