Charlie needs a new home

Closed Thread
Old 10-08-2015, 08:21 AM
Default Charlie needs a new home

We have had our very large and lovable Tuxedo cat for 10 years. But, my wife has developed severe ashma and COPD and the doctors suggest Charlie is making her condition worse. We must find a good home for our friend who is a shy but extremely well behaved cat. He is independent and loves to play with toys but is not a lap cat. He loves to get his belly rubbed and to be brushed. He is big (26 pounds) but has been very healthy. His only problems have been a couple of UTIs during his lifetime. He is low maintenance and a sweetheart. Charlie has been declawed (front paws), microchipped, shots up to date, and sees the vet at Banfield every six months. Please help us find a good home for our longtime family friend. Call us at 352-615-1653 or 352-615-1285.
Old 11-05-2015, 01:17 PM
Default Desperately Need a Home for Charlie

We still need to find a home for Charlie. The doctor told my wife yesterday that either she will continue to get sicker or Charlie must be relocated. We are getting desperate here - we have called around to many vets, rescue organizations and the humane society. Their solutions are not encouraging. He is so special and we must find him a home. Dont want to think about the alternative for Charlie but I cant let my wife get any sicker. My number is 352-615-1653 if you know a good home to which he can go.
Old 11-05-2015, 01:24 PM
Dancing Thyme

I'm so sorry to hear this. I wish I could take Charlie but I also suffer from severe allergies and asthma from shedding cats or dogs, so it will be impossible for me to take Charlie.

However, I do have a suggestion, just a thought. Did you think about having Charlie bathed? I stayed at a friends home who raised show cats and did not have any reaction at all and when I asked why, she said because I wash my cats for shows and that removes most of the allergens.

Just a thought, but maybe it could save Charlie??? PS, I have a mobile groomer who will wash cats.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 11-05-2015, 01:41 PM
Gold member

Can you be sure it is the cat that is causing your wife's issues? I know everyone is different. I have asthma, but my dogs were not the trigger. It took well over a year to figure out what was causing my asthma while in the house. It turned out to be paint.

But, if you still need to get rid of Charlie you might contact South Lake Animal League (aka Animal League). They are a no-kill facility. That is where I got the dog I have now. They have a separate house for cats. Very nice people. Dog area was very clean. Did not visit the cat area. Another lady on here adopted a cat from there.

Phone: 352-429-6334 CLOSED on Wed. & Thurs. It is not too far from Leesburg, Probably 30 minutes from The Villages.

Last edited by GeoGeo; 11-05-2015 at 02:37 PM.
Old 11-05-2015, 02:53 PM
Sage

I had a friend who had severe allergies to cats. His wife sprayed the cat with something that worked. Maybe if you go to a large pet store you can find the spray!

My husband who is also allergic was able to go to their home with no problems.
Old 11-06-2015, 09:01 AM
Default Thanks for your concerns

Thanks to everyone for your replies. We have finally found an organization in Orlando (Pet Alliance) that will take Charlie and they let the animals they take in stay as long as it takes to get them adopted and do not euthanize.
Closed Thread

Tags
cat, charlie, home, loves, find, friend, good, maintenance, low, sweetheart, declawed, pounds, healthy, utis, problems, front, lifetime, couple, sees, longtime, family, call, 352-615-1285, 352-615-1653, months

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.