Fleas in Dec through Feb?

Closed Thread
Old 11-08-2009, 10:13 PM
Default Fleas in Dec through Feb?

I hate using anything toxic for our dog, but when we go camping we use frontline. So far no fleas (or ticks that I know of). but his eyes and allergies seem worse. I think everything toxic is a burden to their system. We also use heartworm tablets when mosquitoes are out in Michigan. My holistic vet would prefer we use nothing at all but I'm not that brave.

Does frontline work with Florida fleas/ticks?

Are Florida vets educated yet in the now 3 year revaccination that the big vet organization (name slips my mind) is now recommending? Many Michigan vets are not. While on a camping trip on the east coast, I found an awesome "conventional" vet who was totally up to date. Tried to talk her into moving to Michigan.

Also, will Florida vets honor Michigan legal requirements for rabies shots? In Michigan he will be due for one in April. God forbid we need a vet and find out I have to give him unnecessary vaccinations.

Do you know of an Ocala board where I might find a holistic or alternative vet available?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.