Dog' in strollers!

Closed Thread
Old 02-28-2013, 12:45 PM
Default Dog' in strollers!

Are you kidding me? I though you were supposed to walk dogs on a leash. Do the people know how stupid they look? When I do see a stroller with a baby in it I'm shocked! I have even seen people drive their golf cart with their dog running on the leash along side it. Unbelievable! Or how about going to the functions at the squares and having to watch your every step for fear of stepping on a dog. People, leave them home!!!!
Old 02-28-2013, 12:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

and one tiny wicked boy howdy too.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:50 PM
Sage

To each his own - unless they're tripping you up at the square!
Old 02-28-2013, 01:18 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

I'm getting the feeling that it's Groundhog Day! Oh wait a sec... maybe it is! I think I see Bill Murray walking by our place pushing a pooch in a stroller! I think I saw him yesterday, same time too!

The Villages Florida
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 02-28-2013, 01:23 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crummybuttons View Post
Are you kidding me? I though you were supposed to walk dogs on a leash. Do the people know how stupid they look? When I do see a stroller with a baby in it I'm shocked! I have even seen people drive their golf cart with their dog running on the leash along side it. Unbelievable! Or how about going to the functions at the squares and having to watch your every step for fear of stepping on a dog. People, leave them home!!!!
You will lots of stuff like that here. Very interesting place to live. My favorite. At LSL square having a beer in my cart. Gal,few feet down eating a ice cream cone,one lick for her,one lick for her dog. One lick for her and one lick for her dog.Then it was a gone. Never could understand that one. Strange.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Welcome to life in TV................very dog friendly place. Live and let live, so go enjoy life in TV and stop complaining because the only other alternative is to move.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Are you kidding me? I though you were supposed to walk dogs on a leash. Do the people know how stupid they look? When I do see a stroller with a baby in it I'm shocked! Or how about going to the functions at the squares and having to watch your every step for fear of stepping on a dog. People, leave them home!!!!
As you probably know, The Villages is a pet-friendly community. Most Villages allow two dogs per household. Dogs are permitted at The Town Squares. Why do you care if people push strollers with their dogs inside? You say you're concerned about stepping on dogs. I would think you'd be happy with this solution?
Old 02-28-2013, 01:50 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
WHATEVER

Y'know that part of your brain that tells you "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" I think I'm missing it.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:50 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiemom View Post
Welcome to life in TV................very dog friendly place. Live and let live, so go enjoy life in TV and stop complaining because the only other alternative is to move.
No,what I wrote is not complaining.However I beleive you are doing so.Talking about strange,do you think?Do not think I ever considered moving because of a person and a dog eating from the same cone. Talk about unsanitary. Have you considered moving since you brought that subject up.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:57 PM

We walked our pug in a stroller for years because he could not walk himself. Ever think of that? He could not use a dog hind legs wheel chair either. Your post certainly does sound like a complaint.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:03 PM
Platinum member

I don't get it, why does the stroller thing bother people so much?

Y'know that part of your brain that tells you "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" I think I'm missing it.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:32 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
You are only trying to stir the pot. If the person sharing ice cream with their dog truly bothered you than just look away.

Dogs get old or have back injuries and can not walk. If you have a problem with that as well, don't look.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:43 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Dear Crummy, sorry that dogs press your buttons but in order to have a peaceful life here in TV I suggest you get over it because they are here to stay whether in a stroller on on a leash. Viva doggies.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:47 PM
Email Reported As Spam

First disclosure...I am not fond of any kind of critters. I also try really really hard not to judge anyone or any one thing. However, sharing an ice cream cone with a dog about makes me want to . I never wanted sloppy wet kisses from girls and I sure don't want a dog licking my face. And the thought of wheeling a dog in a carriage makes me want to boy The Villages is certainly entertaining. And finally I hope I haven't hurt anyones feelings. I am just so uninformed about so much
Old 02-28-2013, 03:26 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by laceylady View Post
We walked our pug in a stroller for years because he could not walk himself. Ever think of that? He could not use a dog hind legs wheel chair either. Your post certainly does sound like a complaint.
Good for U, And I love u for it.
If someone does not like it they can kiss your K9's @$$

Chloe
&
Lulu
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.