How did you transport cats to TV from out of state?

Closed Thread
Old 08-15-2010, 06:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by swrinfla View Post
Russ:

My initial reaction was, "Well, now he's done it! Don't pay any attention to him next time he comes to the TOTV luncheon!"

But, you really, really are entitled to dislike cats because of your allergies! You, might, however, have been a tad bit more diplomatic by saying something more like "dislike" than "hate!"

My New Cat will deign to ignore you, should you ever come to my house!

SWR
If all the cat lovers hate me because I 'dislike' cats then so be it. I'll bet there are many things that they 'dislike' that I love. But I'll never not pay attention to someone because of it.

Someone's likability and friendship are, or should be, based on a lot deeper things than their like or dislike or various household pets.

My 2 C!
Old 08-15-2010, 06:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Oh Russ.

If you are not careful, Villagers will be thinking you are a Feline Fumar.
Old 08-15-2010, 06:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Oh Russ.

If you are not careful, Villagers will be thinking you are a Feline Fumar.
So be it.

Someone doesn't like me because I 'dislike' cats? Well that's just plain stupid.

I'm going to not like someone because (let me think here), they dislike yogurt. How could anyone dislike yogurt? I'll never be friends with them. EVER!
Old 08-15-2010, 07:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I am sorry Russ. I was just teasing you.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:06 PM

We transported our two 17 year old cats from Michigan. They began in cat carriers but by the time we traveled 100 miles their "howling" drove us nuts.

Being we have a hatchback we already had the back seats down so we ditched the carriers and let the cats run free. They stopped their howling, walked around (sometimes to the front seat to sit on my lap or lay at my feet) and slept a lot in the back of the car. They were happier than ever for the entire 1100 miles. Of course we had litter boxes, food, and water in the back with them.

I'm glad we decided to get a car top carrier for our personal belongings or we'd been in a heap of trouble...
Old 08-15-2010, 07:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
Cats?

I go by the old adage. If you really love them set them free and see if they can find you.

OK just kidding but you can probably tell that I hate, yes I said hate, cats.

Good luck with yours though

"...Hate, yes I said hate" is a bit stronger than dislike.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 08-15-2010, 07:17 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinca View Post
"...Hate, yes I said hate" is a bit stronger than dislike.

That's correct Chuck. Again I ask, what's wrong with hating cats? I'm only using dislike since someone suggested it sounded better. But I stick with what I said. I hate cats, always have, always will. It's my choice. And it helps that I'm allergic so I don't have to pretend. I'm not suggesting that anyone else hate them.

This is just plain silly.

Let me put it this way. If you don't like me because I hate cats then I'm really sure that I don't want to be your friend anyway. (I don't mean you Chuck I just mean anyone who feels that way).
Old 08-15-2010, 07:18 PM
Sage

And back to the point of the thread. I don't have any suggestions on how to transport cats. Obviously
Old 08-15-2010, 07:22 PM
Sage

Russ:

Just because you hate cats doesn't mean that I don't like you.

You could be a bit more PC - why did you post on a cat topic anyway?

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 08-15-2010, 07:26 PM
Sage

I posted on here to be funny because basically I'm a funny guy (at least I say funny, many would say smartass). But so be it.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
So be it.

Someone doesn't like me because I 'dislike' cats? Well that's just plain stupid.

I'm going to not like someone because (let me think here), they dislike yogurt. How could anyone dislike yogurt? I'll never be friends with them. EVER!
WHAT? Dislike someone for not liking yogurt!!!

Now you've gone to far. Now you've hurt my feelings.

And Russ, what were you doing peaking in the Girl Talk thread anyway!!!!

Of course I'm just kidding! at least about you going to far and hurting my feelings, not about quit peaking in Girl Talk.

You don't have to be PC in my book. We all have opinions, some of which are unpopular. For example, there's this Kool expression that I love... oh, never mind.

Even my cat, 2-Putt, is not mad at you. Like the cats Pooh knows, you'd probably be the first one he'd go to. Cats are catty that way.

Last edited by Pturner; 08-15-2010 at 08:33 PM.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
WHAT? Dislike someone for not liking yogurt!!!

Now you've gone to far. Now you've hurt my feelings.

And Russ, what were you doing peaking in the Girl Talk thread anyway!!!!

Of course I'm just kidding! at least about you going to far and hurting my feelings, not about quit peaking in Girl Talk.

You don't have to be PC in my book. We all have opinions, some of which are unpopular. For example, there's this Kool expression that I love... oh, never mind.

Even my cat, 2-Putt, is not mad at you. Like the cats Pooh knows, you'd probably be the first one he'd go to. Cats are catty that way.
I, too, think Russ has been peeking into the Girl Talk....HOW ELSE WOULD HE KNOW ABOUT THE YOGURT!!!!

I've owned one cat in my life and he was a rescue. I was in college, working summers in the kitchen of a nursing home near home when this young cat wandered in. He then made his way to the patients' rooms and walked around as if he owned the place. The administrator wanted him gone and was about to call animal control to come and get him. I decided he wasn't going so I just picked him up and put him in my car till I went home...and surprised my parents and siblings. Dad really disliked cats, my sister also doesn't like cats. Mom, brother and I were thrilled to have this furry addition to the household. Of course Stanleigh stayed. He rode home in my car beautifully and didn't fuss one little bit.

Once he got older, taking him in the car, even to the vet was an adventure. He'd howl, pant, appear to be dying. Stan was a smart cat...maybe he knew that first ride was to a permanent home. (Mom and Dad kept him when Mike and I married...and he lived a long and happy life with them.)

Last edited by pooh; 08-15-2010 at 09:15 PM.
Old 08-15-2010, 09:01 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

Okay, the cat's out of the bag. Russ is guilty (not only of hating cats, but) of peeking in on the Girls Only Forum. Stop pussy footin' around, Russ, and tell us, do you really hate yogurt, too? C'mon, don't be a fraidy-cat. Promise that I won't "get my back up" and be a sour-puss about it!
Old 08-15-2010, 09:14 PM
Veteran member
Talking

Hi Russ,
As a nurse I just hope you like us people more than you likes cats.
Old 08-15-2010, 09:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalen View Post
Hi Russ,
As a nurse I just hope you like us people more than you likes cats.
Have you seen Nurse Jackie? Nuff said
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.