Portia 's Our Girl

Closed Thread
Old 01-02-2013, 05:35 PM
Default Portia 's Our Girl

If we decide to permanently move to the villages after our Jan 20th visit, should we consider a home with the wall around the back yard which will allow her the have her own private space?? Portia, our goldendoodle is basically a very quiet girl who likes to stay in with us however currently goes to daycare two times a week and we take her on her walks for exercise 2 or 3 times a day....she does her business in her own yard and we do pick it up if it happens elsewhere.....

Also, how are the doggie parks in TV??

Thanks...Jim
Old 01-02-2013, 06:29 PM
Sage

Doggie parks are small and not very nice IMHO. But there is a pay as you go park not far that lots of Villagers go to and enjoy. Look at the wall behind the house through your eyes - Portia will be happy whereever you are. Thought at first I needed to go that route with my 2 big kids, but couldn't take the closed in feeling for myself. We do have an offset lot, but pretty close to neighbors and it hasn't been an issue and they don't have dogs. So your options are pretty wide open - whatever you choose if it is in
TV's it's gotta be good.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:50 PM
Veteran member

The dog park in Ocala is WONDERFUL! The park at Paradise Park is a disaster...be prepared to give Portia a bath when you leave. The others are painfully small. Look up Millennium Dog Park in Ocala. It's the best.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:56 PM
Sage

Hit search button above. Enter in "dog parks". Doggie Doo Run Run is great and 5 minutes from TV. There are lots of big dogs romping and socializing off leash!
Old 01-03-2013, 01:42 AM

Like you I am looking in the Villages, and intend a 2nd visit this year, and maybe a purchase if the house here sells.
I have a doggie door here, and my German Shephard, and Mixed up Lab of 13 years are very used to it, and I don't want to change their lives at this late stage.
I personally want a Villa with the walls, and privacy fence, as there can be critters that will be "less" likely to get in the yard to bother your dog. Depending on the area I have read about poisonous snakes, and aligators in folks yards in T.V. a guy last year got a big write up in Orlando paper about saving his dog from a gator here. You can find the past threads on it on TOTV.
Hope to meet you all one of these days.

My friends call me Puppymomma

Last edited by Dancing Queen; 01-07-2013 at 03:38 PM. Reason: needed it
Old 01-03-2013, 08:57 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocubsgo View Post
The dog park in Ocala is WONDERFUL! The park at Paradise Park is a disaster...be prepared to give Portia a bath when you leave. The others are painfully small. Look up Millennium Dog Park in Ocala. It's the best.
I just googled Millennium Dog Park in Ocala which looks very nice. Doggie Doo Run Run is also huge, nice and much closer to TV.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:10 PM

Buy a courtyard villa. Perfect for my cat. She's declawed (we got her from the shelter like that) so she doesn't climb the tree and she's not a jumper. My friends down the street have their 2 dogs in their backyard. no problem.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:05 PM
Default Portia's Place

Thank you all for the feedback as we really have to consider Portia's well being when looking.....we are lucky with her personality as she adapts well to everything...

Jimmy & Ronnie
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.