Pet Friendly Hotels along I-75?

Closed Thread
Old 09-18-2009, 06:53 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,228 Times in 757 Posts
Question Pet Friendly Hotels along I-75?

Has anyone found a nice pet friendly place to stay about half way between Cincinnati and TV (give or take an hour or two)?

I like Hampton Inn and Garden Hilton (or Hilton Garden or whatever they are called) but I do not think they are pet friendly. I think Red Roof Inns are pet friendly.

Can anyone recommend a specific place. Sometimes places can vary quite a bit even within the same chain. It does not have to be fancy-schmanzy, but I do not want to end up in a place that is not well run and clean. Also, a Bed and Breakfast would be fine, too.

Any suggestions are welcome. We have never traveled an overnight distance with our dog before so this will be a whole new experience. She is 105 years old and she will sleep in the back seat during the ride, but where is a nice place to spend the night?

Thank you.

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 09-18-2009 at 06:57 AM.
Old 09-18-2009, 07:39 AM
OpusX

If you google pet friendly hotels you will find several sites that offer pet friendly searches. This site would not let me post links do to spam filters. The one we like to use is Official Pet Hotels because it is not limited by brand.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:33 AM
Dancing Thyme

Boomer, last year when I came across country with the 3 brats, my experience was, it really depended on the particular motel/hotel in that city as to how nice the rooms and accommodations were. It truly varied so much. But I do suggest that upon registering, you ask to view the rooms and be specific on your needs, as there were quite a few that we walked out on and asked for our money back. It was interesting there was one in the Panhandle that was sooooo bad, we couldn't even enter the room and yet it was a major chain with good reputation. Another caution, they did pick up fleas along the way between the rooms and the rest areas, it was hard not to.
Good luck Boomer, I hope to see you soon.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 09-18-2009, 02:19 PM

We also take the Cincy/Villages drive - and it depends on the size of your dog. Most of the Motels don't mind the little dogs, but, you pay extra for over 25#. We just dont tell them.

Best Red Roof is the one in Marietta - about 1/2 way. It is fairly new - and we thought it was nice.

Below is a good link for you - pet friendly hotels along I75

http://www.dogfriendly.com/server/tr...y/i75aUS.shtml

One that I do not recommend is in Chattanooga.

Also the LaQuinta is nice - and they take dogs free.
Old 09-18-2009, 03:48 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Has anyone found a nice pet friendly place to stay about half way between Cincinnati and TV (give or take an hour or two)?

I like Hampton Inn and Garden Hilton (or Hilton Garden or whatever they are called) but I do not think they are pet friendly. I think Red Roof Inns are pet friendly.

Can anyone recommend a specific place. Sometimes places can vary quite a bit even within the same chain. It does not have to be fancy-schmanzy, but I do not want to end up in a place that is not well run and clean. Also, a Bed and Breakfast would be fine, too.

Any suggestions are welcome. We have never traveled an overnight distance with our dog before so this will be a whole new experience. She is 105 years old and she will sleep in the back seat during the ride, but where is a nice place to spend the night?

Thank you.

Boomer

Boomer (and Boomdog),

Many Mariott Residence Inns and TownePlace Suites are pet friendly (including the TPS in SS).
Old 09-18-2009, 04:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,534 Times in 1,921 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Cincy to TV....a days ride...14-15 hours.

Or...you could leave early in the morning and drive straight through like we do with the kitties.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:52 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,228 Times in 757 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Or...you could leave early in the morning and drive straight through like we do with the kitties.
Thank you to everyone for the suggestions. Today, I also heard of a place called Staybridge Suites which I had never heard of before.

But Gracie, about that all-in-one-day drive thing, there is something that I must confess.......I just can't put up with those long, long, long drives, for hours and hours and hours. I am a bit of a princess about some things.

I know that I am so fortunate not to have been born at a time when I could have ended up as one of those women in a covered wagon. In one of those wagon trains. Rolling along. Rolling along. Rolling along. I just know I would have gone quite mad before we even got past St. Louis. By that time, I would have started digging maniacally through the flour in which I would have packed all my china and I would have pulled out all the plates and started sailing them like frisbees at the wagon master's head. I just know that is what I would have done. Ohhhhh, Gracie, no long one-day drives for me.

Princess Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 09-18-2009 at 11:38 PM.
Old 09-19-2009, 06:17 AM

You might also want to check out Drury Inn & Suites. Most of their places are pet friendly. We stayed at one for six night in Memphis when we evacuated for hurricane Katrina.

Not sure if any of their locations will fit into your travel plans, but they do have one around Atlanta off I-75.

Have a safe trip whenever you decide to come.
Old 10-09-2009, 11:00 AM
Default dog friendly motels

la quinta....the best plus free breakfast!!
Old 10-12-2009, 06:35 PM
OpusX
Default Try this site

http://www.officialpethotels.com/ This site has worked well for us.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:40 PM
Veteran member

Boomer I'm with you, could have NEVER made it on one of those long cross country trips. Awhile ago I read a book called Best of Covered Wagon Women
Introduction by Kenneth L. Holmes.

It is a diary of women going cross country and is just heart wrenching Can
you imagine having menstral cramps or a migraine? It makes me want to be a better woman for all these ladies who endured so much!

By the way.....I LOVE your writing style I must of have skipped school that day P.S. FYI Sturbridge is a really nice chain.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.