Found Dog---Black & Brown Chihuahua mix

Closed Thread
Old 05-05-2010, 12:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Sandy. I know you said you couldn't keep him....but....Sandy..you sound like such a perfect person for a little dog..unless of course his owner surfaces, which I hope will happen...but..............
Old 05-05-2010, 02:43 PM
Soaring Eagle member

maybe the owners of Max can foster this little found dog while the owner is being located, seems better than turning him over to the county....gn
Old 05-05-2010, 04:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnut View Post
maybe the owners of Max can foster this little found dog while the owner is being located, seems better than turning him over to the county....gn
Golfnut ... what a great idea!!
Old 05-05-2010, 05:02 PM
Sage

Aw, he jumped on the bed. He does want you to be his momma! If you just can't, maybe someone on TOTV is looking for a dog or knows someone who is. Oh please, oh please. I do want him to find a good and loving home.

Sandy, you've done a lot for the little guy, walking him, letting him sleep on the bed, going on the radio, posting, calling, trying, trying, trying to find him a home.

You might not be able to be his momma, but you sure are the cat's meow!
Old 05-05-2010, 11:26 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post

You might not be able to be his momma, but you sure are the cat's meow!
I keep reading this thread hoping to see that the doggie's parents have been found.

Sandy, I agree with Pturner, you sure are to be admired in your efforts to find this dog's owners. And you are being so kind in the meantime.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:34 AM
Veteran member

I, again, appreciate all your kind comments. Still no calls from anyone. As I said we can't keep him---we travel alot; in fact, going out of town next week and after returning for a few days--away again and it would not be fair to have a pet and leave him all the time-especially one who appears to have been abandoned. The hard part is that he now trusts us--no longer skiddish--likes to be petted and sits close. I know he will be adopted--as he would make the perfect "Village Dog" for someone. Just know the longer I keep him the harder it will be for me. My granddaughter wants me to "mail him to Richmond"--she is an animal lover as well--already has 2 cats--her dad has 2 dogs. We go back to Richmond (our hometown) every three months for a week or more as we have all family/friends (including my husband's 92 yr old father) there. Wish the phone would ring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-06-2010, 11:04 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandybill2 View Post
I, again, appreciate all your kind comments. Still no calls from anyone. As I said we can't keep him---we travel alot; in fact, going out of town next week and after returning for a few days--away again and it would not be fair to have a pet and leave him all the time-especially one who appears to have been abandoned. The hard part is that he now trusts us--no longer skiddish--likes to be petted and sits close. I know he will be adopted--as he would make the perfect "Village Dog" for someone. Just know the longer I keep him the harder it will be for me. My granddaughter wants me to "mail him to Richmond"--she is an animal lover as well--already has 2 cats--her dad has 2 dogs. We go back to Richmond (our hometown) every three months for a week or more as we have all family/friends (including my husband's 92 yr old father) there. Wish the phone would ring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How strange that no-one has called. I would think that if the owners are away, perhaps a neighbour in Belvedere Village would recognize the dog. I hope the dog wasn't just brought to The Villages and abandoned.

I think people who abandon dogs are the lowest of vermin, right up there with pedophiles.

I have my fingers crossed that the owners will claim their dog today. A comforting thought is that many, many rescue dogs are adopted by loving Villagers and end up with great homes.
Old 05-06-2010, 04:11 PM
Default The End of the Story

Thank you all, especially SandyBill2 for giving our little lost rat terrier a temporary home while we searched for his owner. Unfortunately, after aggressive actions, i.e. WVLG (twice), The Villages Petfinder, well over 600 e-mail addresses affiliated with RDOG/RDOG2/Dynamic Dog Club, we were unable to reunite the little one with its owner. He is now in the safe community of Sumter County Animal Services for a complete check-up, vaccinations, and i.d. chipping. If anyone is interested in adopting this little one you may call Sumter County Animal Services for additional information. Again thank you all for your suggestions, inquiries, and plain old American caring. God Bless You and God Bless the U.S.A.
Old 05-07-2010, 03:10 PM
Taltarzac
Default Look for a name for the dog with no name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Responsible Dog Owners View Post
Thank you all, especially SandyBill2 for giving our little lost rat terrier a temporary home while we searched for his owner. Unfortunately, after aggressive actions, i.e. WVLG (twice), The Villages Petfinder, well over 600 e-mail addresses affiliated with RDOG/RDOG2/Dynamic Dog Club, we were unable to reunite the little one with its owner. He is now in the safe community of Sumter County Animal Services for a complete check-up, vaccinations, and i.d. chipping. If anyone is interested in adopting this little one you may call Sumter County Animal Services for additional information. Again thank you all for your suggestions, inquiries, and plain old American caring. God Bless You and God Bless the U.S.A.
The Sumter County Humane Society's foster care people will have attached a new name to this pooch by the time he is in the array of pets who are up for adoption. Unless someone snatches this dog up before he even gets to the array. http://www.hsspca.org/adoptionslist.asp?petgroup=dog

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 05-07-2010 at 03:12 PM.
Old 05-07-2010, 04:39 PM
Dancing Thyme

I'm confused... which one is the adoptable dog on the link that Tal posted? The only one that has no name looks like a beagle??? I love the schnauzer, Ranger, but I wanted to see the correct dog.

To Responsible Dog Owners.....why is it the "end of the story"??? It should be the beginning for our lovely little doggy. We will be optimistic and hope that it is adopted soon. Let's keep an eye on this situation.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 05-07-2010, 09:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Poor little lost rat terrier, he must be so afraid and lonely. But he will soon adjust to his new surroundings, and hopefully will get adopted soon. Looking at the dogs listed on Tal's website link just makes my heart break. The good news is that many will be adopted by caring people in The Villages.

Sandy, you did a great service to this little dog trying to find his parents. Thanks you for your efforts. And also thanks to Responsible Dog Owners for getting involved.

When I started hanging out at Doggie Doo Run Run, and talking to members, I was astonished to find out that almost every dog there seems to be a rescue. I think it is so wonderful that the dog lovers in The Villages have opened up their hearts and their homes to these abandoned animals.

And hopefully, this little fellow will soon have a forever home.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:11 PM
Default I guess it's not the end of the story!

I keep forgetting how anal some folks are on this site. The end of our story regarding keeping the rat terrier safe. He is, in fact, going to be adopted next week just as soon as Animal Control releases him to Animal Services. Someone has placed a deposit on the dog and he will be adopted to a very nice family with children for him to play with.
Old 05-08-2010, 02:26 PM
Taltarzac
Default That's nice to hear. Not about the "anal" folks...

Quote:
I keep forgetting how anal some folks are on this site. The end of our story regarding keeping the rat terrier safe. He is, in fact, going to be adopted next week just as soon as Animal Control releases him to Animal Services. Someone has placed a deposit on the dog and he will be adopted to a very nice family with children for him to play with.
...but that this dog already has a family waiting for him.
Old 05-08-2010, 02:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
The end of our story regarding keeping the rat terrier safe. He is, in fact, going to be adopted next week just as soon as Animal Control releases him to Animal Services. Someone has placed a deposit on the dog and he will be adopted to a very nice family with children for him to play with.
Thanks Responsible Dog Owners and Sandy.
Old 05-08-2010, 02:52 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
That wasn't nice !!!!!!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.