Dogs in The Villages?

Closed Thread
Old 12-16-2011, 11:18 PM

Well, it's o.k. now. Peanut has gone to his forever home with a wonderful retired couple who are enjoying spoiling him rotten...even worse than he was here! I took my time and found the right family for him...I bawled my eyes out for days after he left but I know he's in the right home and we do keep in touch...I sure miss that little brat though!

So now it's just me, my husband and the girls
Old 12-17-2011, 05:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanormalgirl View Post
Well, it's o.k. now. Peanut has gone to his forever home with a wonderful retired couple who are enjoying spoiling him rotten...even worse than he was here! I took my time and found the right family for him...I bawled my eyes out for days after he left but I know he's in the right home and we do keep in touch...I sure miss that little brat though!

So now it's just me, my husband and the girls
OH NO. I was teasing about the two. AND you gave away your third doggie??? I am sick. It is true that you can start out with how many you have but aren't supposed to replace them when they finish living. I am SO sorry, if you did this because of my post. Please, can you possibly get him back?

Oh What have I done?????

I am so sorry.
Old 12-17-2011, 06:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanormalgirl View Post
Thank you. I have a little rescue boy, along with my 2 girls, and I'm having a hard time accepting the fact that I will have to let him go. I know, that's the chance you take with rescue but I've invested a lot of love and time in him......I guess I was hoping he was already in his permanant home. Darned rules.
OH Normalgirl. What have I done? I was teasing and now because of my careless behavior you have given up your dear pet.

Please can you get him back.

I am so sorry. You can have three.

I am sick about what I typed thinking I was being cute. We have three kittles and no one has checked or cared.

Oh NO!!
Old 12-17-2011, 08:30 AM
Veteran member
Default Group Walk?

So now that I have read the answer to the question I was afraid to ask, is it ok for me to go out in public with my 3 dogs on a group walk all at once? I understand I can't replace the third when he passes, but will I get anyone giving me grief if they are all out together or should I only take 2 at a time? What if my husband has number 3 with him? I am new to TV and closing next month so I don't want to start off on a bad foot (or 12 bad feet as the case may be). My dogs are VERY large and not easy to ignore when on a leash but not barkers and we have a CYV so no one will see or hear them at home.
Old 12-17-2011, 09:04 AM
Location: Too many to mention, then Loveland, OH; Poinciana then Fernandina!

lovsthosebigdogs, please check your private messages for a note I sent you...
"Dogs come into our lives to teach us about love, they depart to teach us about loss. A new dog never replaces an old dog; it merely expands the heart. If you have loved many dogs your heart is very big " Erica Jong
Old 12-17-2011, 09:05 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovsthosebigdogs View Post
So now that I have read the answer to the question I was afraid to ask, is it ok for me to go out in public with my 3 dogs on a group walk all at once? I understand I can't replace the third when he passes, but will I get anyone giving me grief if they are all out together or should I only take 2 at a time? What if my husband has number 3 with him? I am new to TV and closing next month so I don't want to start off on a bad foot (or 12 bad feet as the case may be). My dogs are VERY large and not easy to ignore when on a leash but not barkers and we have a CYV so no one will see or hear them at home.
You will not be breaking any rules, ordinances or laws. Unfortunately you may raise a few eye brows but ignore them. If anyone gives you any grief it is their problem. Anyone who nitpicks over the number of dogs you are walking probably makes a career out giving grief to others. Just enjoy The Villages along with all three dogs.

I am no longer a dog owner, or I might say, owned by a dog. However if your dogs are labs of any color or any mix thereof, I would love to meet them.
Old 12-17-2011, 09:56 AM
Sage

Quote:
If I were you, I'd walk with my hubby and have him take at least one of the three dogs. Or better yet, especially since they are very large dogs, take them all to the the private dog park, Doggie Doo Run Run, on CR 101. It is very inexpensive and they can run off leash to their heart's content. (We pay $30 per month for two dogs and the staff there picks up the poop)!

Our by-law says two domestic pets per household. There seems to be a verbal, unwritten "law", that says you can have three dogs until one passes over the Rainbow Bridge. I find that most residents in TV love dogs and always ask if they can pat them. However, for me, I'd hate to have a walk ruined by one of the few "busy-bodies" who might need to comment.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
OH Normalgirl. What have I done? I was teasing and now because of my careless behavior you have given up your dear pet.

Please can you get him back.

I am so sorry. You can have three.

I am sick about what I typed thinking I was being cute. We have three kittles and no one has checked or cared.

Oh NO!!
Gracie you are so sweet...you have done absolutely nothing wrong...I just emailed you
Old 12-17-2011, 11:58 AM
Gold member

Quote:
You are within the "rules" to have your three dogs. Don't let a few crabs ruin your enjoyment of walking your dogs. If you are in a CYV almost everyone will have dogs and they will not say anything about a third dog. They all asked the same question you did and got the same answer: you can bring all your dogs, but you can not replace them as they pass and you need to wind up with two.They know you are OK. If someone rats you out, its OK because of the above. It is hard to walk your dog in a CYV because everyone wants to pet them, say hi, give them a doggie cookie, etc. We even had a dog trick or treat this halloween and the girls are still enjoying all the wonderful treats they got.
Old 12-17-2011, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladydoc View Post
You are within the "rules" to have your three dogs. Don't let a few crabs ruin your enjoyment of walking your dogs. If you are in a CYV almost everyone will have dogs and they will not say anything about a third dog. They all asked the same question you did and got the same answer: you can bring all your dogs, but you can not replace them as they pass and you need to wind up with two.They know you are OK. If someone rats you out, its OK because of the above. It is hard to walk your dog in a CYV because everyone wants to pet them, say hi, give them a doggie cookie, etc. We even had a dog trick or treat this halloween and the girls are still enjoying all the wonderful treats they got.
A dog trick or treat...I love it! I always wondered what trick or treating would be like in a retirement community...never thought about taking the dogs door to door!
Old 12-17-2011, 04:22 PM
Veteran member
Default Whew!

