German Shepard on Palmer Riley 6th hole

Closed Thread
Old 11-16-2013, 05:09 PM
Default German Shepard on Palmer Riley 6th hole

We were golfing this afternoon and were met by a beautiful German Shepard on the 6th green of the Riley course. He was a little wet, with no collar - looking to have fun. He picked up our golf balls and ran around like he wanted to play. I was freaked out that he was on the course with no owner in site - and he seemed to be waiting for someone.
I didn't want to leave him on the course, but the Ambassador said he had called the pro shop about him. I, very reluctantly, left him there as he had no inclination to leave that hole.

We later learned that someone picked him up in a golf cart and drove him somewhere... If he's your dog, please let us know. I was haunted by his presence and then leaving him behind - even though he didn't seem distressed.

Has anyone ever seen him out there on his own?
Old 11-16-2013, 05:16 PM
Sage

OMG - another one for us to lose sleep over. Hope since this one is in possession it is either by the owner or the radio can announce where the pooch is now staying. Hope he makes it home and hope we hear about it!
Old 11-16-2013, 05:20 PM
Sage

come on now, relax bout these pups following their noses and having the most fun ever if they can get out of the box! let us know if they are still there tomorrow! I wish I'd seen that shepherd. awesome noses and earses. love em. run, Lola, run!
Old 11-16-2013, 06:01 PM

He was beautiful and full of fun. Definitely not a homeless dog. very well cared for. I guess he was just looking for a little fun. I would love to hear from his owner. after we left the hole, he just resumed his spot at the green, waiting for the next foursome to play with. I'll sleep well tonight knowing someone picked him up.
Old 11-16-2013, 06:56 PM

Looks like someone posted under Lost and Found that they found this Belgian Shepherd (looks like a German Shepherd) in the same area, so hopefully the dog at least has a nice warm place to stay until the owner can be found.
Old 11-16-2013, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyisle View Post
We later learned that someone picked him up in a golf cart and drove him somewhere... If he's your dog, please let us know. I was haunted by his presence and then leaving him behind - even though he didn't seem distressed.

Has anyone ever seen him out there on his own?
I was the one who picked him up. Met him on the 5th green. He was laying next to the pin. Drove up to the green before hitting and gave him a cheese cracker and some water, even though it was drizzling. He was not distressed. When we returned back to the tee box and hit, he was watching us and as we approached our balls he came bounding over and grabbed a ball. Playing with it and running around the cart. We called the clubhouse, assuming someone would get him but no one came. It was raining hard and my wife was worried he would wander into the street so we loaded him into the cart and headed back towards the clubhouse. Saw the ambassador on the way in and he said there was nothing he/they could do. He let my wife ride back with him as the dog was big and she was riding on the back standing on the tailgate of our cart. Was raining pretty heavily by then. I was writing a thread called found Belgian Shepard outside the clubhouse with the dog as my wife was in the clubhouse calling the radio station. She came out just as I posted it saying there was a report of the missing dog and she had called the number but no answer. The ambassador said he could sit on the steps leading to the clubhouse door. We had a leash in the cart we used to tie him to the rail. They said they would wait for the owners to call back. We left and went home, cleaned up and headed out to eat. Stopped into Palmer and the owners had just picked him/her up. Retrieved my leash and went to TooJays for a brisket platter
Old 11-16-2013, 07:09 PM

Oh such happy news that he/she was reunited with its owner. A big thanks to you and your wife for caring enough to do what you did. Love happy endings when it comes to animals.
Old 11-16-2013, 07:16 PM
Veteran member

Gustavo, you did a wonderful thing. My dogs wear a collar that says "If I'm loose I'm lost" and then my name and the cell number of both myself and my husband. I would hope anyone that comes upon them would also take them, hold them and CALL. I would hate to think of them running loose somewhere, getting close to traffic and possibly getting hurt or into trouble. It is the scariest thing I can imagine! Bless you for the happy ending you provided and tragedy averted. Smart thing to carry a leash with you!!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.