Does This "Doggy" Comment Sit Well With You?

Closed Thread
Old 05-10-2018, 07:21 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
An 'easement' basically reserves the legal right for a utility/government entity/Etc....to enter your property.

It's still your property...and not for public use/entry.
Good to know
Old 05-10-2018, 07:25 AM

Unfortunately when a dog is walked it does not have the ability to let it's owner know that it has to go back home to relieve it's self (again). So it does what is natural for a dog and relieves it's self again. Sometimes just walking activates the dogs ( I have to go again ) memory. As long as the poop is picked up, I see no problem with a nice walk for the pouch.
Old 05-10-2018, 07:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,320 Times in 2,057 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboy View Post
Unfortunately when a dog is walked it does not have the ability to let it's owner know that it has to go back home to relieve it's self (again). So it does what is natural for a dog and relieves it's self again. Sometimes just walking activates the dogs ( I have to go again ) memory. As long as the poop is picked up, I see no problem with a nice walk for the pouch.
Sounds reasonable. And all kinds of critters poop and pee on our lawns-- coyotes, feral cats, rabbits, birds, opossum, foxes, raccoons, bear, deer, alligators, etc. Usually not horses unless you are in a very rural area.

Remember some large horse poop when a carriage ride drawn by horses picked up some couple for a romantic ride around our neighborhood in Palm Harbor, Florida.

I guess that the carriage ride people got around to picking up the horse poop a few hours after they had retrieved the horses and carriage. I had had to go around the poop when going out doing errands in the car.

I often see dogs pooping on our lawn. The owners usually clean it up but probably do leave a little bit of it. And they pee. Animals do what they want often whether or not the owner keeps a very careful eye on them.
Old 05-10-2018, 07:51 AM
Platinum member

I agree totally with the quoted comment. Regarding leash laws, yesterday, while travelling down the Springdale path from Mulberry Grove through Nancy Lopez Golf Course, I saw a lady in a cart exercising her large dog. It was off leash. A woman was walking on the path and the dog ran up and began sniffing her in a very private area. The lady was clearly uncomfortable and the gal in the cart kept telling her that it was Ok...the dog was just being friendly. Reminded me of a guy back home that I had frequent altercations with. On my evening walks, his dog would run out into the street and bark and snarl at me. The first time it happened, my instincts kicked in and I grabbed a stick from a pile of Katrina debris and got ready for the dog attack. The man was yelling that I should relax...that the dog would not harm me...relax...ignore.... I told the man that it was not my behavior that needed modifying. He never got it. That situation escalated pretty severely over time and was only resolved when the dog owner dropped dead while standing in line at the bank and his wife moved away soon after, taking "Blizzard" with her. My bottom line is this....whether it is unwanted wet nose, licking, sniffing, or any other unwanted attention from a dog or whether it is letting one's dog poop in another person's yard, it is the dog's owner not the "victim" who needs to modify their attitude and behavior. PS...please don't throw that hyperbole that 99% of dog owners are responsible at me. Jeez, not even 99% of Eagle Scouts are physically strong, mentally awake, and morally straight.
Old 05-10-2018, 08:02 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix View Post
I agree totally with the quoted comment. Regarding leash laws, yesterday, while travelling down the Springdale path from Mulberry Grove through Nancy Lopez Golf Course, I saw a lady in a cart exercising her large dog. It was off leash. A woman was walking on the path and the dog ran up and began sniffing her in a very private area. The lady was clearly uncomfortable and the gal in the cart kept telling her that it was Ok...the dog was just being friendly. Reminded me of a guy back home that I had frequent altercations with. On my evening walks, his dog would run out into the street and bark and snarl at me. The first time it happened, my instincts kicked in and I grabbed a stick from a pile of Katrina debris and got ready for the dog attack. The man was yelling that I should relax...that the dog would not harm me...relax...ignore.... I told the man that it was not my behavior that needed modifying. He never got it. That situation escalated pretty severely over time and was only resolved when the dog owner dropped dead while standing in line at the bank and his wife moved away soon after, taking "Blizzard" with her. My bottom line is this....whether it is unwanted wet nose, licking, sniffing, or any other unwanted attention from a dog or whether it is letting one's dog poop in another person's yard, it is the dog's owner not the "victim" who needs to modify their attitude and behavior. PS...please don't throw that hyperbole that 99% of dog owners are responsible at me. Jeez, not even 99% of Eagle Scouts are physically strong, mentally awake, and morally straight.
Big dogs should be on a leash. That is the law in the Villages' counties.

There is a Spanish Mastiff up the street from me which is about 130 lbs. It will top off at 180 lbs when fully grown. I do hope this dog is always on the leash but it looks very powerful as a puppy. I just give it that whole area of the Loop as I would rather not take any chances. It seems like a friendly dog but at that size.... And you should see the size of this canine's poop. Massive.

It only poops in its own yard which is nice.

A few years ago a slight girl was walking a large pit bull mix or something like that which broke her wrist and then attacked a small pooch also being walked by another person though and doing a lot of damage to it. This was in one of the nearby Villages. Even with a dog on a leash there may be problems. Especially if the dog is not under control.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 05-10-2018 at 08:11 AM.
Old 05-10-2018, 08:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

I once lived in a neighborhood where a large, unleashed, dog liked to chase anything...cars, motorcycles and even bicycles included.

Making it worse, is that the dog would follow until the car/bike stopped then act aggressive when you got out...even in your own driveway.

