Gps tracker for pet

Closed Thread
Old 09-24-2018, 01:30 PM
Platinum member
Default Gps tracker for pet

I have a Whistle GPS tracker on my Shih Tzu-Maltese. After the second time she ran out the door, in 18 months, I bought a WHISTLE GPS tracker, It just totally paid for itself today. The tracker took me to her exact location, not a close location, but exact location. I tracked her with my iPhone.

It cost about $60 to buy the tracker and between 6 and 10 dollars a month for the tracking. Worth every penny! As long as she is not stolen, and the GPS unit is on and charged, she can be tracked anyplace in the US!

I have , for the past 30 years, had Yorkies, and they did not care to "escape". Cookie is one fast little dog, and I could never keep up with her or find her.

Please, I know I should train her not to run out the door, but that is not working so well. So I bought the GPS tracker.
Old 09-24-2018, 02:21 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by starflyte1 View Post
I have a Whistle GPS tracker on my Shih Tzu-Maltese. After the second time she ran out the door, in 18 months, I bought a WHISTLE GPS tracker, It just totally paid for itself today. The tracker took me to her exact location, not a close location, but exact location. I tracked her with my iPhone.

It cost about $60 to buy the tracker and between 6 and 10 dollars a month for the tracking. Worth every penny! As long as she is not stolen, and the GPS unit is on and charged, she can be tracked anyplace in the US!

I have , for the past 30 years, had Yorkies, and they did not care to "escape". Cookie is one fast little dog, and I could never keep up with her or find her.

Please, I know I should train her not to run out the door, but that is not working so well. So I bought the GPS tracker.

So happy this worked out for you and your little doggie.
Old 09-24-2018, 02:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Good information--thanks! I've wondered about some of the trackers, as I've read some only work for a short distance. If I had a "bolter," I would definitely invest in one that has far-reaching capabilities. It would be worth the monthly cost.
Old 09-24-2018, 05:35 PM
Gold member

Thanks for sharing. I was wondering how much the monthly charge was for them. Good thing to have if you have an escape artist.
Closed Thread

Tags
gps, tracker, location, tracked, bought

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.