Dog park...

Closed Thread
Old 04-29-2010, 09:00 AM
Default Dog park...

My Yorkie, Hillary Rodham, would like to go to the dog-park....unfortunately, her MOMMY is hesitant.

I heard that the newer dog park by Mulberry is clean--and also has an area for the smaller dogs--can someone confirm that?

Do I need her license and proof of vaccines to take her to the dog park--or do I just "show up"? Where to park the car??

Thanks,
Lynn & Hillary Rodham
Old 04-29-2010, 09:55 AM
Default Directions to Dog Park

Go north on Buena Vista to the Springdale Gate. Go straight until you see the pool on the left. Park your car near the pool and walk north on the recreation trail. If you are coming via golf cart, Take the Cart Trail north along Buena Vista. Go beyond the Piedmont/Springdale Roundabout to the first tunnel. Cross under Buena Vista and take a left at the Springdale gate and follow it until you see the Recreation Trail on the left just before the pool. The dog run will be less than half a mile north on the right. Hope you and Hillary have fun!
Old 04-29-2010, 10:02 AM
Default Dog park

Thanks for the reply! Do I need to bring her license or anything else?
Old 04-29-2010, 10:35 AM
Taltarzac
Default You just need a Villager's ID.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditzyfitzy View Post
Thanks for the reply! Do I need to bring her license or anything else?
The few times I have been to the Mulberry Dog Park, no one even checked if I had a Villages' ID nor if my dog was current on his shots. So, I would say all that you would need to do is just show up but also take along a Village's ID just in case they have started checking.

They have checked every once in a while at the Paradise Dog Park for an I.D. That's the other dog park for Villagers.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:52 AM
Eternal Member

I thought that all dogs had to have a rabies license tag(?) on their collar.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:58 AM

When I was there, there were a few people there checking Village ID, as well as rabies tags or certificates. It's pretty nice and has a drinking fountain for doggies. Everyone is doing a great job there. The only problem is, there is no shade in the small dog area. If you have a chair with a sun shade, take it.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:04 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Nipper did a great job of telling you how to get there and the basic details of the Mulberry/Springdale Doggy Park. I LOVE this dog park; it is so much better than the Paradise Park (except that the Paradise Park has all those lovely shade trees. Anyway, this park is clean, the dogs and owners are friendly, the water for the dogs is always fresh. Hilary should have her rabies tag on her collar. You don't need to bring any paperwork with you other than your Villages ID. Hope Hilary enjoys this park as much as the other doggies do.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.