Dog Groomer

Closed Thread
Old 12-16-2023, 06:42 PM
Default Dog Groomer

Can anyone recommend a groomer, either a mobile groomer and a shop, that does a good job on large dogs? Thank you.
Old 12-16-2023, 09:22 PM
Default Groomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denverdame View Post
Can anyone recommend a groomer, either a mobile groomer and a shop, that does a good job on large dogs? Thank you.
Dez Sumter County Animal Hospital does a great job!
Old 12-17-2023, 10:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

I tried many a groomer for our Golden after we moved from Michigan. I finally bit the bullet and started using Woof Gang. The groomer I liked best there moved to the new Woof Gang up on 101 in that strip behind the CVS pharmacy. So I switched to Woof Gang in Brownwood. They all did a good job, but it's pricey. And you have to reserve ahead and ahead and ahead if you want to be sure to get a monthly appointment. At one point they went ahead and made a year's worth of appointments. We never missed an appointment.

After our boy got too old to stand up for grooming and they wouldn't do it anymore, the bather there would bathe him and then get down on the floor and do his paws and sanitary area. She was tiny, half his size. Boy did I tip her well.
Old 12-17-2023, 01:29 PM

Thank you
Old 12-17-2023, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I tried many a groomer for our Golden after we moved from Michigan. I finally bit the bullet and started using Woof Gang. The groomer I liked best there moved to the new Woof Gang up on 101 in that strip behind the CVS pharmacy. So I switched to Woof Gang in Brownwood. They all did a good job, but it's pricey. And you have to reserve ahead and ahead and ahead if you want to be sure to get a monthly appointment. At one point they went ahead and made a year's worth of appointments. We never missed an appointment.

After our boy got too old to stand up for grooming and they wouldn't do it anymore, the bather there would bathe him and then get down on the floor and do his paws and sanitary area. She was tiny, half his size. Boy did I tip her well.
Thank you. Sounds perfect. I have a Golden too….13 years old.
Old 12-17-2023, 09:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denverdame View Post
Thank you. Sounds perfect. I have a Golden too….13 years old.
Ours was 14+, but he had a genetic neurological disease that weakened him. Woof Gang/Brownwood was wonderful with him. Denise was the bather who kept him clean and tidy after he could no longer stand long enough to be groomed. She would also take him out the back door to the car when the floor in the front was too slippery for him.

Tags
groomer, dog, dogs, large, job

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.