Does This "Doggy" Comment Sit Well With You?

Closed Thread
Old 05-10-2018, 08:36 PM
Sage

"Does This "Doggy" Comment Sit Well With You?"
I think the fact that he talks at all is quite remarkable.
Old 05-10-2018, 09:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
"Does This "Doggy" Comment Sit Well With You?"
I think the fact that he talks at all is quite remarkable.
Imagine if your dog turned to you, said "no one will ever believe you"...and never spoke again.
Old 05-11-2018, 08:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Keep your dog on the street and off of other people's grass. It's easy. You have the (hopefully not extendable) leash; you are the boss. Take control. For the life of me, I don't understand why, when so many people in TV HATE having others' dogs walking on their yard, dog owners would let that happen.

If you pick up after your dog, you are welcome to let it walk on our yard. But most people don't want that, so assume nobody does unless they tell you it's okay. I will let you know what our new address is when we get it, and Crosby will show your dog the best spots. But bring a bag.
Old 05-11-2018, 08:24 AM

Where we lived before one of the neighbors had a sheep dog, she walked it and let it take a poop in the middle of our driveway. I ask her what she was going to do about that and she said nothing, therefore I retrieved a shovel, scooped it up, took it to her house and placed it at the front door. She never walked our way again, said there was crazy man on that end of the street. She was a college professor at the local college and just did not get it.

Here in the Villages a few weeks ago I was at Walgreen's and a woman let her dog take a poop right in front of the door. I ask her what she was going to do about that and she said she didn't have anything to pick it up with. I said I have your picture and will be turning it over the the police, she came back with a tissue and picked it up from the clean end and placed it in the trash can. I just don't get some people, are they that stupid!
Old 05-11-2018, 08:38 AM
Veteran member

You are probably only one of 5 out of thousands that does that. I love the way dog owners walk around with a bag of dog .... in their hand and then when no one is looking they throw it down the drain. Guess where it ends up? In the golf course ponds. Lovely.
Old 05-11-2018, 08:45 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427dave View Post
Where we lived before one of the neighbors had a sheep dog, she walked it and let it take a poop in the middle of our driveway. I ask her what she was going to do about that and she said nothing, therefore I retrieved a shovel, scooped it up, took it to her house and placed it at the front door. She never walked our way again, said there was crazy man on that end of the street. She was a college professor at the local college and just did not get it.

Here in the Villages a few weeks ago I was at Walgreen's and a woman let her dog take a poop right in front of the door. I ask her what she was going to do about that and she said she didn't have anything to pick it up with. I said I have your picture and will be turning it over the the police, she came back with a tissue and picked it up from the clean end and placed it in the trash can. I just don't get some people, are they that stupid!
I think I love you.💟
Old 05-11-2018, 09:07 AM
Sage

It amazes me how sensitive folks get! If they are in compliance than it shouldn't be an issue.
Old 05-11-2018, 09:12 AM
Default An edless debate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
job to be in charge...not the pet. A dog can and will hold it till it's let go. If the dog won't go on it's owners lawn that is the owners problem and if necessary should head to a common area for the dog to do it's business. There is no excuse for letting a dog do it's business on private property.
It was mentioned about horses. Actually it not at all the same. A horse eats plant matter-grass, grain. You cannot catch diseases from it.

Dogs on the other hand eat meat and can transfer diseases. Others have suggested having YOUR DOG releive itself on YOUR PROPERTY. First of all tyhe dog due to INSTINCT will not go where it lives. THE DOG BY NATURE-SAME AS YOUR NEIGHBORS KNOWS IT IS UNSANITARY.

I like dogs. I do not own one.

FOR ALL OF US-A my dad used to say, YOUR RIGHTS END WHERE THE OTHER PERSONS RIGHTS BEGIN. Simple line that answers the most complex issues. RESPECT THE RIGHTS OF YOUR NEIGHBORS.

Last edited by thetruth; 05-11-2018 at 09:13 AM. Reason: SPELLING
Old 05-11-2018, 09:26 AM
Default We unfortunately only note the pigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427dave View Post

As to that lady at Walgreens. I would bet she then went into the store WITHOUT WASHING HER HANDS and shopped.
Weeks ago, I saw a guy with a miniature whit poodle. The dog took a right in the middle of the walkway at the Brownwood farmers market. He pretended he didn't know.
Someone else came along and stepped in it.

