Dogs in shopping carts

Closed Thread
Old 10-26-2022, 05:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,388 Times in 2,523 Posts

If the powers that be, wont use the powers they have, forget it.
Old 10-26-2022, 08:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

///
Old 10-26-2022, 08:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
I have not heard of any homeowner insurance that is breed selective in FL.
homeinsured dot org/article 12-dog-breeds-florida-home-insurers-refuse-to-cover
Old 10-26-2022, 08:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
homeinsured dot org/article 12-dog-breeds-florida-home-insurers-refuse-to-cover
I have several friends in TV who own some of the breeds. Not every insurance company restricts dog breeds.
Old 10-26-2022, 10:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
The breed of dog known as Bulldog is not the #1 breed for attacking and killing humans. In fact, they tend to have a pretty docile temperament.

You may be confusing the Bulldog with what is commonly known as a Pit Bull. These are different dogs. What people refer to as "Pit Bull" is often any of several different breed mixes. The most common is the American Pit Bull Terrier, which descent from Old English Terriers bred with Old English Bulldogs. Both of those ancestors are now extinct. American Pit Bull Terriers were been traditionally bred for blood sports (dog fighting mostly). But they were trained to be aggressive, often tortured and starved so that when they entered the fight they would be incredibly vicious. Combined with the strength of their bite as a result of their jaw structure, they could easily latch onto a limb and simply not let go, until the limb is completely severed. That's how they got their reputation.

While they absolutely can be incredibly dangerous, and can kill people - most of them don't. Most of them, now, are raised as pets rather than fighting dogs. But they are work animals and require a "job" or they can get bored - and frustrated - and lash out as a result.
True. I did confuse the breeds bulldog and American Pit Bull. It is the Pit Bull that I tried to rail against. I used the term Pit Bull in another post. What I was trying to inform the Forum about was - that there is one breed that tops the list, by far, for aggressive behavior and biting of humans and even being so dangerous as to killing a number of infant babies every year. And I believe it is the Pit Bull. I think that this subject would be good to talk about as it relates well to this thread. Basically, all dog breeds are not the same as to their aggressiveness and danger to humans. For example, contrast a Labrador Retriever to a Pit Bull.
Old 10-26-2022, 12:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,647 Times in 1,517 Posts

It seems that some insurance carriers are leaving the state. And it's not due to dog breeds they refuse to insure.
Old 10-26-2022, 12:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,537 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
I have a daughter that seems like a walking, talking encyclopedia too. I tease her by calling her Cliff Clavin when she gets carried away.
Cliff Clavin never actually looked up anything he said.

I am a product of the internet age, starting my online education in 1990 with the advent of personal computers being in every household and telnet and bulletin board systems (BBS). So from the time I was 29 years old, til now, at the ripe old age of 61, I've involved the internet in my life.

I've spent many years learning /how/ to research stuff. Knowing what to dismiss, what to question further, what sources to consider as factual, which ones to be more curious about. I've delved DEEP into the "rabbit hole" of data for the past thirty years. Some of it was related to my job, where I was required to "look stuff up." You learn all kinds of stuff about a single topic, when you learn which questions to ask.
Closed Thread

Tags
dogs, dog, food, upset, store

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.