Dogs vs Snakes

Closed Thread
Old 11-08-2009, 09:56 PM
Default Dogs vs Snakes

I plan to move to TV soon. I have a very curious dog and wouldn't want him to "find" a coral or rattlesnake. Is that a problem in TV or are the lakes and conservation areas pretty much snake-free? Also, do gators like dog meat?
Old 11-09-2009, 09:24 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Gators love any type of small animals and we do have gators in some of the local ponds around TV. It is highly recommended tat you do not let your small animal (or even a small child) run loose unleashed or unsupervised around a small body of water. Even if in the past that pond was free of gators, you never know when they may call it home...especially in the spring after mating

Snakes are also here in TV but mostly black snakes that are harmeless. However there are the "bad" snakes and they will coil and attack if threathened..and will easily reach a small dog who found something interesting and is barking at it. Such attacks are rare for in 3 years I only saw one rattler and it was in Ocala National Forest that spooked my horse while riding...scared the h_ll out of me...and it happened quick!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.