Get A Dog To Love And Have Vet Bills Paid By Rescue

Closed Thread
Old 07-25-2023, 07:53 AM
Gold member
Default Get A Dog To Love And Have Vet Bills Paid By Rescue

It is called forever fostering.
Let me start by saying that Low Rider Dachshund Rescue of Florida is NOT just about dachshunds. They also take in other small dogs and sometimes bigger dogs on occasion. Most of the dogs will go on to be put up for adoption, but sometimes it is decided that a dog should not be put up for adoption for a variety of reasons. That is when a forever foster home is needed. The forever foster parent(s) get the dog as their companion forever. The rescue retains ownership and pays the vet bills. It is like having the best of both worlds. A dog without all the expensive bills. If any of you would like to know more about forever fostering or would like to sign up, please go to:
Volunteer page (with links to applications) - Volunteer - Low Rider Dachshund Rescue of Florida
Online Foster Application - Foster Application Online - Low Rider Dachshund Rescue of Florida
Foster Application (in PDF format) - https://lowriderrescue.org/wp-conten...F-Printout.pdf
Email: Admin@LowRiderRescue.org
Old 07-25-2023, 09:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,380 Times in 2,520 Posts

Some rescue centers in UK have similar program for older, and hard to re-home dogs.
Vets bills and food part of deal, and if you go on holiday, they take them in for free whilst you are away.
Saves a lot of dogs from being put down.
Old 07-25-2023, 10:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,672 Times in 1,507 Posts

Sure going the extra mile to saddle folks with a fur anchor. Yes, I've had several dogs in my life and loved and cared for them all. But, the truth is that pets are dependants with special needs. If you decide to make a trip at the drop of a hat, sorry. You have to consider and make plans for Fido, who is waiting for you to come home after your lunch or dinner, to feed him/her/it and go walkies. Spontaneity killers.
Maybe no pets bred before an order for a litter already sold. No pups hoping for adoption.
I shared my home with 8 over the years. There will be no 9 for me.
Closed Thread

Tags
forever, foster, dog, bills, rescue

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.