Important warnings from my vet!

Closed Thread
Old 11-06-2009, 08:42 PM
Sage
Default Important warnings from my vet!

most of you probably are aware of these dangers to your pets but after talking to my vet today I must admit I Wasant! hope these are helpful.

Wash your dogs paws after comming in from any time spent in grass. There are harmful pesticides and other chemicals that are sprayed on lawns.
(this was suspected in the death of my daughters dog. She developed cancer on her toes that spread throughout her body. )

Dont give your pets tap water. Also harmful chemicals in the water. Use either distilled water or have a quality filter put on your faucet,

The pine straw that is used in The Villages is infested with ticks and fleas. Much of it is brought in from south America.

This veteranarian is a long time Villager himself and Im so grateful he informed me of these dangers.

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:51 PM

thats interesting about the ticks. when we moved here 4 yrs ago really no problems but the past 2 yrs our dog is full of them and we keep her out of the pine straw. I have to believe The Villages is full of ticks. Seems to be a yr round problem. they are getting in here somehow. I was thinking they could be coming off the mowers that transfer them from outside areas.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:56 PM
Eternal Member

Thanks nONIE for this info. My dog does not like to walk on our lawn. This could be why.

Do not follow where the path may lead.
Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Old 11-07-2009, 09:28 AM
Sage

bump

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.