Curb Your Dog

Closed Thread
Old 04-13-2009, 08:29 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanneBeannie View Post
I agree with the idea of fences . It sure would make my search for a home alot easier, as I find myself looking at the homes that have fences because I have two doggies and it would make life so much easier etc. However, I dont need a big expensive home, I would rather a smaller home, so I will have more money leftover in my retirement to play! . Do you thin TV will ever allow fences in the future?
There are houses for sale in TV with fences in The Village of Hemingway.

http://thevillages.com/homes/vls/detail4.asp?vls=206248

Last edited by Halle; 04-13-2009 at 08:31 AM.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:39 AM
Taltarzac
Default Here are some pictures of dogs enjoying themselves at Doggie Doo Run Run.

http://horseartz.printroom.com/ViewG...99110&curpage=

Funny though that they begin with a dog hopping a fence.

More dog parks in TV though would curb the number of dogs peeing and pooping on private property around TV.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:57 AM
Eternal Member

Thanks Tal; Great Pictures. The doggies do love Doggie Doo Run ,don't they?

Do not follow where the path may lead.
Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:44 AM
Thumbs up Fences In TV??? DDRR is Great!

In response to the above note mentioning fences in TV. Yes, courtyard villas have fences. Always have. That's not news. You want fences surrounding other properties? Patio villas, ranch, designers? What will they look like? Picket, wood, chain link, as above, fiberglass? Maybe all of the above!!! What color? White, green, brown? Nice. Then TV can look like every other non-restricted neighborhood across the U.S. If you want fences sell and buy somewhere else.

Oh yeah, fences. There are approximately 10 dogs on my street. I can just imagine what the neighborhood would sound like with 10 dogs barracaded in their fenced yards. Sure, they are contained, but not muzzeled! Get real folks. Dog parks are the solution. Dogs in TV are a fact of life and they're not going away. Let's put our heads together and find a viable solution to make everyone happy.

As for Doggy Doo Run Run. An excellent dog park to take dogs for running, socializing and yes, even bathing. But do you really think folks are willing to carry their dogs to DDRR 3 to 4 times a day. Local dog parks are the solution.

Get on board with the Dog Park Focus group, Thursday, April 16th at 2:00pm at Savannah Center.

BE A PART OF THE SOLUTION
Old 04-13-2009, 10:07 AM
Veteran member

The house I provided a link to is a Ranch Home not a Villa.

I'm all for more dog parks I was just pointing out that there are already homes to buy with fences.

I feel your response was way off base. Nice attitude.

I am a Responsible Dog Owner, I have always cleaned up after my dogs and do not allow them to use neighbors yards.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:16 AM
Default My Apologies

I'm sorry if I offended you. Please accept my apologies. Sometimes I just get tired of dog owners getting a bad rap just for owning dogs. We're trying very hard to come to an equitable solution for dog owners and non-dog owners alike.

By the way, you are right. That is a ranch home and there are some ranch homes, also designers that have privacy fences at the back, however, I hasten to think the entire property is fenced.

Again, please accept my apologies.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:25 AM
Veteran member

The Villages of Hemingway has a small area with I believe a couple dozen ranch homes with the entire backyard fenced. If there is a positive result to this idea TV may build more houses with fences. It is just one more option for prospective home buyers.

Last edited by Halle; 04-13-2009 at 02:40 PM.
Old 04-13-2009, 02:36 PM
Veteran member
Smile Thank you Halle and Tal...

Thank you Halle for your sweet post and the link to the beautiful ranch house!! That was very thoughtful of you to take the time. Its beautiful and exactly what I was looking for, a nice spot in the yard for the doggies to play and relax in the sun. . It was a big help as I was getting so confused with all the different areas etc., now I know what area to check out thank you again! I am showing my house again tomorrow, so keeping my fingers crossed so I can come down for a visit.
And thank you Tal for the cool link to the DDDR, loved the pictures and the doggies look like they are having so much fun, they will love it!
"Responsible Dog Owner".....I didnt mean to ruffle feathers, I was merely looking for a nice area for my doggies to chill and have fun, not build chain link, brown or green etc. fences, nor have them bark incessantly.
Thanks again Halle and Tal...hope to meet you soon someday .
Old 04-13-2009, 03:26 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halle View Post
The Villages of Hemingway has a small area with I believe a couple dozen ranch homes with the entire backyard fenced. If there is a positive result to this idea TV may build more houses with fences. It is just one more option for prospective home buyers.
GRRRR!!!

Last edited by Sydney; 04-13-2009 at 03:28 PM. Reason: WRONG QUOTE
Old 04-13-2009, 03:29 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halle View Post
The house I provided a link to is a Ranch Home not a Villa.

I'm all for more dog parks I was just pointing out that there are already homes to buy with fences.

I feel your response was way off base. Nice attitude.

I am a Responsible Dog Owner, I have always cleaned up after my dogs and do not allow them to use neighbors yards.
Oops, I mean GRRRRR now.
Old 04-13-2009, 04:56 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac View Post
http://horseartz.printroom.com/ViewG...99110&curpage=

Funny though that they begin with a dog hopping a fence.

More dog parks in TV though would curb the number of dogs peeing and pooping on private property around TV.
Thanks, Tal,

These pics are wonderful. Happy to see some little guys (like my Finley) as well as larger.

Some dogs would be happy to lie in the sun in the yard of a CYV or one of the ranches with a fence. Others, like mine, would be noisy out there - especially with a fence as opposed to a villa wall - so the fences do concern me.

I agree with the RDOG post that dogs are a fact in TV. If we are responsible pet owners, we need to ensure that our pets do not impinge on our neighbor's paradise by excessive noise - not just by going potty inappropriately.

We just closed today. My husband is trying to make the meeting; I am still in SC for another couple of weeks. Dog parks are part of the answer - but they will not eliminate (no pun intended) owners who are not being responsible.

k
Old 04-13-2009, 05:11 PM
Veteran member

The fence around the Ranch Home is the same type of fence that is around the Courtyard Villas. I really don't understand why that concerns you, unless you assume the dogs will be left unattended just because they have a fence. I have seen many dogs on chains/ropes in their yards that bark everytime someone walks by and others that never make a sound. My dogs are never left unattended even in our fenced yard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katezbox View Post
Thanks, Tal,
These pics are wonderful. Happy to see some little guys (like my Finley) as well as larger.

Some dogs would be happy to lie in the sun in the yard of a CYV or one of the ranches with a fence. Others, like mine, would be noisy out there - especially with a fence as opposed to a villa wall - so the fences do concern me.

I agree with the RDOG post that dogs are a fact in TV. If we are responsible pet owners, we need to ensure that our pets do not impinge on our neighbor's paradise by excessive noise - not just by going potty inappropriately.

We just closed today. My husband is trying to make the meeting; I am still in SC for another couple of weeks. Dog parks are part of the answer - but they will not eliminate (no pun intended) owners who are not being responsible.

k
Old 04-13-2009, 06:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

How many times a day would a dog owner take their dog to the dog park?
Old 04-13-2009, 06:39 PM
Sage

I agree that more Dog Parks are required.

We love our fenced courtyard villa, but we also visit Doggie Doo Run Run daily.

Most dog owners in TV are very clean and responsible. It is just a few that give dogs a bad bark.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
How many times a day would a dog owner take their dog to the dog park?

We go at least once, and often twice a day.

For a monthly fee of $25, you can go as often as you want. For a monthly fee of $30, you can take two dogs .. we think it is great value!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.