Emma claims new bed

Closed Thread
Old 08-09-2013, 12:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

[QUOTE=Barefoot;722610]How I love happy dog threads! The story about Meg and Bear taking turns in the princess bed is so cute!

We adopted Lollipop when she was 3 and weighed 70 lbs. That's way too big to sleep on the bed, right? Fireboy and I agreed that the dog would never be allowed to get up on human furniture. She has a comfortable thick bed in every room.

Three years later, Fireboy has fallen madly in love with Lollipop. She learned very quickly that he is the permissive one, and I'm the bad one. She never gets up on furniture when I'm around. But the rest of the time she takes great delight in sleeping wherever she wants. Of course, she jumps down when she hears my footsteps in the hall, and innocently pretends she's been sleeping on her dog bed the whole time.[/QUOTE

Boy, do you have that one right! My husband never wanted a dog. 18 years ago he went out of town, and our younger son and I went out and got one. The cute puppy was ignored by Ron until he was about four months old. I have pictures of Ron lying on the couch, Bear lying on top of Ron, and they're both watching tv. Ron was the one who first invited Bear up onto the bed (fortunately, it made Bear too hot, so he would jump down after 10 minutes). And he was also the one who started feeding him from the table, turning him into a beggar.

Luckily, the beggaring was annoying enough that with Crosby, he has never fed him people food. But the lengths he goes to caring for Crosby is amazing for someone who never wanted the first puppy, or the second puppy, and who won't want the third puppy!
Old 08-10-2013, 02:11 PM
Sage

Our pets have us well trained LOL.
Old 08-10-2013, 02:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Kitty.

Only the singles have been invited to your house which looks to be quite lovely.

Can you share more pictures for us?
Yeah, we doubles wanna see too!
Old 08-10-2013, 06:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Yeah, we doubles wanna see too!
ditto
Old 08-10-2013, 09:06 PM
Veteran member

Hearing all these dog stories of people wrapped around paws makes me laugh! My dogs are never allowed on furniture, well, so I think. I had gotten my rescue Borzoi, Mishka and brought him with me to a beach resort one year and he had NEVER been on furniture but when I came out of the bathroom one morning there he was, making himself at home on the bed with his head on the pillow. He looked up at me like, Yeah, so what? It was so funny I sent the picture to the Borzoi Rescue who gave him to me. They liked it so much they have been using it in their National Rescue brochure ever since.
http://www.nbrf.org/brochure.pdf
Old 08-10-2013, 09:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovsthosebigdogs View Post
Hearing all these dog stories of people wrapped around paws makes me laugh! My dogs are never allowed on furniture, well, so I think. I had gotten my rescue Borzoi, Mishka and brought him with me to a beach resort one year and he had NEVER been on furniture but when I came out of the bathroom one morning there he was, making himself at home on the bed with his head on the pillow. He looked up at me like, Yeah, so what? It was so funny I sent the picture to the Borzoi Rescue who gave him to me. They liked it so much they have been using it in their National Rescue brochure ever since.
http://www.nbrf.org/brochure.pdf
Thank you for posting that brochure. The borzois have such nice, friendly looking faces!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.