Dog Running Loose - Hillsborough/Lake Deaton Area 5/5/16

Closed Thread
Old 05-09-2016, 06:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Found. Beautiful word that. Many thanks to all of you who tirelessly searched.

Last edited by graciegirl; 05-09-2016 at 06:52 PM.
Old 05-09-2016, 07:16 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Think his dog brain learned it's lesson or what ? Only time will tell.
Some dogs are runners, the rest aren't.
Lost my Duke when I was 8, he was a runner. I've always wondered what happened to him. I probably always will. [emoji240]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-09-2016, 07:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan G View Post
Chewy is safe and decompressing after his BIG adventure. He has a vet appointment in the morning to assess his needs.

Sorry for the delayed post but I have been very busy since we got him around 10am

Here's a photo of Chewy relaxing --notice he's sporting a new harness, collar and tag which we donated.
That picture is adorable...you know what he's thinking? I can't say it would be political but it has to do with someone named Donald! Just kidding take it easy. Thank God that beautiful animal is home. CHEWY
Old 05-09-2016, 07:28 PM

Chewy is MUCH more handsome Nucky!
Old 05-10-2016, 06:48 AM

Where was Chewy eventually found? Did he come to someone or did he go into a trap? I'm curious was to what method worked.
I'm an animal lover and dog owner too.
Old 05-10-2016, 03:17 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiefox10 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimnc View Post
Where was Chewy eventually found?
Jimnc, if you check out Angie's Facebook link, there is lots of great information there.
As a pet lover, you may wish to join "Lost Pets of The Villages".

Last edited by Barefoot; 05-10-2016 at 07:02 PM.
Old 05-10-2016, 03:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
If you check out Angie's Facebook link, there is lots of great information there.
As a pet lover, you may wish to join "Lost Pets of The Villages".
I did. One of the volunteer things I do in addition to my 224 613 Project and getting people to donate blood.
Old 05-11-2016, 05:44 AM
Location: Birmingham, AL, Destin, FL, St. Petersburg, FL, New Orleans, LA - Oct 2012 ~ Tamarind Grove
Default In Sanibel - Paige Villas

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimnc View Post
Where was Chewy eventually found? Did he come to someone or did he go into a trap? I'm curious was to what method worked.
I'm an animal lover and dog owner too.
Chewy did go into a trap on Sunday evening in Charlotte. The trap was too small - he backed out but not before polishing off the plate of stinky food as a resident watched. Monday morning he was cornered in Paige Villas in Sanibel around the corner from where the trap was. Kudos to the residents there who stood watch over him for an hour until the owner could get there. With high villa walls, there was only one way out, the exit was blocked with vehicles. Owner went to Cul-da-sac where Chewy was resting and all residents went inside to watch. After several tense minutes, Chewy belly crawled to him.

12 month old un-neutered Chewy is and has been a runner. "An ounce of PREVENTION is worth a pound of cure." Collar/Harness, Tags, Leash, Microchip
Old 05-11-2016, 08:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan G View Post
Chewy did go into a trap on Sunday evening in Charlotte. The trap was too small - he backed out but not before polishing off the plate of stinky food as a resident watched. Monday morning he was cornered in Paige Villas in Sanibel around the corner from where the trap was. Kudos to the residents there who stood watch over him for an hour until the owner could get there. With high villa walls, there was only one way out, the exit was blocked with vehicles. Owner went to Cul-da-sac where Chewy was resting and all residents went inside to watch. After several tense minutes, Chewy belly crawled to him.

12 month old un-neutered Chewy is and has been a runner. "An ounce of PREVENTION is worth a pound of cure." Collar/Harness, Tags, Leash, Microchip

Thank you to all who helped. I am sure that all of the right decisions will now be made to protect him and we have all learned much from sharing this hair raising chase.
Old 05-16-2016, 08:28 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I clicked on "Meet the Developer" & this article popped up. So since I'm here! Susan I'm a little surprise that chewy did go to the outside perimeter of the Villages or around the ponds & good thing he didn't, there's a lot of negative things there. Also I'm surprised that he didn't find his way home because he's hungry. Good luck finding him!
Closed Thread

Tags
chewy, nathan, city, fire, brownwood

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.