Dogs & Golf Carts

Closed Thread
Old 07-29-2013, 02:09 PM
Default Dogs & Golf Carts

We are moving to TV soon and I'm wondering how you travel with dogs in the cart. I have 2 dogs and a spouse, so how do you fit 4 of us in a cart ? I haven't seen pictures or ads for any kind of restraints, seats, etc. so I'm wondering what the norm is. Thanks in advance, I know I'll get plenty of good advice here.
Old 07-29-2013, 02:30 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

not safely i'd say! but that's just my opinion!

Old 07-29-2013, 02:47 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectreron View Post
We are moving to TV soon and I'm wondering how you travel with dogs in the cart. I have 2 dogs and a spouse, so how do you fit 4 of us in a cart ? I haven't seen pictures or ads for any kind of restraints, seats, etc. so I'm wondering what the norm is. Thanks in advance, I know I'll get plenty of good advice here.
My wife uses doggie seat belts to strap the dogs in and makes me run behind the cart..........
Old 07-29-2013, 03:06 PM
Veteran member

I usually leave my spouse at home with a chew toy and take the dog to the park!
Old 07-29-2013, 03:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
You will have to leave your wife at home and make the dogs take turns.

That's settled.
Old 07-29-2013, 03:28 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
How big are your dogs? Two small dogs could possibly sit between two adults in a cart. I've seen some interesting contraptions attached to the backs of carts to hold larger dogs, and there are dog seats that can be securely attached to the front seat, but they only leave room for one human. Just be sure that any restraint system you use is attached to your dog via a harness ...not a collar.
Old 07-29-2013, 03:35 PM
Veteran member

A neighbor of ours had a 4 seater. The wife rode in the back, his dog in the front! Another friend had two pugs and created a box behind the front seat for them.
Old 07-29-2013, 04:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
Sorry, appears we let you down
Old 07-29-2013, 04:38 PM
Sage

Our two dogs have never displayed any inclination to jump out of the golf cart. But we tether them in the cart, to be safe. Our 70 lb dog gets the back seat with Fireboy, who is her favorite human. Our 10 lb dog rides shotgun with me. Just to be safe, both dogs are attached to the cart by a leash attached to their harness. As Skybo wisely mentioned, please never tether your pets using a collar.
Old 07-29-2013, 04:38 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougB View Post
Sorry, appears we let you down
Not necessarily. Hopefully between the naysayers and jokes the OP will find some useful information to their question.

There are plenty of dogs who are safely driven around TV in golf carts. How to accomplish that just depends on the size of the dogs and configuration of the cart. But it can certainly be done.
Old 07-29-2013, 04:44 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybo View Post
Not necessarily. Hopefully between the naysayers and jokes the OP will find some useful information to their question.

There are plenty of dogs who are safely driven around TV in golf carts. How to accomplish that just depends on the size of the dogs and configuration of the cart. But it can certainly be done.
You and Barefoot actually both had good suggestions. My wife and I tried taking our beagles for a ride. One jumped out as soon as we stated going. Thankfully he was tethered to a harness and not a collar.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:41 PM
Default traveling dogs

We also have 2 dogs and have the safest way to move them in the cart...I bought a cage that fits in the back of the cart ( where golf clubs go ) and attached it very securly with bungy cords. it works like a charm..they are safe,we do not wsorry about them falling out..so for about $35.00 problem resolved...
Old 07-30-2013, 09:30 PM
Eternal Member

We have installed rear flip seats on carts & the seat turns down to a flat bed.
Then for some we have supplied two fleece lined dog beds whit leaches attached to the seat frame
Old 07-30-2013, 09:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by baileysdad View Post
We also have 2 dogs and have the safest way to move them in the cart...I bought a cage that fits in the back of the cart ( where golf clubs go ) and attached it very securly with bungy cords. it works like a charm..they are safe,we do not wsorry about them falling out..so for about $35.00 problem resolved...
Sound like a very safe solution. How large are your dogs?
Old 07-31-2013, 06:56 AM
Veteran member

The dogs can sit on the seat, the wife on a collar, walking behind :-)
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.