Groomer for Cats

Closed Thread
Old 09-30-2009, 11:22 AM
Veteran member
Default Groomer for Cats

I always took my long haired cats to the Village Vet Groomer. The tech did a wonderful job shaving them down to a lion's cut. At the Village vet, they give cats a mild sedation.

When I called for an app't; they told me that the cat groomer left and they no longer groom cats. They suggested the Village Pet villas. I spoke to the tech there and she assured me that she has been grooming cats for over 25 years and there wasn't a cat she couldn't handle. In fact, she had most of the former cat clients from Village Vet. But they do not sedate. No problem she tells me, all the cats that had been previously sedated when groomed were fine.

Well, my docile cat went rambo on her and her brother, my lovable love bug stressed out so much he pooped the entire time. Needless to say I was so very upset when she told me. So much for "I can handle any cat".

I need to find another groomer, preferably one at a vet's office (groomers at a vet's office can only sedate animals by law).

Any suggestions

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.