Although it never bit anyone, it still cared the chit out of the other people (especially the kids)...on the street.

No amount of talking to the owner seemed to make any difference, so one day I decided to teach the dog a lesson and quickly opened my car door...as I went past it while it was 'attacking.'

Alas, the dog wasn't hurt and never did change its behavior...but I did have a nice little dent in my car door.
Old 05-10-2018, 08:14 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,478 Times in 549 Posts

Here’s my opinion:

Before taking your dog for a walk, let it out in your yard to see if it needs to do its business.

When walking your dog, it should be in the street with you. There is no reason for you to be walking in the street while your dog wanders on someone’s grass. If the pavement is too hot, don’t walk the dog. If it has to poop, it should poop in the street, after which you should pick it up. If it pees in the street, not much you can do until the rain washes it away. Dog pee kills grass.

Your dog must be on leash off your property unless it’s at a dog park.
Old 05-10-2018, 08:18 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
I once lived in a neighborhood where a large, unleashed, dog liked to chase anything...cars, motorcycles and even bicycles included.

Making it worse, is that the dog would follow until the car/bike stopped then act aggressive when you got out...even in your own driveway.

Although it never bit anyone, it still cared the chit out of the other people (especially the kids)...on the street.

No amount of talking to the owner seemed to make any difference, so one day I decided to teach the dog a lesson and quickly opened my car door...as I went past it while it was 'attacking.'

Alas, the dog wasn't hurt and never did change its behavior...but I did have a nice little dent in my car door.
There was a chihuahua that did that in a neighborhood in Reno often when I was biking through. I would just lift my feet and coast past it.
Old 05-10-2018, 09:05 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts
Default That would be a no....

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
That is very interesting but I know that in the deed restrictions there are a few feet of easements. Would that area be exempt?
"easements" on a persons property are for the utility and emergency vehicles. Not a pet or person wandering around.
Old 05-10-2018, 09:10 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts
Default It is the owners...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Sounds reasonable. And all kinds of critters poop and pee on our lawns-- coyotes, feral cats, rabbits, birds, opossum, foxes, raccoons, bear, deer, alligators, etc. Usually not horses unless you are in a very rural area.

Remember some large horse poop when a carriage ride drawn by horses picked up some couple for a romantic ride around our neighborhood in Palm Harbor, Florida.

I guess that the carriage ride people got around to picking up the horse poop a few hours after they had retrieved the horses and carriage. I had had to go around the poop when going out doing errands in the car.

I often see dogs pooping on our lawn. The owners usually clean it up but probably do leave a little bit of it. And they pee. Animals do what they want often whether or not the owner keeps a very careful eye on them.
job to be in charge...not the pet. A dog can and will hold it till it's let go. If the dog won't go on it's owners lawn that is the owners problem and if necessary should head to a common area for the dog to do it's business. There is no excuse for letting a dog do it's business on private property.
Old 05-10-2018, 09:17 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
job to be in charge...not the pet. A dog can and will hold it till it's let go. If the dog won't go on it's owners lawn that is the owners problem and if necessary should head to a common area for the dog to do it's business. There is no excuse for letting a dog do it's business on private property.
These dog poop threads do seem to go on and on. These people sure are passionate about dog poop.
Old 05-10-2018, 09:18 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
Yep.
Old 05-10-2018, 10:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
Yep.
Here is the difficulty. Most people are responsible, were responsible with their children and are now responsible for their pets. Some people are not fond of having small children around and some people don't like any dogs at all, even those that do not go on their lawn and stay in their own yard.

I think we must realize to be very careful to not invade another's space with our pets and try to encourage our children to teach their children to behave in ways that others find some enjoyment in them. Try to put ourselves in the frame of mind of those complaining. TRY to understand their point of view and do not trespass on their property. They don't know or love our pets and may not if they did know them. They have a right to not have to step in poo on their own land.
Old 05-10-2018, 05:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Robinson View Post
This comment was not removed by the Moderators.
Just curious . . . what do you think of this comment???

...I have now been here 17 years. My purpose is to point out leash laws, using common areas that are NOT dog parks, ENTITLED dog owners that think my yard is THEIR personal dog park. I will never understand the hubris and temerity of dog owners ASSUMING the right to walk their dogs on private property. If you are a dog owner, use YOUR yard. I respect YOUR property and would never enter uninvited. Cant use your yard? Get rid of your dog, you get all the enjoyment at home, I get your crap. THINK ABOUT IT!
I don't know what they said that was so wrong to make you believe this should of been deleted. It's a poster giving their personal opinion, and because you don't agree it should be removed. I'm glad you reposted it, because I missed it the first time. I agree completely and I've owned many dogs in my life.
Old 05-10-2018, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Here is the difficulty. Most people are responsible, were responsible with their children and are now responsible for their pets. Some people are not fond of having small children around and some people don't like any dogs at all, even those that do not go on their lawn and stay in their own yard.

I think we must realize to be very careful to not invade another's space with our pets and try to encourage our children to teach their children to behave in ways that others find some enjoyment in them. Try to put ourselves in the frame of mind of those complaining. TRY to understand their point of view and do not trespass on their property. They don't know or love our pets and may not if they did know them. They have a right to not have to step in poo on their own land.
A wonderfully reasoned reply.

We have a cat. Some people don't like cats. I don't know why but it doesn't matter. Nobody has to have any interaction with out cat unless they choose to come into our home.
Closed Thread

Tags
dog, comment, yard, owners, dogs

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.