Of course it is disgusting. Instant replay-should he have picked it up and then continued handling FOOD?

I don't know what the law is. I DO KNOW THAT COMMON SENSE AND DECENCY MEANS YOUR DOG DOES NOT BELONG THERE.
Old 05-11-2018, 09:36 AM
Default That is another more important issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I don't know what they said that was so wrong to make you believe this should of been deleted. It's a poster giving their personal opinion, and because you don't agree it should be removed. I'm glad you reposted it, because I missed it the first time. I agree completely and I've owned many dogs in my life.
FREEDOM OF SPEECH-freedom of speech is most important when you do not agree with what is being said.
In my opinion, in recent years we have allowed mobs. Yes mobs even in formerly respected colleges to prevent others from speaking.
Old 05-11-2018, 09:40 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruth View Post
As to that lady at Walgreens. I would bet she then went into the store WITHOUT WASHING HER HANDS and shopped.
Weeks ago, I saw a guy with a miniature whit poodle. The dog took a right in the middle of the walkway at the Brownwood farmers market. He pretended he didn't know.
Someone else came along and stepped in it.

Of course it is disgusting. Instant replay-should he have picked it up and then continued handling FOOD?

I don't know what the law is. I DO KNOW THAT COMMON SENSE AND DECENCY MEANS YOUR DOG DOES NOT BELONG THERE.
and people worry about restroom door handles

What is this common sense that you speak of?
Old 05-11-2018, 10:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
It was mentioned about horses. Actually it not at all the same. A horse eats plant matter-grass, grain. You cannot catch diseases from it.

Dogs on the other hand eat meat and can transfer diseases. Others have suggested having YOUR DOG releive itself on YOUR PROPERTY. First of all tyhe dog due to INSTINCT will not go where it lives. THE DOG BY NATURE-SAME AS YOUR NEIGHBORS KNOWS IT IS UNSANITARY.

FOR ALL OF US-A my dad used to say, YOUR RIGHTS END WHERE THE OTHER PERSONS RIGHTS BEGIN. Simple line that answers the most complex issues. RESPECT THE RIGHTS OF YOUR NEIGHBORS.
I have to disagree with you on the bolded part. All our dogs would go in our various yards. It's just that they wouldn't go where they sleep--crate, bed, etc., inside the house.

Anyone who trained a dog from a puppy probably took it outside into the yard to go. Wherever you train the puppy to go is where he will get the idea that's where he's supposed to go, and he will go there. Our current dog was trained in a yard full of pebbles in Key West one winter. Upon returning to Michigan when he was 6 months old, we had to retrain him to go on grass. It was possible.

We never had a dog that wouldn't go in our yard.

Last edited by CFrance; 05-11-2018 at 10:48 AM.
Old 05-11-2018, 11:02 AM
Smile

Personally I have a little plastic dispenser that holds biodegradable dog waste bags and it is always attached to my dog's leash so I have it when I need it. It's not rocket science....just common sense and responsibility.
Old 05-11-2018, 11:13 AM
fw102807

Quote:
THE DOG BY NATURE-SAME AS YOUR NEIGHBORS KNOWS IT IS UNSANITARY.

You obviously do not own a dog to make this statement. If dogs were aware of sanitation they would not eat things I do not want to mention here including poop or sniff each other's butt. Our dogs always went in our yard where they were trained to go.
Old 05-11-2018, 01:02 PM
Default Not sure if you own a dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboy View Post
Unfortunately when a dog is walked it does not have the ability to let it's owner know that it has to go back home to relieve it's self (again). So it does what is natural for a dog and relieves it's self again. Sometimes just walking activates the dogs ( I have to go again ) memory. As long as the poop is picked up, I see no problem with a nice walk for the pouch.
I do not but have in the past. Several people seem to think their dog is a child. I do like dogs but, too many credit their dog with far more awareness and motivation then is REAL.
As far as discovering a need to go on a walk. A dog uses scent far more than sight. A male dog will pee on every tree that catches his attention-HEY GUYS I WAS HERE.
Some dogs seem to try to cover their leavings by scratching. There are glads in his feet that give off a scent and that is the motive.
I LIKE DOGS BUT, RESPECT FOR THE RIGHTS OF OTHERS IS ALWAYS NECESSARY-TRULY SIMPLE.
Closed Thread

Tags
dog, comment, yard, owners, dogs

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.