Dog on Golf Course

Closed Thread
Old 02-22-2013, 08:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Saw a lady cross the street with baby in stroller. She went from a sidewalk to a golf course and took off on the path for the golf carts. Obviously she was a visitor, as she looked like the baby's mother. Perhaps Gramma didn't tell her the rules?
Old 02-22-2013, 08:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpop1 View Post
I have a cousin in California and when we get together he is fond of telling me,
"If necessary, I would much rather inconvenience you than inconvenience myself!!!"

Lots of that going around!
_
JMO--both coasts are very crowded. It's hard to live your life's daily routines, much harder than in the middle of the country. Every single thing you do is a bit of a hassle in an area so crowded. We've been there, done that. I'm not excusing it, but I can see sometimes where it comes from.

And not everyone is like your cousin. But it happens.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:15 PM
Veteran member
Location: Clinton, CT Sarasota, FL, The Villages - July 10, 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpop1 View Post
I have a cousin in California and when we get together he is fond of telling me,
"If necessary, I would much rather inconvenience you than inconvenience myself!!!"

_
He's just joking...must be a guy thing?
Old 02-22-2013, 09:21 PM

I was golfing Tuesday at Belmont and there was a man walking his dog on the course coming in our direction. There was an ambassador coming up from behind him so we commented that he's gonna be in trouble. Not so. The ambassador waved at him and drove right by. Obviously he didn't care.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:29 PM

Agree 100% with BlueDog, Good post!
Old 02-22-2013, 10:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog103 View Post
I have novel idea. How about if everyone lets their pets pee and crap in their own yards?
Most everybody does.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:21 AM

Quote:
I have novel idea. How about if everyone lets their pets pee and crap in their own yards?
I agree! My last neighbor walked his dog around his property until his dog did his business and then took him on a golf cart ride. I had to tell my neighbor this when I told him I did not want his dog pooping on my property right across the street from his home and he was angry and said I don't know when my dog will have to go!
Old 02-23-2013, 07:53 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
What am I missing, why do people make excuses for their dogs having a mistake on someone else's property? Keep the dogs off other peoples lawns.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:28 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
Looks like we have another poop party.

Anyone got a photo of a big dog taking a crap to set the mood.

Let me dig back through my pics...
Old 02-23-2013, 08:34 AM
Sage

I designed an area between the birdcage and golf car garage where I intend to put enough plants to hedge the area so my dog can be contained there to do her business. It's a bit short sighted to say dogs should go in their own yard, because that would mean dogs could never be walked. It's also poor control of the dog to be unable to keep it off people's yards. When I have walked my dog I allow her to visit areas that are obviously not someone's yard and am prepared to pick up the mess in a bag. I agree that there are too few areas designated for pets and would offer that it would be nice if neighborhoods had some area where dogs were allowed to be without irritating people.
I have tried dog parks and do not like submitting my animal to a pack that is precarious at best.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:51 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygilchrist View Post
I designed an area between the birdcage and golf car garage where I intend to put enough plants to hedge the area so my dog can be contained there to do her business. It's a bit short sighted to say dogs should go in their own yard, because that would mean dogs could never be walked. It's also poor control of the dog to be unable to keep it off people's yards. When I have walked my dog I allow her to visit areas that are obviously not someone's yard and am prepared to pick up the mess in a bag. I agree that there are too few areas designated for pets and would offer that it would be nice if neighborhoods had some area where dogs were allowed to be without irritating people.
I have tried dog parks and do not like submitting my animal to a pack that is precarious at best.
We have a "throw-away" area too. It has been discussed ad nauseum how to keep a dog off of other people's property. Doesn't take much training. On our three-mile walks, Crosby has been trained to go on our property, and then not again till we reach that pond thingy with no landscaping around it on Tamarind Grove run.

There is just no excuse... but don't get me started.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:54 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyBoy View Post
A lot of people don't get it, golf courses are for golfers only. I have had to wait for people with dogs to clear the fairway on a couple of occasions - I was playing late and by then the ambassadors were long gone. One time they were playing with the dog on a green, rolling a ball for the dog to fetch. Besides being where they shouldn't be, they are placing themselves in harms way.

When you see those little signs that read, "Golf Traffic Only", that means golfers only, no pedestrians, no sightseers, no dogs, etc.

So I would say something like, "You're putting yourself and your pet in danger, you should walk your dog elsewhere."

I guess if someone wants to do it there really isn't much that will stop them. (Unless someone calls community watch or the sheriff - they technically are trespassing on the championship courses.)
But it's okay for you to trespass 'cause you're a golfer???
Old 02-23-2013, 08:54 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdawg View Post
What am I missing, why do people make excuses for their dogs having a mistake on someone else's property? Keep the dogs off other peoples lawns.
Hard to say but in my CYV neighborhood, it is interesting to see that dog walkers are always on the opposite side of the street if they see you outside....so they are aware.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:55 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
Dear kind hearted pet people.
Why do you respond 2 these poop threads?
Ignore them.
It is a cult of poop sickos.
They even have a facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-P...24994380983594
Because that's what I is and not what I is not!
Old 02-23-2013, 09:05 AM
Sage

Quote:
Love the previous poopatrator post.........but you are correct as well.
We've had our share of dogs and pets over the past 48 years, but last year we bought this sign from amazon.com and IT WORKS..........

They were literally climbing up our front lawn "hill" to let the pets go in their favorite spots.........folks who know us and who use their pooper scoopers and plastic bags get a good chuckle out of the sign.........

We didn't want our grandbabies crawling into the dog mess.
It is trespassing when you think about it..........click link below

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Funny-Cast-Iron-Yard-Stake/dp/B0041F2WHY/ref=pd_sim_lg_18"]Amazon.com: Funny "NO" Cast Iron Yard Stake Dog Sign - Large: Patio, Lawn & Garden[/ame]

We put it down by our mailbox post, near the road.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Funny-Cast-Iron-Yard-Stake/dp/B0041F2WHY/ref=pd_sim_lg_18"]Amazon.com: Funny "NO" Cast Iron Yard Stake Dog Sign - Large: Patio, Lawn & Garden[/ame]
You have to click on the little brown amazon "logo" as it is not appearing as the hyperlink i sent

P.S. Side note for the pooch lovers out there..........conveniently located in all of our neighborhoods up here are many many "woods" that the pooches can frequent........rather than people's front lawns.
But the owners tend to let their dogs go where the dog wants to go..........most though are considerate and clean up after their pets. But, a walk in the woods would make more sense for the pets and show consideration to their neighbors.

Last edited by senior citizen; 02-23-2013 at 09:16 AM. Reason: YOU HAVE TO CLICK ON THE AMAZON LOGO AS IT IS NOT A HYPERLINK
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.