Curb Your Dog

Closed Thread
Old 03-28-2009, 07:23 PM
Sage

The Villages allows two dogs per household. Dog Parks are sorely needed.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:20 PM

Allow fences
Old 03-29-2009, 04:37 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to lavendera1
Default Every day every day!

Fence would be nice. We do have the dog run but fleas are a problem when you bring the dog there. I really don't mind people walking there dogs but when the owners will not pick up after them I think there should be a fine. Most of the time you know who they are. We pay to have our yard mowed and sprayed I want it to look nice...this is getting hard when all you do is pick up pooo.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:44 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavendera1 View Post
Fence would be nice. We do have the dog run but fleas are a problem when you bring the dog there. I really don't mind people walking there dogs but when the owners will not pick up after them I think there should be a fine. Most of the time you know who they are. We pay to have our yard mowed and sprayed I want it to look nice...this is getting hard when all you do is pick up pooo.
The Villages allows two dogs per household. Dog Parks are sorely needed.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:41 PM
Platinum member

Ah, for the love of cats....I just don't think I could handle the whole dog issue...the walking of the dog outside and then cleaning up the poop all the time. Atleast with a cat....there is only one place they go and it can be scooped up once daily....

I know there are some serious dog lovers on here and I am not saying anything "bad" about dogs...I am just grateful that I prefer cats!
Cheers!

Suzy Toronto
Old 04-12-2009, 08:12 AM
Taltarzac
Default Doggie Doo Run Run has never presented the problem of fleas and/or any...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavendera1 View Post
...other kind of bug during the 27 months or so we have been taking our dog there.

The dog run seems to either board or have regular canine clients numbering around 200 or so per week. At least while the snow birds and their dogs are stilll here in TV the numbers at the DDRR are pretty good.

DDRR is only open though from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. so there are other times of the day when a pooch needs to pee and/or poo.

There must be about 10,000 dogs in the TV and the surrounding area that could use the DDRR but do not. Some of the regular clients at the DDRR even come from the Dell Webb communities or from other nearby communities to the Villages.

Some dogs are too aggressive or submissive to come to DDRR but fleas and/or other bugs should not be a problem. The management of DDRR require that the dogs be kept current on shots and other medical treatment.
Old 04-12-2009, 08:54 AM
Default Dog Park Focus Group

WANT TO KEEP DOGS OFF YOUR PROPERTY? WANT TO KEEP DOGS AWAY FROM THE POSTAL STATIONS OR ON ANY OF THE COMMON AREAS EFFECTING YOU? JOIN US AT THE SAVANNAH CENTER, APRIL 16TH, 2:00PM. This will be the organizational meeting of a Dog Park Focus Group. RDOG (Responsible Dog Owners Group) understands your concerns and we want to help. Dogs in The Villages are a fact! Help us solve the problem by building more dog parks around The Villages for us to socialize our dogs and keep them off the streets and off your property.

BE A PART OF THE SOLUTION

Last edited by Responsible Dog Owners; 04-12-2009 at 09:06 AM. Reason: visability
Old 04-12-2009, 09:09 AM

Allow fences, goood fences make better niebhors
Old 04-12-2009, 09:42 AM

And responsible smokers should pick up their cigarette butts!
Old 04-12-2009, 09:08 PM
Veteran member

And cigar butts littering championship courses.............
Old 04-13-2009, 05:21 AM
Founder

Will more dog parks keep Minnie, who lives down the street, from allowing her dog to squat in the neighbors yard? I wonder.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:37 AM

Fences would keep Minnie down the street from peeing on yards, but nothing can done about the butts on the ground.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:39 AM

I'm sorry I thought Minnie was the dog, I hope minnie isn't peeing on your yard. That would be a whole different discusion!
Old 04-13-2009, 06:55 AM
Veteran member
Default Fences

I agree with the idea of fences . It sure would make my search for a home alot easier, as I find myself looking at the homes that have fences because I have two doggies and it would make life so much easier etc. However, I dont need a big expensive home, I would rather a smaller home, so I will have more money leftover in my retirement to play! . Do you thin TV will ever allow fences in the future?
Old 04-13-2009, 08:14 AM
Taltarzac
Default Back yard fences have never stopped dogs peeing and pooping in front yards...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Host View Post
Will more dog parks keep Minnie, who lives down the street, from allowing her dog to squat in the neighbors yard? I wonder.

...anywhere else I have lived in the US. If you have an inconsiderate neighbor, he or she will probably keep doing whatever it is that annoys you.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.