Loveable Cat Needs a Home

Closed Thread
Old 04-23-2010, 03:49 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany
Default Loveable Cat Needs a Home

My name is Disco. I'm a short-hair, affectionate, neutered male cat who is about 8 years old and weighs about 18 pounds. I was rescued just before moving to The Villages. The people who rescued me (K9-Lovers), think I'm great! I've got lots of love and affection to give and make a good companion. Nothing seems to bother me; I get along with other cats and dogs, and I'm just not afraid of anything! Ever! I've been de-clawed, the vet says I'm a very healthy boy, and I've been used to living indoors for the past 5 years. I'm not a picky eater, and my litterbox manners are impeccable. Just one thing you should know -- I love spending time in the birdcage! (Not the one with birds in it silly, the one attached to the lanai!) So a birdcage is a must if you want to take me home with you. If you think you'd like my laid-back, easy-going personality, just send a private message to K9-Lovers. And, did I mention that I have the prettiest aqua/green eyes? My soft fur is white and grey with black stripes. I'm very handsome! Ask K9-Lovers and they will email a photo of me right to you. I'll be waiting to hear from you . . meanwhile, I'll be out in the birdcage . . . purrrrrrrrr...
Old 04-24-2010, 05:07 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

Good luck in finding a home. If I didn't already have two, I would take him. Just a note of caution, having been de-clawed, he should not be an outdoor cat. Claws are the only real way the can defend themselves. So who ever takes him, please make sure he is an inside cat.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:21 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany
Default Picture of Disco the Cat -- Looking for Love

This beautiful cat was abandoned in my neighborhood before moving to TV. We lived in the country and cats and dogs were often dumped in the area. On Halloween night, he was following groups of costumed kids from door to door and purring all the way. You cat lovers will know that Halloween is not a good night for a cat to be wandering about, so that's when I decided to take him in.

He has an unusual name. Remember dancing at the disco and hearing the song: Staying Alive, Staying Alive . . . by the BeeGees? Well, when he was rescued he was allowed to Stay Alive and so the name "Disco".

He has not yet been adopted and is still looking for a home here in TV. A link to his photo is below. Take a look and pass the word to friends and neighbors who may want a feline companion. He is very affectionate and loving. His new home MUST have a birdcage, and he is an indoor only cat.

Click on this link below to see him relaxing in one of my chairs:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3184/...26157efdd5.jpg
Old 04-27-2010, 07:09 AM
Sage

Come on, someone adopt this beautiful cat. I will donate 2 48 count wet cat food to anyone who takes this cat. One now and the other in 6 months. Unless K-9 tells me he prefers dry food then 2 bags of dry food. Lets find him a good home.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:29 PM
Sage

bump
Old 04-28-2010, 03:54 PM
Default Disco

Why are you giving him up?
Old 04-28-2010, 08:55 PM

I have a declawed cat and he loves to go outside especially at night. We have a courtyard villa. He likes to run after the geiko's. My cat is going on 13 years old, very healthy, and has the best of all worlds: inside and outside.

I hope you find a good home for your kitty. He sounds like a perfect cat!! And also good company for someone who doesn't want to deal with a kitten!
Old 04-28-2010, 10:14 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantic View Post
Why are you giving him up?
We've been rescuing and finding homes for various cats and dogs through the years. We rescued Disco before moving the TV, with a plan to find him a home. We already have two dogs and are at are limit for animals here in TV.

Additionally, one of our dogs is afraid of cats. This dog was rescued, too, and she must have had a bad experience with a cat at one time.

So, even though he is loveable and very affectionate, Disco must find a new home.

If you are interested in Disco, we are willing for you to take him on a trial basis, and if things just don't work out for any reason, we will take him right back. That way, he has a chance to find a home that is a perfect match for him.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:32 PM
Soaring Eagle member

bump
Old 04-30-2010, 09:00 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffysmom View Post
bump

Thanks, Duffy's Mom, for the bump.

Disco is still "looking for love".
Old 04-30-2010, 09:19 PM

I was hoping to hear that someone adopted Disco. Have you considering posting his info in vet's offices? Perhaps someone whose animal passed on would be interested in having Disco as a pet. He just sounds like such a nice pet to have!
Old 05-01-2010, 02:28 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Since we've only been here a week, I haven't yet posted notices in the vet offices, etc. But, I will as soon as we get settled. Thanks for the idea.
Old 05-01-2010, 03:01 PM
Taltarzac
Default Cute cat. Too bad my dog is kind of king of the house...

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9-Lovers View Post
This beautiful cat was abandoned in my neighborhood before moving to TV. We lived in the country and cats and dogs were often dumped in the area. On Halloween night, he was following groups of costumed kids from door to door and purring all the way. You cat lovers will know that Halloween is not a good night for a cat to be wandering about, so that's when I decided to take him in.

He has an unusual name. Remember dancing at the disco and hearing the song: Staying Alive, Staying Alive . . . by the BeeGees? Well, when he was rescued he was allowed to Stay Alive and so the name "Disco".

He has not yet been adopted and is still looking for a home here in TV. A link to his photo is below. Take a look and pass the word to friends and neighbors who may want a feline companion. He is very affectionate and loving. His new home MUST have a birdcage, and he is an indoor only cat.

Click on this link below to see him relaxing in one of my chairs:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3184/...26157efdd5.jpg
...and wants to remain on his throne.
Old 05-01-2010, 06:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9-Lovers View Post
Since we've only been here a week, I haven't yet posted notices in the vet offices, etc. But, I will as soon as we get settled. Thanks for the idea.
You've been in TV for only a week and have already shown your great big hearts! I wish we could adopt Disco. We are not in TV yet, will be in a couple years, and we are at the 2-pet limit.

Best wishes to you in your new home and to Disco in his when he finds it.

Old 05-02-2010, 08:14 PM
Sage

bump
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.