fenced in yard, 2 dogs. Looking for home in the Villages.

Closed Thread
Old 07-05-2023, 07:00 AM

Check out the home search on-line, thevillages.com, pre-owned. The house listing VLS239688 on Kate Court. It's an incredible neighborhood, very dog-friendly, and great house with fenced yard. Best of luck.

Last edited by sallyg; 07-05-2023 at 07:08 AM. Reason: Emoji didn't display properly.
Old 07-05-2023, 07:12 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,377 Times in 500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by westernrider75 View Post
We have a courtyard villa villa and also have dogs. It works well for us, we only let them out supervised and also to make sure they aren’t bothering neighbors by barking. We DO lock our gate so there are no accidental escapes and our neighbor is aware of this. If they need to get to the side of their house they just ask, but they have never seemed to need to. Good luck!
We have a large grassy corner lot CYV so they can run around and play. We also do not let them out unsupervised. I like the grass because it is so much cooler than the rocks and only needs to be mowed once a week in the summer and less in the winter.
Old 07-05-2023, 07:20 AM
Default Another Option to Consider

I absolutely need a fenced yard for my boxers. After a lengthy search I decided to buy in Spruce Creek South where I installed a huge fence. I can also have a garden here; you can't in The Villages. This community borders The Villages and we get to enjoy all the public activities of the Villages and come home to the peace and quiet that this community offers. I've been here 9 months and love it! The lots here are mostly a quarter acre and home prices quite affordable.
Old 07-05-2023, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlingal View Post
the Village of Hemingway on Nash Loop has houses with an enclosed yard that are NOT courtyard villas.
Thanks for pointing that out! I didn't think there was anything north of 466A other than CYV's. Interesting.
Old 07-05-2023, 07:29 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,045 Times in 536 Posts
Default South of 44

Newer construction moved houses closer to the road so there were fewer “kissing” lanais. The back yards are generally larger. I would look south of 44.

“ There are those who believe something, and therefore will tolerate nothing; and on the other hand, those who tolerate everything, because they believe nothing.” - Robert Browning
Old 07-05-2023, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remembergoldenrule View Post
Please take matters into your own hands. Make sure you look on Zillow and the villages home finder yourself each day. Mls and Villages don’t show each others houses. No one shows For Sale by Owner. Special tab on Zillow. Some realtors won’t show others listings. I think your smart putting out announcement here and on NextDoor. Realtors “working” for me have never found a house for me over last 40 years. Always had to call them to unlock door after I found it. ������������
No real estate agent I know “won’t show others listing”. Those that do don’t last very long.
Old 07-05-2023, 07:36 AM

Some homes in The Village of Bradford have fences. The home we bought here did not have a fence but my Villages realtor Barbara Lightbody looked it up and found out that it is allowed on my lot. So I put one in for my 2 dogs. It has made our lives much easier (they still get 2 walks a day) but now they can go out any random time without me having to do more than open a door. There is 1 home for sale near me that would probably allow a fence to be added but you would need to check.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	483
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	99126  
Old 07-05-2023, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizkey88 View Post
Hello, we are finally ready to make the jump and move to The Villages. Our family also includes 2 dogs and we absolutely have to buy a house with a fenced in yard and some grass to play on. Its difficult when searching for homes, there isn't alway a designated search box for that. I see the Courtyard Villas all seem to have fenced yards but there aren't many available. Are there any other series that I might want to look at that include a fenced yard?
I suggest you download The Villages App and start looking at floor plans. All the new listings have them. For a fence, focus your search on Virandas and Courtyard Villas. Work with both a Property of the Villages agent and an outside agent. We did that. Ended up going with new construction, but there are some lovely preowned homes too. Many are under a year old, so practically brand new. Also, and this is important, look on Google Earth for what’s around the area. Many of these houses are very close to major roads, such as the Florida Turnpike. If you buy a pre-owned home, ask the seller if the landscaping was done with the Architectural Review Committee (ARC) approval. Then ask ARC for the approval letter. Good luck in your search.
Old 07-05-2023, 07:51 AM
Default 5269 Dray Drive is for sale

Quote:
Hello, we are finally ready to make the jump and move to The Villages. Our family also includes 2 dogs and we absolutely have to buy a house with a fenced in yard and some grass to play on. Its difficult when searching for homes, there isn't alway a designated search box for that. I see the Courtyard Villas all seem to have fenced yards but there aren't many available. Are there any other series that I might want to look at that include a fenced yard?
My neighbor is selling their courtyard villa. It is in The Village of Bradford off Warm Springs Ave. Very nice area. Easy to get around and you have Sawgrass and Brownwood within 10min.
Old 07-05-2023, 08:50 AM
Default Fenced yards - i started w a CYV corner lot - large but i wanted bigger for my dogs .

Fenced yards - i started w a CYV corner lot - large but i wanted bigger for my dogs so I purchased a corner lot Veranda w a block wall (harder to dig out). Lot size may depend on dog size - 2 little v 2 biggies. Of course also considering house & garage size, etc.

Quote:
Old 07-05-2023, 08:56 AM

Courtyard villas are fenced and probably best for smaller dogs. Veranda homes are bigger and fenced with a bit more yard space for the dogs to stretch their legs.
Old 07-05-2023, 09:25 AM

My house at 6022 Swicord St. near Sawgrass recently went on the market for $474k with many perks ($5000. Bonus for new sod or however you want to use it). Fully fenced back yard, 2006 SQ Foot home, 2 car garage, etc. It’s a 2 year old Courtyard Villa with an oversized lot. Call me if you’re interested. 775 830 8549.
Old 07-05-2023, 11:51 AM
Location: Lived in MD, SC, DE, PA, VA, CA, Italy, Spain, USNS Comfort & Mercy...moved from New Mexico

Understand ur dilemma as we faced the same when we moved here. Suggest looking at the "Cottage series" as those are fenced & look at properties south of 44. Many of the newer developments, homes are fenced vs few in the older areas. The rile as I understand it is, when the house is built, the fence must be erected and can't be done after a house is built. More owners are wanting this amenity thus more new homes, (built after 2021) have fenced in yards.
Old 07-05-2023, 12:19 PM
Default Fences?

I must say that in 11 years in old or new there is no fence. The courtyard villas have walls for privacy. Mostly very little grass and very hot concrete. Patio villas have an extremely small fence not really closed. Other than this there won't be any physical fences at all new or old.

But, the true answer is an electronically fence. This is the only answer.
Old 07-05-2023, 09:10 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
I think that quote is key to many things in the villages. Just because it works at home now, it may not work in TV.

I found a birdcage is best for our dog. They are safe, I can let them out in the yard to do their business, there are spots that are shaded, etc.
Yup. If you don’t get a courtyard (and not one that backs up to a golf course) definitely need a birdcage for the pooch
Closed Thread

Tags
fenced, yard, villages, dogs, box

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.