Dogs in shopping carts

Closed Thread
Old 10-23-2022, 08:26 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,132 Times in 812 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
A guy walks into a bar and there is a dog behind the bar licking his privates.

The guy says to the bartender, "I wish I could do that".

The bartender says "go ahead, he won't mind".
Good One
Old 10-24-2022, 04:52 AM
Default Dog in Church

Saturday night mass a lady brought a small dog in a dog carrier into church. She sat down in a chair & the dog didn't make a peep. Obviously not a service dog. Seriously.
Old 10-24-2022, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Even worse are people that walk around pushing their dogs in a stroller. How happy can the poor dog be not be able to get out and sniff its surroundings
We have a stroller for our dog. He is now 14 years old and while he still wants to get outside and go for walks, his legs don’t last long and then he is sore the next day. The stroller allows him to still get outside and see things.
Old 10-24-2022, 05:32 AM
Default For the people who take their dog shopping????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boe39 View Post
Went into Lady Lake store yesterday, and for the 3rd time I saw a lady with a dog in a cart(not a PTSD dog). I finally said something to 3 employees who said they were just as upset about it but their hands were tied by there managers. They were told they didn't want to upset there customers? What about those of us that don't want to put food in a cart where a dog's bare but, and genitals were just laying on. Also my wife is afraid, and allergic to dogs. We will no longer shop in Sam's Club or any food store that allows this policy. I do own a non-allergenic cat(Bengal), maybe I will start bringing him shopping at these stores.
For the people who take their dog shopping at The Grocery Store or for that matter any Store???????? LEAVE YOUR DOG HOME!!!!!!!!! Most dogs I see in the stores are not a SERVICE DOG. IF you can see you don't need your DOG to go shopping with you. I know, next time you go for a Doctors visit take your Dog with you. Maybe Dr. Shrink can figure YOU out.
Old 10-24-2022, 05:37 AM

[QUOTE=Stu from NYC;2150109]Even worse are people that walk around pushing their dogs in a stroller. How happy can the poor dog be not be able to get out and sniff its surroundings[/QUOTE
There are many reasons to use a stroller, I use mine because I have small dogs with little legs and they can't walk long without overheating. It keeps them off the neighbors lawns, from getting fleas, and from getting hurt in crowds. They love viewing the world at a higher level. They beg to get in the stroller, even when I'm trying to get them some exercise. It is especially good for my senior dog who has difficulty with movement. However I'm agreement with previous post my dogs don't come shopping with me they don't come to lunch with me they don't go in stores with me . The stroller is a matter of convenience and safety for me and my dogs outdoor activity.
Old 10-24-2022, 05:37 AM
Veteran member

their
Old 10-24-2022, 05:42 AM

: )
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
John Stuart Mill
Old 10-24-2022, 05:43 AM

Your choice!
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
John Stuart Mill
Old 10-24-2022, 05:46 AM

Pets are above most peoples Kids
John Stuart Mill
Old 10-24-2022, 05:48 AM
Default Strollers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Even worse are people that walk around pushing their dogs in a stroller. How happy can the poor dog be not be able to get out and sniff its surroundings
Some puppers are old and arthritic. The stroller is a means to let the dog get a little enjoyment from the outdoors without making him walk painfully.
Old 10-24-2022, 05:52 AM

Real service dogs DO NOT ride in carts
Old 10-24-2022, 05:53 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
Not sure the police will arrest some old lady bringing a dog into A store.
the use of the bowl not the dog.....
Old 10-24-2022, 06:06 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,142 Times in 883 Posts

It personally doesn't bother me to see dogs in establishments or carts. Yes the bare butt on cart may not be the most hygienic but I don't put groceries in that top area and have acquired a great hand washing routine since Covid that probably prevents me from getting any residual butt remnants into me. Dogs always make me smile, but if you're allergic, I can see how that would be more of an issue.
Old 10-24-2022, 06:07 AM

A lady walked into my dentist office about 3 months back. I asked the receptionist if the health department allowed that she said she was told it was a service dog. It weighed about 2 lbs., maybe it could pull its owners socks off.
Old 10-24-2022, 06:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,914 Times in 4,142 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by La lamy View Post
It personally doesn't bother me to see dogs in establishments or carts. Yes the bare butt on cart may not be the most hygienic but I don't put groceries in that top area and have acquired a great hand washing routine since Covid that probably prevents me from getting any residual butt remnants into me. Dogs always make me smile, but if you're allergic, I can see how that would be more of an issue.
Meanwhile, other people do use that top area and put unwrapped produce there. And hand washing is an excellent suggestion, but not because of COVID, which is not transmitted in that fashion.
Closed Thread

Tags
dogs, dog, food, upset, store

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.