dogs not on leashes

Closed Thread
Old 02-16-2018, 04:25 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,519 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
Just today I was outside and my dog was on a long leash that does not reach the street and a nice lady with a little poodle asked if it was safe to walk past my driveway with her dog. I told her he could not reach the street but went over and held him by the collar just to make her feel more comfortable as he does bark when dogs go past the house. It only takes a minute to do things right and prevent confrontations.
This is a nice and proper way to address the issue by BOTH parties! Thank you both for being good neighbors and dog owners. If only we could get more people to act in such a courteous manner.

Old 02-16-2018, 06:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
Yeah. We get it
Yeah. Most do.
Old 02-16-2018, 10:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
It only takes a minute to do things right and prevent confrontations.
I'm sure that most of you read in the online newspaper about the dalmatian that attacked the cairn terrier.
The owner decided to euthanize the dalmatian, and she offered to pay the vet bill for the cairn terrier.
A very sad story for both pet owners, and an important lesson to be learned.
Please don't leave your dog outside unsupervised, even if he is tied up.
And please use a leash, it's very important.
Old 02-16-2018, 10:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I'm sure that most of you read in the online newspaper about the dalmatian that attacked the cairn terrier.
The owner decided to euthanize the dalmatian, and she offered to pay the vet bill for the cairn terrier.
A very sad story for both pet owners, and an important lesson to be learned.
Please don't leave your dog outside unsupervised, even if he is tied up.
And please use a leash, it's very important.
About 15 minutes ago Mrs. Nucky said I have the green light for another dog. I'm going to wait a bit but it feels great. Using a leash is great advice Mrs. Barefoot, I'm going to take mine off now. LOL
Old 02-16-2018, 11:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
About 15 minutes ago Mrs. Nucky said I have the green light for another dog. I'm going to wait a bit but it feels great. Using a leash is great advice Mrs. Barefoot, I'm going to take mine off now. LOL
Hooray for you and Mrs. Nucky!
Old 02-16-2018, 11:20 PM
Sage

Quote:

As soon as...the new child must
post pics of you guys together !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-16-2018, 11:25 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57
Talking

Quote:
Congrats on your release! Those shock collars do work!
Old 02-17-2018, 07:59 AM

I would call Community Standards and ask them to come and speak to the irresponsible dog owner if you are not comfortable. Good luck.
Old 02-18-2018, 09:17 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
As Bogie wisely suggested in Post 2, call Animal Services if you're uncomfortable.
Old 02-18-2018, 09:19 AM
Sage

Quote:
About 15 minutes ago Mrs. Nucky said I have the green light for another dog.
Great news!
Old 02-18-2018, 09:30 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thumbs down Never feel Threatened

You should NEVER feel threatened on your property or enjoying the neighborhood, etc. Call animal control and also the Sheriff and report a threatening animal. These people do not deserve consideration as they are not providing it.
Old 02-19-2018, 07:07 AM

Not much you can do if the dog stays in his own yard unless of course their barking becomes a noise nuisance. However, once they set foot out of their yard, not on a leash, call your county animal control and lodge a complain. After a neighbor's dog relieved himself in our front yard that was enough. Animal control was out within an hour and the dog has been restrained to it's own yard ever since.
Old 02-19-2018, 07:18 AM

While on the subject of our furry little pets, whats the code on dogs using other neighbors lawns as a feces or urine deposit ?. This is whether the animal is on a lease or not and allegedly the feces is picked up by the owner / pet walker.
Why can't the dog walker walk their animal IN FRONT OF THEIR OWN HOME!!!! and not their neighbors. This issue has probably been come arise in the past , but I still don't know the outcome by the Village Regs.
Old 02-19-2018, 07:21 AM

I am also new to The Villages. One of our across-the-street neighbors has two dogs (one large, and the other medium sized) who are not leashed, but never bark or leave their property. I can see their house from my front window. There is a dogie door through a garage door on the side of the house, which is visable from the street. I do not know if there is another dogie door from inside of the garage into the house, or if the dogs live in the garage. The dogs are not always out, and they are not always out together. When they are out, their owners are rarely out supervising them and they can roam around their entire over-sized yard (front, side and back). They look clean, well-fed and cared for. Either these dogs are extremely well trained, or there is an invisable, electronic fence around the property. Either way, I do not see an issue. They appear to be very nice dogs and I think it is nice that they have the freedom to enjoy their yard.
Old 02-19-2018, 07:34 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaseydog View Post
new neighbors moved in on my block. they let their dog out without a leash. dog runs on their front lawn & neighbors lawn. lots of yelling to get dog under control. dogs in the villages are supposed to be leashed when outside. i'm not sure how to handle this.
I don't have a pet for one reason or another, but I assume this is a Villages rule or law. I wouldn't think you would have to handle it yourself, since it's a Village rule or law, call The Villages & tell them to handle it.
Closed Thread

Tags
dog, dogs, lawn, neighbors, villages

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.