That's great to know and I feel better already. We are pretty much a spectacle when we walk and my dogs are registered Therapy Dogs so they are very friendly and interested in people. They think everyone is out walking to interact with them so it won't be a problem if anyone wants to stop and say hi or if they choose to walk on by. We are planning on going to the Doggy Do Run after we move down full time also. We visited and loved it. Sorry, not labs, bigger dogs than that. I LOVE how dog friendly TV is and that is one of the reasons we decided to buy here. I am so looking forward to making a lot of new dog friends. Thanks for the reassuring words everyone.
Old 12-17-2011, 06:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
That's great to know and I feel better already. We are pretty much a spectacle when we walk and my dogs are registered Therapy Dogs so they are very friendly and interested in people. They think everyone is out walking to interact with them so it won't be a problem if anyone wants to stop and say hi or if they choose to walk on by. We are planning on going to the Doggy Do Run after we move down full time also. We visited and loved it. Sorry, not labs, bigger dogs than that. I LOVE how dog friendly TV is and that is one of the reasons we decided to buy here. I am so looking forward to making a lot of new dog friends. Thanks for the reassuring words everyone.
My husband and I both love big dogs. That is Lollipop in my avatar. She weighs 70 lbs but has long legs so she is quite tall. (Also my little dog, Biggins, but you can hardly see him.). I'd love to see a picture of your dogs.
Old 12-17-2011, 06:26 PM
Sage
Default More than 2 are grandfathered in

Quote:
Hi Lovesthosebigdogs,
Are they Great Danes? St. Bernard's? I love big dogs too, though I have a small one.

... Say, you could always get your third dog to wear a sign that says Grandfather.
Old 12-17-2011, 08:58 PM
Veteran member

Barefoot, Lollipop is the CUTEST and I just love her fuzzy face. She has a face that you want to bury yourself in with puppy kisses. I wanted to ask you what kind of dog she is; absolutely adorable!! I like all dogs, actually, big ones and small ones. I fostered a small one last year and it was kind of fun to have a dog you could pick up and carry around. A novelty for us since we don't get to do that ever even with puppies after a couple of months. Ok, we currently have a Great Pyrenees who won't make it to TV with us when we finally move here full time because he isn't in very good health and is VERY old (he'll stay behind with my son when we come down to TV for our visits) and we'll bring our 2 Borzoi and our 'small' dog the greyhound. We know greyhounds aren't small but they are the smallest in our house. When we arrive in TV after we rent our house for a bit the 3 we bring will be the hounds, the borzoi (Russian Wolfhounds) and the greyhound. Technically we have 4 but only 3 will ever be here so I think that still counts for the rules.
I don't have any idea how to get a picture up here. In fact, I am struggling now because I have a new laptop and I am struggling because I have a new laptop and can't remember my password for this account and want to use it for this message board also. Does anyone know how to get my password sent to me? I tried asking for a resend once and it never came. I don't know how I did that or I would try again. So frustrating to have so MANY passwords everywhere!
Old 12-18-2011, 12:45 AM
Sage

Quote:
Barefoot, Lollipop is the CUTEST and I just love her fuzzy face. She has a face that you want to bury yourself in with puppy kisses. I wanted to ask you what kind of dog she is; absolutely adorable!! I like all dogs, actually, big ones and small ones. I fostered a small one last year and it was kind of fun to have a dog you could pick up and carry around. A novelty for us since we don't get to do that ever even with puppies after a couple of months. Ok, we currently have a Great Pyrenees who won't make it to TV with us when we finally move here full time because he isn't in very good health and is VERY old (he'll stay behind with my son when we come down to TV for our visits) and we'll bring our 2 Borzoi and our 'small' dog the greyhound. We know greyhounds aren't small but they are the smallest in our house. When we arrive in TV after we rent our house for a bit the 3 we bring will be the hounds, the borzoi (Russian Wolfhounds) and the greyhound. Technically we have 4 but only 3 will ever be here so I think that still counts for the rules.

I don't have any idea how to get a picture up here. In fact, I am struggling
now because I have a new laptop and I am struggling because I have a new
laptop and can't remember my password for this account and want to use it
for this message board also. Does anyone know how to get my password sent
to me? I tried asking for a resend once and it never came. I don't know how I
did that or I would try again. So frustrating to have so MANY passwords
everywhere!
I click on the red triangle in the post to talk to the Admin. They will send your password in an e-mail. I don't think that is the proper way to contact them, but I'm challenged, especially on my iPad!

Lollipop is a Portugese Water Dog who had three homes before we rescued her. We absolutely adore her. Your dogs sound great, I can hardly wait to meet them.

Last edited by Barefoot; 12-18-2011 at 12:39 PM.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.