Dog' in strollers!

Closed Thread
Old 02-28-2013, 05:10 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Ut-oh! I saw a bunch of dogs at Walmarts earlier today and I think they were buying squirt guns. I think they might be forming a Poochie Posse!
The Villages Florida
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 02-28-2013, 05:15 PM
Platinum member

Next thing you know someone will put a Bulldog on a skateboard then post it on youtube.

Chloe
&
Lulu
Old 02-28-2013, 05:23 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post
Ut-oh! I saw a bunch of dogs at Walmarts earlier today and I think they were buying squirt guns. I think they might be forming a Poochie Posse!
The Villages Florida
Oh No, Poor dogs, I would NEVER take my dogs to Walmart, you never know what they might catch sitting in the shopping cart.

Y'know that part of your brain that tells you "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" I think I'm missing it.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:24 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
First disclosure...I am not fond of any kind of critters. I also try really really hard not to judge anyone or any one thing. However, sharing an ice cream cone with a dog about makes me want to . I never wanted sloppy wet kisses from girls and I sure don't want a dog licking my face. And the thought of wheeling a dog in a carriage makes me want to boy The Villages is certainly entertaining. And finally I hope I haven't hurt anyones feelings. I am just so uninformed about so much
Thank You very much. But its hard to turn away when someone with their dog are eating a ice cream cone together.Germs,germs,germs.To me it was a sight to see. Wonder if they was their hands for dinner.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:52 PM
Gold member

I don't like to see dogs in strollers either, it just looks funny to me. But....what I saw in Walmart one day was even sillier. A woman pushed her cart into the Subway there with a baby in the seat part. She took her purse and went to order leaving the baby in the seat of the stroller. Another couple and I looked shocked and we all moved toward the stroller to make sure the baby was safe. The baby was safe, it was a life size dead ringer for a real baby, but was rubber and plastic ! Now I do understand that it fills a void for some people and that's ok, but it was scary at first to think someone left their real baby in a stroller unattended. Then we all had a good laugh!
Old 02-28-2013, 06:00 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulandjean View Post
Thank You very much. But its hard to turn away when someone with their dog are eating a ice cream cone together.Germs,germs,germs.To me it was a sight to see. Wonder if they was their hands for dinner.
My wife and I had several dogs during our marriage. I agree it is a bit "unusual" to share the same ice cream cone with your dog. That's a line that I wouldn't cross---and we loved our dogs. Also, I never saw the stroller "thing" until I moved to TV six years ago. The first one I saw from a distance six years ago----I thought it was somebody's baby in a stroller and I was thinking really that was sure an "ugly" one----it was a small bull dog! Nearly wrecked! Since that time, gotten use to it and don't pay attention. OP, trust me, you will soon get use to seeing dogs in a stroller.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:14 PM
Platinum member
Default Well if a don't care for a puppy in stroller

What do you think of a elephant going for a ride.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	10620  

Chloe
&
Lulu
Old 02-28-2013, 06:36 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
What do you think of a elephant going for a ride.
That's OK so long as they don't also bring them the squares for dancing at night!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 02-28-2013, 06:56 PM
Gold member

Do you notice the ads for strollers above Skyguy's post? Coincidence?????
Old 02-28-2013, 07:19 PM

Quote:
No,what I wrote is not complaining.However I beleive you are doing so.Talking about strange,do you think?Do not think I ever considered moving because of a person and a dog eating from the same cone. Talk about unsanitary. Have you considered moving since you brought that subject up.
I was responding to Crummybuttons the OP, not yours. The OP sure sounds like a complaint to me. You are quite sensitive................sorry.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:20 PM

Quote:
No,what I wrote is not complaining.However I beleive you are doing so.Talking about strange,do you think?Do not think I ever considered moving because of a person and a dog eating from the same cone. Talk about unsanitary. Have you considered moving since you brought that subject up.
I was responding to the OP, not yours. The OP sure sounds like a complaint to me. You are quite sensitive................sorry.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:47 PM
Gold member
Location: Philadelphia & Lower Gwynedd, PA, Ocean City, NJ, Wesley Chapel, FL and The Village of St. James

Geeezzzz Louise! Is everyone bored today with nothing better to do?
I want to address the "dog running along side golf cart" that was mentioned in the original post. My husband does this nightly with our Goldendoodle. Why you would ask ... for exercise. He's a runner, he loves to run, the dog that is, not my husband. Hubby used to ride his bike with our dog running along side of him but has been pulled over several times so, we thought it was a good idea to run alongside a slow moving cart instead. He doesn't do this on the cart path, just in our neighborhood, on the street where there is no traffic. We're not fond of the dog parks as you never know what you will encounter there so if you would like to come up with a better idea for exercise for a large dog, I would love to hear it.

Last edited by Phanatic Luvr; 02-28-2013 at 08:17 PM.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:17 PM

My Poochiewoochie needums wuv and confection. I have a leopard pattern stroller for my cuddly wudldly. We take our babykins everywhere . Anybody want to come to my furry friend birthday party? Heeeeeez sooo cute.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:30 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
Next thing you know someone will put a Bulldog on a skateboard then post it on youtube.
OK OK I just had to do it

ENJOY

Tillman the Skateboarding Bulldog Skates, Skimboards, and SURFS!! - YouTube
Old 02-28-2013, 08:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Bieniaszek View Post

I heard from a very unreliable source that Tillman was moving to TV along with sister Tilly who rides around in a stroller.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.