Carol gets a Big December Surprise.

Closed Thread
Old 12-30-2016, 09:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts
Default Carol gets a Big December Surprise.

Yesterday at Doggie Doo Run Run I was visiting with Nancy and Carol on their way out of the dog park when Carol reached for her leash which was hanging from the fence of wooden and metal screen near the entry way. Instead of picking up Jack's leash she almost picked up a black racer. I did not see the snake but noticed that she looked like was going to have a heart attack and her frequent companion Nancy (with Lola) teased her by asking her if she really wanted to see Debby Reynolds that badly.

The hawks sometimes will pull one of these black racers off the field if they are lucky enough to spot one out in the open and I almost stepped on one of these six foot black racers when I was trying to find out what Beau was barking at in one corner while I ignored where my feet were landing right in front of me. A good way to get dog poop on your shoe but you usually do not trod over a six foot black racer. The snake got out of the way.

Mentioned some of this to another Carol on her way out and will try to also relay the information to a third Carol the next time I see her at Doggie Doo Run Run.

A few years ago it seemed to be all Pats-- both male and female. This year we have a lot of Carols. Kind of fitting for the Christmas and New Years' Season. A caroling I will go.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 12-30-2016 at 07:13 PM.
Old 12-30-2016, 10:08 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Yesterday at Doggie Doo Run Run I was visiting with Nancy and Carol on their way out of the dog park when Carol reached for her leash which was hanging from the fence of wooden and metal screen near the entry way. Instead of picking up Jack's leash she almost picked up a black racer. I did not see the snake but she noticed that she looked like was going to have a heart attack and her frequent companion Nancy (with Lola) teased her by asking her if she really wanted to see Debby Reynolds that badly.

The hawks sometimes will pull one of these black racers off the field if they are lucky enough to spot one out in the open and I almost stepped on one of these six foot black racers when I was trying to find out what Beau was barking at in one corner while I ignored where my feet were landing right in front of me. A good way to get dog poop on your shoe but you usually do not trod over a six foot black racer. The snake got out of the way.

Mentioned some of this to another Carol on her way out and will try to also relay the information to a third Carol the next time I see her at Doggie Doo Run Run.

A few year's ago it seemed to be all Pats-- both male and female. This year we have a lot of Carols. Kind of fitting for the Christmas and New Years' Season. A caroling I will go.
Funds for memorial bench for Benjamin Kramer and Chris.

Carol and Nancy were the first instigators of the Memorial Bench for Ben Kramer after he passed.
Old 12-30-2016, 11:01 AM

Normally black racers will take off before you get near them.
Old 12-30-2016, 11:12 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpvillager View Post
Normally black racers will take off before you get near them.
Unless cornered, that is true.
Old 12-30-2016, 12:27 PM
Sage

Tal, do you know if the black racer snake is still in Little Dogs at DDRR or has it slithered off?
Old 12-30-2016, 12:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Tal, do you know if the black racer snake is still in Little Dogs at DDRR or has it slithered off?
It was in the Agility Area the last I looked. They do not seem to like the cold though.

Beau just ignores these snakes when I see them. I have seen more garter snakes at DDRR over the last ten years than black racers. Garter Snake Information & Facts
Closed Thread

Tags
carol, run, black, racer, racers

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.