What it takes....

Closed Thread
Old 01-08-2012, 02:01 PM
Sage
Default What it takes....

to rescue a dog or cat.

This was sent to me by a rescuer I used to work with. This hopefully will give you an idea as to what it takes to save these little guys! I sent her a note telling her I was sharing her thank you and she felt bad that she forgot to thank the pilots and truck drivers who transport they furbabbies! Yep... They get trucked and flown to safety! It takes a village!

Let me start with Kim, OUR TRANSPORT CO. She puts up with my memory loss, adding dogs, deleting dogs and mistakes all week long and usually week after week and month after month and she DOESN'T COMPLAIN AT ALL. I can never thank you enough Kim for all you do for me and for the dogs. People have no idea what all you go through but I do and I truly appreciate you!!!!
Drivers, oh my gosh, what all can I say.... You are wonderful. YOU care about the animals. You give up your weekends, gas, time and energy to move these animals, keep them safe, warm, fed, walked and then on top of all that they poop in your car. NOT aromatic poop...the real stinky, awful stuff. Yet you keep on doing this. If it isn't poop it's pee and throw up. Now that is true love of the animals to put up with that week after week. How can I ever thank you enough. It doesn't sound like enough..it isn't enough. Thank you for giving all you give to make sure they get to their safe havens. Thank you for caring about them. Thank you for all you do.
I really do appreciate you and I can't express it enough. FOR THOSE THAT DON'T KNOW THESE DRIVERS GET UP AT 4 AM TO PICK UP THE DOGS, DRIVERS ARE DRIVING THEM AT 10 AND 11 PM AT NIGHT TO MEET THE RECEIVING RESCUES. They sacrifice their weekends to transport these dogs.
Receiving rescues...thank you for taking our dogs. I know you get hundreds of emails a day begging you to take dogs out of high Kill facilities, over worked small rescues like me begging you to take dogs and you do. Thank you...they don't have a chance here. Once they get to you I know they will be treated like family, given the best of care, the adopters screened well and going to the best possible homes you can find.
Nothing warms my heart as much as getting a email or call from a family who has adopted one of our dogs and they want me to know how much they love them. I have dogs up north that are now therapy dogs, companion dogs, agility dogs, service dogs and have made a difference in the lives of many people who love them. I see them and wonder how anyone here could have thrown them away like garbage...how did they abandon them to starve, die from disease, heart worms, hit by cars, freeze to death, have litter after litter that they let die and staying here means death or worse, suffering and abuse.
IF the people who cross post our emails didn't take the time, if the fosters who keep the animals in their homes said no , or if the Animal Control Officers didn't work with us and care or if you the receiving rescues didn't take our dogs, we couldn't save them. If you drivers didn't drive them we couldn't save them,if Kim (and Kerin) didn't transport them we couldn't save them. It truly takes a whole net work to do what we do and I am so thankful for each and every one of you.
To you DONORS, thank you for your support. Without your support none of it will ever happen. No money, No rescue. I beg and beg month after month and you keep us going. I wish I had other means of support but we don't. If we do 4 adoptions in a year we had a good year. The few who do care enough to help around here try hard. There just isn't any support here to speak of, not enough to keep us going , so donors, thank you and let me know if I ever forget to say thank you loud enough!!!! I apologize now for all the begging I will be doing this year ahead of time. Any ideas on how to get money will be taken seriously..just email me.
We come together so well to make a BIG powerful force . YOU make it all work. Thank you. I love each of you. MOST OF ALL Thank you for putting up with my memory problems, lack of physical ability and my anal retentive personality.. I get stressed and upset, but I'm hanging in there.
Laura Holloway
SEMO Animal Rescue Alliance, Inc
Old 01-08-2012, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiefox10 View Post
to rescue a dog or cat.

This was sent to me by a rescuer I used to work with. This hopefully will give you an idea as to what it takes to save these little guys! I sent her a note telling her I was sharing her thank you and she felt bad that she forgot to thank the pilots and truck drivers who transport they furbabbies! Yep... They get trucked and flown to safety! It takes a village!

Let me start with Kim, OUR TRANSPORT CO. She puts up with my memory loss, adding dogs, deleting dogs and mistakes all week long and usually week after week and month after month and she DOESN'T COMPLAIN AT ALL. I can never thank you enough Kim for all you do for me and for the dogs. People have no idea what all you go through but I do and I truly appreciate you!!!!
Drivers, oh my gosh, what all can I say.... You are wonderful. YOU care about the animals. You give up your weekends, gas, time and energy to move these animals, keep them safe, warm, fed, walked and then on top of all that they poop in your car. NOT aromatic poop...the real stinky, awful stuff. Yet you keep on doing this. If it isn't poop it's pee and throw up. Now that is true love of the animals to put up with that week after week. How can I ever thank you enough. It doesn't sound like enough..it isn't enough. Thank you for giving all you give to make sure they get to their safe havens. Thank you for caring about them. Thank you for all you do.
I really do appreciate you and I can't express it enough. FOR THOSE THAT DON'T KNOW THESE DRIVERS GET UP AT 4 AM TO PICK UP THE DOGS, DRIVERS ARE DRIVING THEM AT 10 AND 11 PM AT NIGHT TO MEET THE RECEIVING RESCUES. They sacrifice their weekends to transport these dogs.
Receiving rescues...thank you for taking our dogs. I know you get hundreds of emails a day begging you to take dogs out of high Kill facilities, over worked small rescues like me begging you to take dogs and you do. Thank you...they don't have a chance here. Once they get to you I know they will be treated like family, given the best of care, the adopters screened well and going to the best possible homes you can find.
Nothing warms my heart as much as getting a email or call from a family who has adopted one of our dogs and they want me to know how much they love them. I have dogs up north that are now therapy dogs, companion dogs, agility dogs, service dogs and have made a difference in the lives of many people who love them. I see them and wonder how anyone here could have thrown them away like garbage...how did they abandon them to starve, die from disease, heart worms, hit by cars, freeze to death, have litter after litter that they let die and staying here means death or worse, suffering and abuse.
IF the people who cross post our emails didn't take the time, if the fosters who keep the animals in their homes said no , or if the Animal Control Officers didn't work with us and care or if you the receiving rescues didn't take our dogs, we couldn't save them. If you drivers didn't drive them we couldn't save them,if Kim (and Kerin) didn't transport them we couldn't save them. It truly takes a whole net work to do what we do and I am so thankful for each and every one of you.
To you DONORS, thank you for your support. Without your support none of it will ever happen. No money, No rescue. I beg and beg month after month and you keep us going. I wish I had other means of support but we don't. If we do 4 adoptions in a year we had a good year. The few who do care enough to help around here try hard. There just isn't any support here to speak of, not enough to keep us going , so donors, thank you and let me know if I ever forget to say thank you loud enough!!!! I apologize now for all the begging I will be doing this year ahead of time. Any ideas on how to get money will be taken seriously..just email me.
We come together so well to make a BIG powerful force . YOU make it all work. Thank you. I love each of you. MOST OF ALL Thank you for putting up with my memory problems, lack of physical ability and my anal retentive personality.. I get stressed and upset, but I'm hanging in there.
Laura Holloway
SEMO Animal Rescue Alliance, Inc

Thanks for sharing, Angie. I never realized how much how it does take a village to make this happen. These wonderful volunteers deserve a world of thanks!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.